You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather

 

I just turned 19 when we heard that back home in India my grandfather had passed away. His death was unexpected, he was healthy even at 71 and did a lot of household chores by himself. My grandma had nothing to complain about. I was shattered, I loved him very much and he was my mentor and idol. Dad was already with grandpa, when he passed away and with the news, my mom, brother and I packed our bags and caught the first available flight out. When we reached home, it felt like another place in another life time. It was cold and drab, nothing like the house I had spent so many holidays in. We proceeded with the funeral, after which a lot of people came home.

I was with my aunt, mom and grieving grandma, when suddenly I had this overwhelming urge to turn around. When I did, there in the corner of the room stood my grandpa wearing his favorite clothes. I don't remember what I felt at that time. I know that I froze, but when he smiled, I began to relax. "I'm alright sweetheart" are the last words I heard from grandpa as he stood there and continued smiling. Tears welled up in the eyes, out of relief or being overwhelmed, I don't know but as I turned to wipe my tears and looked back again, grandpa was gone!

I can still hear his words when I think of that day, his words of life - after his death!

Other hauntings by miiish

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

abdulnafees (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-09)
Sorry, you can actually meet the person whom you love or who loves you the most and after his/her death the person comes to you for the last words
Ashley Marie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-02)
I wish that I could have gotten a message from my grandfather or someone I loved when they passed. I bet it was not only a crazy feeling but a relieving feeling as well. Its not so scary when it's someone you love soo much. I'm sorry about your loss...
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-21)
Thank U Core, Ratter and Pat for your comments !
Cheers
CenterCore (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
I'm sorry for your loss. But it's comforting when relatives come back to tell us these things. Also NO, I don't think you were hallucinating. I believe you. Well, feel free to check out some more of my stories of you want. Peace.

- Core
Ratterrier68 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-21)
Sorry about your grandfather, ...i don't think you were holusinating I really think it was your grandpa just telling you it was ok and he is all right, I think it's a real sweet story, and that he is always there for you. :)
Patrick (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-19)
Well you think of a lot of things wen sombody dies. You could have been holusinating.


p.s. sorry about your grandpa

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: