You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Few Months Of Odd

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Months Of Odd

 

These are some things from my journal, which I only started keeping because of Miracles51031. It's been odd winter.

10-28-10. Brad asked me to find his old cell phone yesterday for his coworker, whose daughter had lost her phone again. Brad wanted to save his friend a few dollars by giving him the old phone for his daughter. Well, I forgot to look. Brad came home, went to change, and thanked me for finding his old phone. I asked what he meant, and he thanked me again for finding it. I told him I had forgotten to look and didn't find. He told me the phone was on his side of the bed, just under the edge of his pillow. It was weird, but I was grateful. I would have never found that thing on my own.

10-30-10. My alarm went off, I lay in bed for awhile longer. Too warm and comfortable to get up. I was lying on my left side, and a voice whispered "Connie" in my right ear. The voice was kind and friendly and sounded happy to see me awake.

10-31-10. Heard Brad's text message alert go off in the kitchen, even though I know he's at work and has his phone with him. Maybe all the crystals in the house are recording new residuals?

11-7-10. Most of our spoons and a few knives are in the iron skillet in the pantry instead of the storage bin in the pantry they belong in. I thought Brad put them there as a prank, but he swears it wasn't him. I know it wasn't me. Guess just normal stuff for here then.

11-9-10. Yesterday I downloaded a Lord of the Rings soundboard application on my phone. Tap a button on screen, the corresponding quote from the movies plays. I had the application up, but wasn't within touching distance of the phone. Neither was anyone else, then we suddenly hear "my...Preciousssss." Brad was staring at my phone and said "Uh, no one was near that. No one touched that." A second later, Gandalf's voice came on, saying that the Ring had heard it's Master's call and awoken. Still no one near the phone.

11-22-10. Last night I left my phone on my nightstand while feeding the cats and dogs. Phone was on its main screen when I went to the kitchen; when I came back to the bedroom my moon phase's application was open. Maybe one of the cats tapped the button to open it?

11-24-10. Brad went to bed this morning and put his glasses in their case put the case on his nightstand. When he got up, his glasses case was zipped up in his duffle bag on the far side of the room. (This is the day we decided to get out for awhile and had the experience in my Creepy Little Gas Station story. Haunted no matter where we go.)

12-3-10. Left the computer to make some popcorn. When I got back the chat screen was scrolling rapidly, as if someone was deliberately scrolling through it. No cats nearby. Who knows?

12-7-10. Dropped Brad off at work came home and was getting ready to go back to bed. I was in the bathroom, there were only two cats in the room and neither of them near the toilet. The toilet tank shook behind me and I turned to see what shook it. Nothing over my left shoulder. When I looked over my right shoulder I saw a small gray spider on my shoulder that I would not have noticed if the tank hadn't shook. I thanked whoever took the effort to warn me about the spider. I guess someone in the house understands my arachnophobia.

12-12-10. Brad lost a key he needed for work yesterday. He looked in the Ziploc bag he keeps his wallet and other keys in. Not there. He looked through his duffle bag. Not there. Looked in his drawer in his nightstand. Nothing. This morning the key was in the sealed Ziploc bag with his wallet and other keys.

1-4-10. Last night at bedtime Brad put Vash's toy duck in Vash's cage. (2 of our ferrets, Anakin and Mistress Bear share a cage; Vash is much younger and has his own cage). This morning Duckie was in Anakin and Bear's cage. Don't know how Duckie got from one closed cage to another.

1-16-11. Heard hard rock playing in the bedroom. TV in there was unplugged. My radio was in the kitchen unplugged, and my phone was in my pocket. Nothing that could be playing music in there. New residuals acting up again.

1-27-11. Went out around 8:30 to feed Riley and Ichi. Was petting the dogs when a white, glowing figure drifted past me on the porch. No cars were passing by for me to blame headlights. Maybe Riley's friend paying a visit.

2-10-11. Sitting in the kitchen holding Spooky when I heard old fashioned music playing from the back of the house. No TV or radios on back there or even plugged in.

Well, that's the gist of my weird winter. Hope it wasn't too boring.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BadJuuJuu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
I loved your diary of events. Missing stuff is frustrating, funny how I would much rather say I over looked something rather than admit IT REALLY WASNT THERE WHEN I LOOKED and now it is there! How many times have I looked through my purse for my cell phone or keys, pressing the sides flat to feel them, NOTHING. Yet the next day, or hours later, there they are right where I put them! Sigh.
Would love to hear more. Thanks for sharing!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
Hi Javelina. I've wondered about the music several times. The house is pretty old, so it could be that it's contemporary for whoever lived here before. The house has an odd mix of residual music now though lol.
The keys and glasses are kind of frustrating, but I guess taking stuff we really need makes it impossible to ignore the presence of someone else. Ah well, they always put stuff back, eventually lol.
❀
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
BadJuuJuu,
The phone app? I have to admit that one got to me, a little creepy, huh?
The keys were a familiar trick. What is it with keys anyway? I've always been very aware of where I put them, same place every time so when they go missing it's too weird. Those and the glasses, annoying little buggers sometimes, but nice too.
But what brought it on home for me was the phantom music. I don't know, that is the one thing that that can either pin down a time period or throw you off completely. Was it contemporary for their time, or were they a fan of the classics? Either way it still gives you a reason to pause.
What/whoever is in your home seems to like you though, and that has got to be comforting.
Thanks BJJ. 😊 ❀
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
Hi Devious. We really do have a good bit of activity out here. Mostly quiet mischief which we don't mind. Keeps things interesting. I had my arachnophobia sort of under control, until Ichi got bitten by a brown recluse. Very sick dog, nice expensive vet trip, me scared of spiders all over again lol.
Koala, thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it. 😊
Elaina, I may check that out, thanks for the link.
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-26)
Hi badjuujuu, I really enjoyed your story and its great to do a journal of what happens in the home, I found it interesting not at all boring and I love your pets names. Cheers di, πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Granny - I KNOW you have a journal. I know you also don't keep good records πŸ˜†. That's why I nag at you. But I also do it I just plain like griping at you about it πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
LOL Miracles!...It's not that I don't HAVE one, I'm just negligent in the entries department! πŸ˜†...

*sigh*...nag, nag, nag...

πŸ˜† ❀
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Hi BJJ! Thanks for sharing all of this. First of all, I have to say I love your menagerie of animals, haha! I think I'm going to be the same way when I have my own place.

It sounds like you have a crud-ton of activity going on around there. I think there's some kind of playful spirit hanging around who is absolutely fascinated with your phone. At least it has been helpful in finding things for you (even if it's because it has hid them) and revealing your creepy-crawly. See, I would have saved you because I'm not scared of spiders. πŸ˜† Even if I'm afraid one will bite me, I'll usually take the time to put it in a cup or something so I can take it outside. I HATE killing spiders... It makes me feel like a bad person, lol. God forbid I ever get an infestation of roaches...

Anyway, good luck! Keep us posted!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
See, y'all. There's a reason I keep harping on you to keep a Journal. You got it straight from BadJuuJuu. Cosmogal, Granny, Darkness and everyone else... πŸ˜†
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Yeah ok lol. I might've started the journal to make you stop wagging your finger at me, but I'm genuinely glad you nagged me into keeping it lol. Alot of stuff I would have forgotten about without writing it down.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
BadJuuJuu - admit it. I nagged you until you finally gave in just to shut me up πŸ˜† ❀
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Good morning everyone and thanks for the comments! 😊
Kim, sounds like you and me would get along great on spider issues, we could run screaming in tandem. I can handle most anything, as long as it doesn't have 8 legs.
Gothgirl (cute name btw) you may just have the evil twin lol. Ours usually puts our stuff where we can find it. Eventually. We are still looking for some receipts that walked off.
Frawin, thanks! Glad you enjoyed the read. ❀
Taz, I try to thank them. They have helped me out several times.
Miracles, it's weird how our stuff coincides. Cool though.
Shamby, thank you! The journal has been helpful, I'm glad Miracles talked me into keeping one. I guess it wasn't too boring a winter lol.
Dan, winters here are usually pretty quiet, and summers are active. With this winter having been so active, I'm not sure what to expect over the summer. Whether it will be quiet, or rowdier than usual. Guess we'll know soon either way. Probably end up with a few more journal entries by the end of summer, so it's good yall like reading my stories. πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
DARKNESS - darn, mate, it's about time! πŸ˜† How long we been friends? We've been waiting forever for you to tell some of your stories! And, yes, start keeping a journal. This goes for cosmogal and granny too πŸ˜†. Yeah, I know, promises, promises.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-25)
Awesome accounts BJJ there is never a dull moment for you is there lol 😁. Hows your summers treat you then, want to swap seasons? Its stinking hot down here lol! I think I wouldve freaked a little regarding the phone shinanigans I don't really like Gollum, I think they may be fascinated with technology, it is something new to them perhaps?
What is your overall feeling regarding the events? They do seem to be looking out for you but do you ever feel negativity from them at all?
Im with Cosmo regarding getting a journal, think its nearly time I should share some of my experiences with you all. Love reading your experiences BJJ keep em coming.

Thanks for sharing again.😊

Dan
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
BadJuuJuu I always love your stories, like the Haunted Gas Station story is one of my favorites ever. And your winter was defiantly not boring! That's a really good idea keeping a paranormal 'stuff' journal.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Okay, BadJuuJuu - I've checked my Journal and here are the dates that coincide, or are close, to yours: 10/28, 11/08, 11/22 and 1/15. Now I really can't be sure of anything from January 25 through February 17 because I've been either using the DVR I bought or listening to it, so I haven't been paying much attention to anything but that lately. We need to compare again in a few months and see what it's like then.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
great post thanks for keeping that journal there is so much going on with you its gripping can't wait for the next post.
Will just say though don't forget to say thanks when you get the help, I know it will be accepted and who knows what they might find for you (next weeks lotto numbers?)
Seriously though you should thank them for it, but ask them to leave the phone tones alone that's just freaky
FRAWIN (24 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I enjoyed your story very much, thanks for sharing with us. What I liked about it is the fact that it's 100% believable- you don't have to second guess, just sit back and enjoy it.
gothgirl (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
could you maby pass that ghost to me, I'm always losing all my stuff and when I have to look for it I can never find it... Maby I got your ghost's evil twin in my house
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I wanted to say that I loved your story. I love the way you shared your occurances, and I want to give a kudos to both you and Miracles. I have had so much happen that is considered out of the ordinary in my life time (my stories-some of them are on this site) but I never thought of journaling them.

As far as the whole spider on the shoulder, well... Send who ever or what ever warned you about that my way. Spiders are a worse fear to me than ANYTHING else!

I look forward to hearing more from you. Please check out some of my accounts,
God Bless!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Lol Granny, I would've never thought of a collaboration story, but it might be a cool thing to do. And what is up with husbands and cell phones? And ghosts and cell phones for that matter lol.
Cosmo, the weather may have had a lot to do with things. We've had some random warm spells, followed by snow, followed by another warm spell, then more snow. Crazy winter. I've also wondered if it's from having so many cats running around, their mischievous energy making the pad crashers more mischievous lol. I really think that what energy is put in to an environment has a lot to do with what activity goes on. Between ferret mischief and cat mischief, our house is full of mischievous energy. Or, maybe, in their own way our ghosts are keeping us company and trying to help us deal with stress by giving us other things to think about. Showing us the lighter side of the paranormal.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I really have to get my butt to the store and buy me a journal. Miracles, you would be disappointed in me too, and I have had so many weird dreams lately that I could have / should have written down but I'm just too lazy. LOL! BadJuuJuu I have to agree with Miracles if Gollum's... Myyy precioussss ever came out of my phone I would fling the thing right out the window. That is awesome how your little pad crashers found Brad's old phone for you, when you forgot. Do you think that the influx of activity this winter could have been due to the crazy weather? Just a thought. 😊 ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
BadJuuJuu: I can relate to you hearing Brad's phone... In the other house, I distinctly heard my husband's phone... His ringtone is the begining of Ozzy's "Crazy Train", so pretty hard to mistake for anything else... I checked Brandon's room, his radio was on (he listens to extreme music), but it wasn't playing "Crazy Train"...A few minutes later, my husband came home, and I told him somebody just called him, and chastised him for forgetting his phone, again!...He pulled his phone out of his pocket and said "What the hell are you talking about?" πŸ˜†...

And for some reason that song "Anything you can do, I can do better" comes to mind! πŸ˜† ❀...Like your ghosties are competing... You guys should compare notes and submit a collaborative story...

Good job on the journal! (Sorry Miracles, you'd be sorely disappointed in me! LOL)...Keep it up, and looking forward to summer, probably moreso than you, I suspect...
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
It sounded more like ballroom style music. Big band type stuff. The old style music has played for years. Sometimes coming from the infamous kitchen, sometimes bathroom, sometimes bedroom. You know you've lived in a haunted house too long when you start to enjoy hearing things like that. 😐 πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
BadJuuJuu - LOL! Yay! I like that, anything Miracles' ghosts can do, we can do! Now I'm singing it πŸ˜†.

Does kind of make you wonder about summer, huh? 😐

Your old fashioned music wasn't saloon music, by any chance was it?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Lol you know, I kind of think my housemates were showing off by finding the phone. It happened so soon after your earring, and I remember thinking, man I wish our housemates would find lost stuff. I guess our's were doing their version of anything Miracles' ghosts can do, we can do!
It's been such an odd winter here. Normally our house is quiet and doesn't do much when it's cold. For whatever reason, it stayed active. I wonder what summer, when our house is usually acting up, is going to be like lol.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
BadJuuJuu - okay, I know I told you I'd pretend I didn't know about any of these πŸ˜† and I can somewhat keep that promise, but I have to comment on the phone one.

I love that one. Absolutely love the fact that your ghosts were saving your behind! They knew Brad asked you to look for the phone and they knew you'd forgotten. They covered your a**. (whispering...Can we mention the odd/ironic "coincidence" here?)

Also, okay, "my Precious" just creeps me out no matter what LOL.

The music is interesting, considering I hear that too. You know I could go on and on and on here LOL but I'm trying to hurry and not get caught.

I love that you are keeping your Journal, btw, and that you keep track of Brad's stuff and the furries. (Thanks for mentioning thatπŸ˜‰)

I think your house has more activity than mine πŸ˜†. I'm going to compare the dates and see how close they are. I'll let you know what I find out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: