You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Hooded Lady

Real Ghost Stories

Hooded Lady

 

I don't remember when exactly this happened. I must have been about 6 or 7. My older brother and I were home alone and watching TV in the dark. I got an uncomfortable feeling and kept seeing movement out of the corner of my eye. It was to the left where the entrance to our formal sitting room used to be. After a while I started making out a shape in the darkness. It had no colour; the air was just somehow thicker there. The figure was hooded, though it was so indistinct I have no idea how I knew. I could also tell that it was female. It kept walking around, stopping every now and then to look at my brother and me. I didn't feel scared but I was oddly paralysed.

When the figure didn't go away, I finally said to my brother "there's a hooded lady in the sitting room". Of course he didn't believe me and promptly made a joke out of it. When he turned on the lights, the spell was broken.

I never understood why, but my account of the hooded lady made my parents very uneasy. Years later my mom finally told me why. They left my brother and me at home that night to go visit my aunt. She had cancer and has been hospitalized for a while. The night I saw the hooded lady was the night my aunt died.

Other hauntings by Dina

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Isn't that always the way? For years you wondered about that encounter and knew in your heart and soul that it had happened just as you remember it. Only to find out years later that everybody else knew exactly what it was about?
I'm so sorry that it was your Aunt's passing, but she did come to say 'Goodbye' on her way. That's something no one can take away. I've had similar things happen only to find out later that the person had passed. And think 'Wow! They came by to see me?'
Thanks for sharing! 😊
EmoChick (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
thats an awesome story! I mean I'm sorry your aunt died 😭 but I think its pretty cool you got to see her one last time before she crossed 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: