You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Demon Or Angery Lost Soul?

Real Ghost Stories

The Demon Or Angery Lost Soul?

 

I'm a 23 year old lad from Northumberland in the UK and I'm an ex-Army man so I don't really get freaked out. However I saw a ghost in my girlfriends parents' house just sitting there looking at me one night but it wasn't a scary feeling it was a warm feeling. This story is stranger then this it involves me, my girlfriend and my next door neighbours.

Me and my girlfriend have got our own house now and I believe it to be hunted I've heard something running down the hall. I get the feeling that something is watching me all the time. Last week my girlfriend went back to the Army barracks to sign some papers and that week she was gone things got freaky.

I fell asleep on the sofa and around 3.15am-3.35am I woke up for some reason. As I woke up I saw someone with a ponytail standing over me just looking at me. My first reaction was "who the f**k are you". I thought that someone had broken into my house but then it turned and started to walk towards the kitchen. I tried to move but I couldn't. My eyes were getting heavier and heavier and the feeling I got was if I close my eyes I'm not going to wake up again and will properly die. Then as I was fighting with myself to sit up out of the corner of my eye a man/women with a ponytail started walking back it then felt like they hit me with a piece of fresh cold piece of meat in my face. I felt it wrap around my face. It's weird I know! Then for some reason after I felt I had the power to jump up but as I turned around they was gone.

Was I just dreaming it or what?

Since then my next door neighbours are starting to experiencing things now like heavy breathing on the baby monitor when no one is up stairs and doors opening on their own.

Are we being hunting by the same ghost or does mine just hate me?

Can you help me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, quink987, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

quink987 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
hey guys thanks for all the support over the last 2 weeks I have only had one more inccident it was night time and me and my GirlFriend was in bed and I rolled over and saw this fuzzy white light come from the ground and going up my wall I put my head under the blanket and then maybe 10-15 sec's later I looked up and this fuzzy white light was on my seeling above my bed and was getting bigger so I jumped out of my bed and turned the light on and it disappeared but since then noughing has happened and this happened a week ago so I don't know if its moved on or what? Do you guys know anymore it would mean a lot to me?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Sleep paralysis would be my first guess except for the fact that your neighbors are also having experiences. It didn't start until 6 mos after you'd moved in so I'm wondering if either you or your neighbors have done any renovations to the place, as these are the types of activities that can bring on paranormal episodes. They seem to wake something that has lain dormant and the instances begin to increase in number and ferocity as the work progresses. If this is the case then at least that can be nailed down as the cause. Finding out more history on the struture could also bring a light on it too. Let us know if any of this rings a bell.
Thanks for sharing.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Regardless of the nature of the paranormal occurance you had and that your neighbors are having, you need to worry about how you feel and what you would like to have happen. Does this frighten you? I know when these things occur they scare the be*&%&us out of me so I want them GONE!

Tell them/it to leave in the name of the Lord. Place a cross in each room of your home, tell it/them to go to the light. If they can not or will not go to the light, let them know they are not welcome there, that this is now your living space.

If you do not believe in this, I would suggest you seek some spiritual guidance. It may not seem like much now, but if they/it have an attachment to the place you live, it could become more involved. They/it may feel that the place is still theirs.

Keeo us posted,
God Bless!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Thanks for sharing your experience, and I wanted to add that I appreciate your service. (Is/was your girl in the Army too? If so, thanks to her as well.)

I think it's possible that there is some paranormal activity going on there. You described anxious feelings, strange sounds, and visual appiritions. Some of it could be put off to environmental factors perhaps, but the one that stands out the most is the visual appearances. The ponytailed person you saw when you woke up, that could have been one of two things. Firstly, it could have been a hynpagogic hallucination enduced by sleep paralysis. These are hallucinations both audial and visual that occur due to irregular sleep patterns, insomnia, stress, and health issues. It might not be a bad idea to see the VA about it if it happens again, because it could be a medical problem.

It also could have been a spiritual encounter. It's hard to discredit all sleep paralysis apparitions as hallucinations because it happens so frequently. I think sometimes spirits use the opportunity to manifest themselves while you're paralyzed and in a state of panic. The best thing to do when you experience SP is to stay calm, relax yourself as much as you can and focus on making small movements like turning your body, wiggling your toes, anything like that. All SP is is your mind waking up before your body does. Your body remains paralyzed in your sleep so that it can't hurt itself. If your consciousness awakens before your brain can send the signal to your body to release the sleep-paralysis, you will experience an SP episode.

Best of luck, and let us know if things progress.
markj7 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
You could just now start having expereinces now instaed of when you first moved in. We have activity in our house only certain times of the year. Keep a journal on the activity with dates and details and look for a pattern. Keep us posted and good luck.
maneater12 (15 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
sleep paralysis what you have is definently incubis demon or pissed of spiet
genji123 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
that happened to me when I was in bed I woke up then I saw a woman I tried to move but I couldnt! After that I fell asleep like my mind has its own mind and boom I woke up I was in the same place I saw a hair and some reson I felt something cold but yah I know your going through! 😐
quink987 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
thanks for the comments they are really helpful, juju92 I did see that person with the ponytail but it didn't really have a face, but the thing is all this has only started in the last month or so, I have lived in this house for 6 months,

Where I live is in a colliery street so I'm starting to think that it could be an old minner or something.
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
First of all, I think you are a very sensitive person, that is why you saw a ghost at your girlfriend parents house.

I personally think your apartmentis haunted, I don't think they are demons, but definately unfriendly evil ghosts. Do you want to find some ways to get rid of them so that you can have some peace. I don't like the fact that I have to share my space with the dead people since I am the one pay the rent, they belong to somewhere else at first place. If I were you, I will get rid of them. Learning the history of the place can also help you figure out what is going on.
juju92 (2 stories) (41 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
hey that's interesting. But I have to ask you do actually saw them clearly like a normal human being? Or not? I believe they ghostes and you should do some researches on your house. Just to find out if anyone died there. Or killed. And you should ignore them don't freak out when you see them cause that makes them powerful and I'm telling you if they get powerful they can even move things and touch things too. Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: