You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My War Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

My War Visitor

 

To understand this experience properly I have to tell you how the top floor of my house was. We had a curved staircase and at the top we had a gallery landing. The first room you came to was the bathroom, then my parent's room, and then at the end of the landing was my bedroom.

So that's what it looked like. I was in bed one night and my bedroom door was wide open. If I put my head on the right side I could see all down the hallway. I fell asleep for about an hour but then the film finished what was on my TV so I just laid there.

I looked down the hallway and it was completely dark. I put another film on and settled back into bed, but out of the corner of my eye I could see this white thing coming down my hallway. I looked and it was an old man in a 1914's World War I military uniform.

He was nearly see through and was just off the floor by a couple of inches. I was more shocked and then the fear sunk in, I was just lying in bed watching this figure kind of float towards me, I was used to seeing men in army uniforms as my dad was and still is in the Army.

But this wasn't the same uniform, as I said it was something the soldiers wore in WWI. I just froze; being 6 I just cried and hid under my cover I crawled to the end of my bed and turned my TV on louder.

I got back to the other end and peeked out from under my duvet and he was still there but hadn't quite reached my room yet, after a few seconds he was about to step over the threshold to my room, but as he did he disappeared.

To this day I have never forgot exactly how he looked, none of my friends believed me but my mum did. And I've finally found some where I can share this story.

I am 15 now so this was nearly ten years ago and I remember every little detail of that night.

I have many more stories to share but it depends on the feedback I get back from this, please comment and thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by Amibear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amibear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
well, I agree with AngleFace, anything which may not be understood to its fullest, (in this case was my encouter... My personal encounter... Not yours) is classed as the unexplained... Because there isn't a possible explanation for it, and I wish to no longer carry on the discussion about the uniforms.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
AngelFace - it has nothing to do with "unexplained" things. Shadowpeople, poltergeists, why some people see appiritions and others don't, whether or not aliens exist--those things are unexplained. Details about an encounter are not unexplained; they are omitted or forgotten. Just wanted to clarify.
Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Well, haha AngelFace that's kind of a bit and I see where your coming from but at the end of the day it was years ago and I remember more important things than where I got the resemblance from, I mean I was six I could've got it from anywhere:')
AngelFace2011 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
DeviousAngel- I'm sorry but I might be wrong, isn't all the paranormal stuff called the unexplained? Maybe that's why she doesn't have an answer. I mean this was some time ago:/ just saying.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
Sorry, I suppose my comment was a bit late, so some feelings may have changed since... I guess I got a little defensive because we do have such a family community here, and since there have been so many fictional stories posted on here as of late, it's hard to decide which ones are and aren't. It's also unfortunate for the users on here that we tend to approach every story with a level of pre-determined skepticism because of the misgivings we have due to other posters. However, I think providing as many details and facts as possible helps people to understand where you're coming from. I don't think the author has to PROVE to anyone that her experience was real, but we do expect anyone who posts to answer our questions so that we can try and help or understand them.

Maybe I'm talking to a wall here...😆 and that's ok, I just wanted the author to know that I'm not launching an all-out personal attack against her. Her abrasive attitude toward me from the start made me doubt her, and nothing she's said so far has helped matters any, so that's why I've been such a b-word. LOL
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
Devious,
Don't worry about me girlfriend, I stepped out of this convesation a week ago. And for the record Amibear, I stuck up for you because I thought you were trying to answer as best you could. But don't think that I won't come after you too.
Just sayin'. 🤔
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
Whereas I respect everyone here's opinions about not bullying people, her age has no bearing on her truthfulness. I'm all for sticking up for the little guy but she has continually ignored the questions asked of her and immediately took offense to skepticism, so whereas I think SMOKEY overstepped HIS bounds in how rude he was to Javelina at the time... I do think he has a point. I don't think it's bullying to try and get someone to tell the truth about something or to clarify their perspective so others understand it. The world is a cold and analytical place at times, and she has to prepare herself for that, so feeling sorry for her is only crippling her ability to learn for the future.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
Amibear, you're dancing around the subject of his questions. I don't think he's out to attack you anymore. I think he's just trying to sort it out by getting answers, which you have blatantly ignored.
Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
You are one of many people who will see this story, its natural for some to not believe this but its up to them, others will believe it. Everyone does have their own opinion and if this is yours then I can't change that. But it doesn't mean that you should try to pursuade everyone else away from their origional opinion. I don't mean this as being big headed I am simply sticking up for my opinion and my experience and anyone else who wants to believe it.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-14)
I don't know who DarkKnight is, but I'm going to assume by the way you responded that it was directed toward me. I'm not Batman. If my question would be answered, I wouldn't have to keep posting and asking. I already said when I get the answer to that question that I have nothing else to contribute. So since you don't want to answer, I am left to my final conclusion: this is terrible fiction. I've already seen proof that you don't know what you're talking about. You have avoided my simplest question from the beginning, regardless of how I posed it to you. So if you're getting frustrated, I can venture a guess as to why and say it's because you know I'm not buying this for a second and I never have. The other side of that is you know I am showing the rest of this community that I won't let the wool be pulled over my eyes or theirs for that matter. So this is the last time I'm going to bother with this thread because everyone can see it's not real. If anyone wants the proof that this is not real, my e-mail is open to ask me.
Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
Well, I'm sorry DarkKnight- I have nothing more to say to you all I want is for people to enjoy reading my experience and they can't do that when your always commenting I'm sure it isn't just me getting frustrated with you
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
Amibear, the question I have been asking has been "what was the comparison between the WWI uniform and your father's modern military uniform, since you said 'I noticed some details off the uniform and kind of compared them to my dads old uniforms'?"

I really have nothing else to contribute after that question is answered, I think most people know where I stand.

The on post housing I was talking about usually is in close proximity to training areas since Joes have to travel to get to formation. Some military installations in the US are still standing since WWI (most are not rennovated so they are run down as heck and not able to be lived in). So that's my educated guess on that situation.
Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
(sorry for the same posts my computer messed up and told me it couldn't post the first one so I did another one and it did post the first one:) sorry)
Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
DARKNESS= I don't think my dad had anything from the word war one period but my nanna and grandad might, well, my dad had and still has a case of medals both for him and passed down through the family (we were quite and Army family:)) and I don't think the man knew I was there, but I guess I will never know.

SmokeyKnight= I may have lived on a posting thing or what ever you was on about:) if it related to the WWI then that might be the case, but when we used to take our dog Lucy for walks, being a Greyhound she needed space to run and we used to take her on a field where they did training for the wars and stuff I dunno, and there was this khaki (is that right?) sheet thing where they had to crawl under and the tent stuff, and they used to always have paintball bullet things there what they used:) so there was always squaddies training. So I'm not entirely sure.:) hope this helped x
Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
DARKNESS= I don't know if the man thought I was there but it just freaked me out, I was mostly under the covers peeking through a little space so maybe or maybe not if that helps:/ Also my dad doesn't have this but my grandparents did which were passed down, we were a bit of an Army family:)

SmokeyKnight= I think I may have lived in a posting thing or what ever you said, but on it was like training courses and the mess hall and stuff so I'm a bit confused. If it may link back to WWI then maybe that is where I lived:) but all I'm saying is when we used to take my dogs for walks on the barraks place there was always like the khaki (if I have spelt that right) tent things for training and stuff:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
Aaw shucks Granny,
We're cool. No worries here, we have too much respect for each other and the site to fire up the flame throwers over a story.
😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
HHMMMMM...See?...This is what happens when strong personalities have opposing views... Thank you both for removing the conversation from the thread... Very adult-like...Since I have a lot of respect for both of you, I really hope things get ironed out between you, and you come to an understanding, and mutual respect...

Amibear: When you submit a story, you should expect questions and some skepticism... Maybe when you comment or reply to comments, you should throw in "in my opinion", or something like, "the kids in the neighborhood said" (in reference to the 'soldier's burial ground')...It might not stop all the inquiries, but it won't add fuel to the fire... ❤
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Work computer doesn't seem to want to let me send out an e-mail, I may have to compose it again when I get home.

Darkness, good questions. Interesting thought (s).
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Javelina and SmokeyKnight I'm glad you guys have agreed to settle this out of court there is quite a few people on this site that should follow those foot steps.😊

Amibear just a quick question I have not read all the other comments, so sorry if I repeat something you have already answered. Did this man ever acknowledge your presence at anytime? Also does your father have any old war possesions from around that era?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
SmokeyKnight,
My email is on my profile. If you want to talk, fine.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Javelina, if you'll have it I'd like to e-mail you to discuss this rather than continue on here.

My other questions still stand.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Well SmokeyKnight,
If you read my comment again:
"It went from debate to something else, and to tell you the truth looks like it is starting to get to the bullying stage."
STARTING is the defining word there. If you saw yourself in that statement then so be it. It's just that the person who wrote this story is a kid, and though I don't believe that makes her story untouchable, I do see that she's admitted mistakes and tried to make it right. You don't have to accept that, but keeping up with a barrage of questions looks like you are 'beating a dead horse'.
Hopefully she's learned from this and will try to be more specific in the future.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
SmokeyKnight - wow, here I am jumping right in the middle of this one 😆. I guess I don't understand why you aren't letting it go after you said "I'm going to leave this alone after this comment because it's become nothing more than a flame war of sorts."

Amibear is a 15-year-old girl. Almost everyone has questioned her story, myself included. But she's not on trial here. Please, let this one go. She's a kid and all this is doing is discouraging her, and others, from wanting to submit stories. If you don't believe her story, that's your perogative. But there is no sense in constantly challenging her about it.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Obviously you have forgotten your place, since you seem to think that comment was me being a "bully". I figured you wouldn't e-mail me to hash it out. In any case, it doesn't change the fact if asking questions is bullying, then you people are all messed up. You didn't let anything go, you took my asking questions as me being a bully. So you've over stepped your boundaries and need to remember you're not a moderator last I checked, you're not admin, so remember your place.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
SmokeyKnight,
All your other comments aside (yes, exeryone who knows me, I'm letting this one go), you do look like you're beating a dead horse here. Nobody wants another flame war here, least of all me, so we've all let it go. Not out of pity, we just see how fruitless it has become.
And just so I don't disappoint anyone too much...
I need to learn my place here? You ARE new aren't you?
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Javelina, I know you're not talking about me. I can point out that my last comment was asking questions, not putting anyone on blast. I'm trying to clarify things because it doesn't make sense. If that's me being a bully, then I'm the biggest bully ever. But since I KNOW that wasn't being a bully by ASKING QUESTIONS, I'd suggest you check yourself. Since everyone BUT me has been playing the "oh, you're such a great person for admitting you were wrong" game and I started up with more questions and wouldn't give in to the pity party, I know you THINK you were talking to me. Call me a jerk or whatever, and I may be over stepping my boundaries as another poster, but you need to learn your place on this site. If you disagree with a comment or story you can say so but when someone grills someone for a series of comments that made no sense let it be. If it makes sense to you, great. The questions still show a lack of understanding. I have nothing against Amibear personally. I had issues with the story that I am still fighting to understand. I don't care who you are, if you don't understand and you ask for clarification on something you shouldn't be attacked for it. So we can hash this out all you want via e-mail so that censorship doesn't get in the way or you can step back and realize you're out of line. Be my guest either way.

Amibear, so you were living in an open squad bay? I'm trying to understand the layout of this setup you described (being a barracks) in relation to the description you initially gave in the story. What I'm thinking is that it was more of the on post housing units, which are similar to appartment complexes. If that's the case, then things would make a little more sense. And I would bet that housing complex had been there since around WWI which would explain some of the "inconsistancies" of the story.

I'd also like to ask yet again about what the comparision was between a WWI uniform and the "modern" uniform would be, I don't see it. You said you compared the memories of this WWI outfit to your father's uniforms ("I noticed some details off the uniform and kind of COMPARED THEM TO MY DADS OLD UNIFORMS").

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse so to speak, but I'd like to know this information so I can assess this from a military perspective as well as someone who has had paranormal experiences as well.
Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
Thankyou guys:') just thought I'd pop in then before I go to sleep and these comments have really ended my day on a high, I did post a story about my mums great uncle on the HMS Dreadnought but for some reason they haven't uploaded it yet or sent me an email:/ anyway thankyou again so much... I'm pretty sure I lived on a barracks, there was always army squaddies about in their uniform but there were other army families living there and we had to have special passes to get in and out of the camp.:) Thanks again guys xxx ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
well said javelina and amibear you keep postin your stories ok 😁
aya22 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
Amibear, I don't know if you still read this, but I'm glad that you were never discouraged from posting your second story. For a fifteen year old, you handled criticism pretty well and were able to admit when you got frustrated over it. Really, not bad. 😉 Anyway, we're not here on this website to prove to everyone whether or not our experience was real. I've always viewed this site kind of as a refuge, where perhaps I CAN feel comfortable to share a strange experience with other people without having to be rebuked or feel crazy for it. I completely understand the reasoning behind trying to keep a rational mind, but I also know the importance of keeping an open mind. Isn't that what this site is all about? 😉
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
Hey Amibear,

I much enjoyed reading your sharing and I had to stop going through the comments which it recieved. What you saw is what you saw and is, like you said, something, an image, which will stay with you as long as you live. I believe you, thanks for sharing.

Greetings,
Peter

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: