You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Emotions

Real Ghost Stories

Emotions

 

This story isn't about me, although I have gotten deeply involved. I have a friend who told me she had a ghost following her. It moved with her from house to house, whole cities even.

Although I was at first convinced she just wanted attention, I thought there was no harm in playing along. I was open minded to the idea that spirits might exist.

When I'm around her I get these shivers and goose bumps although I myself am not cold. I really do believe she has a ghost following her, but he is not a serious threat. She believes he protects her because she resembles his sister. He puts up something we have dubbed "The Wall". You know the feeling when you are in a room with a lot of static electricity? That's the feeling her wall gives off.

I'm confused by this. Ghosts are made up of electro magnetic energy so it makes sense that her wall would be made out of electricity, but wouldn't this be impossibly taxing on the ghost, using its own life energy to create a wall around a person they didn't even know in real life? I need someone's thoughts on this, I have honestly no clue.

Can ghosts protect people? Do they protect people? I've never heard of it before.

I'm just lost and confused. This is all so unreal, but I've experienced it. I want him to be able to move on, but I don't know how. If anyone knows anything about him that can help me, I would love some help. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AllennellA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aya22 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
If she can feel the ghost around her and she feels uncomfortable, she can try saying something like, "Please leave, I would like to be left alone" or something along the lines like "please leave, you're not welcome here." Ignoring it altogether works too. Sometimes both of those two combinations of ignoring and telling it to leave can make it go away completely. I go back on what I said. If it causes negativity, for instance: depression, fear, uneasiness, etc. Then these are usually signs of it's demeanor or intentions not being good.

Lol, about the 22 part of my name, it's just my birthday- May 22nd. 😆
AllennellA (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
[at] lazria

That does sound a bit like it... But I think it's a neutral spirit rather than a negative one like a poltergiest. It does seem to have some of the qualities you described though... Thank you for your help!

[at] aya22

I think she might have some sort of sense, because she claims to have seen him while I was around. There were the common symptoms of a ghost in the room, but I couldn't see him there.

By the way, how did you decide on your user name? The 22 part? It's just that the number 22 follows me around everywhere I go.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
A couple of things strike me when I read (and re-read) this story & the comments.

First, to answer your question: ghosts/spirits/enities need engery to manifest. They can pull from almost anything - emotions, people, animals, electronics, ect. This is why a lot of people say it gets cold when something is trying to "make contact" - heat is engery, remove the engery and the place becomes cold.

BUT...

If I am piecing things together right, your friend has some type of enity following her - she is aware of his past, she is sad/depressed often and is beginng to alter her ideas (afraid of his past & wanting time to stand still) because of it.

In what ways has this being "protected" her? When was her first recollection of it being here? Does it do anything but put up the "wall" you described? Does anything happen to cause this wall or is it always there?

Several things... For lack of better wording... Come to me about this being. These are impressions/opions of mine, I offer them and you can expand or ingore as you (or anyone) sees fit.

1 - it's not as friendly as she thinks, it's using her and it's not for a "good" reason. It's beginning to affect her both mentally & pyshically, effecting her for the negative. (Her constant sadness, unhappiness) There is more going on than what she is telling you.

2 - it is somehow attached to her, but she is also keeping attached. I don't know if it's a willing thing on her behalf, but she is allowing it to stay. She is also allowing it to use her.

3 - part of me thinks she is the cause of this. I don't know why, but a "poltergiest" type enity comes to mind.

The reasoning behind my impressions are varied, but in my youth I "invented" a friend that as a adult, I realized was a lot more than just my imgaination. It took on a life of it's own, got me to alter my behaviors and mannerisums and eventually wanted me to start hurting things. (if you want more info, please email) To this day I wonder if some enity saw my need and played along to feed itself or not something else was at play.

I also wonder if your friend also felling into the same trap that I did.

I wish her hope & happiness.
EmoChick (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
i agree with aya22,, there's probably one reason or another hes attracted to her. Maybe she knew him before? She might be a Sensitive and that's why watches/protects her.
aya22 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
I agree with emochick about the statement that ghosts feed off of energy. I assume that perhaps the ghost that is following her is attracted to her for whatever reason. For example, perhaps she is more sensitive to things like spirits. She emits more energy than some people in order for the spirit to feed off of and manifest from. I've had a spirit follow me what I think maybe my whole life. If it doesn't bother her or affect her negatively in ANYway, then what's the harm in having something tag along? Sometimes it can also be positive as long as it doesn't become an issue.
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
I think it is like your friend had said, he is probably protectioning her, best of luck ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
What do you mean his past? If he is causing her emotional pain and then sheltering her then he is not protecting her. He would be in sense that no one else could hurt her but he is hurting her too causing her to be sad. If that is what is happening. I think we are missing some of this story to make a good judgement call.
AllennellA (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
[at] redphx

It seems that she's getting too caught in his past. His past is extremely horrifying, and I believe it's hurting her. Now she's afraid of everything and wants time to stand still. I don't think his trying to protect her isn't helping her to be anything but more nervous. But I suppose you're right. His moving on is his choice.

[at] EmoChick

He's a bit like an older brother. But yes, she mostly feels bad and unhappy. He's a sad ghost, but she thinks he's there to protect her and to be noticed. Thank you for trying to help!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
You can't make him move on. That is his choice. It is also his choice to protect her and it is her choice to be protected. They seem to be happy with their situation so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
EmoChick (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
ghosts feed off of energy. So you can tell if it's good or bad by seeing how your friend feels. If she is feeling bad, tired, unhappy, ect. Then the ghost is most likely not there to protect her. But if your friend is happy or in a good mood then it's probly feeding on her negative energy which means the ghost is either not wanting to harm her or wants to protect her.

Hope this helped a little
❤ 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: