You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Butterflies

Real Ghost Stories

Butterflies

 

My name is Raum Derossa, and I was told to get suggestions about my hallucinations by Jack Faust, a member of the therapy group I recently joined due to some recent problems arising from being stressed out. I am hoping to get some answers as to what exactly I am seeing and what they mean.

As far back as I can remember I have been able to see little black butterflies, sometimes they are just fluttering around and other times they are just resting on people and things. Those who have the butterflies on them don't seem to notice they are there or that they even exist.

When I was little I told my mother and she just dismissed it as an overactive imagination and told me I was being a silly girl. As I grew older I stopped talking about them and tried to ignore them. My grandmother was recently diagnosed with cancer and when I visit her, there seemed to be at least three or four of them on her!

I am concerned because it seems that the numbers of them are increasing and her condition is worsening. I have tried to remove them and swat them away but all they do is fade away and appear somewhere else, like it had been there all along.

Is there anyway to remove these things?

What do they want?

Why are they attached to my grandmother?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Unified_Flames, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-04)
I remember reading another story on here about shadow like butterflies, so you aren't the first to mention such a thing. However, I didn't put it in my favorites so I can't give a link to it.
ghostchaser489 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Interesting story! As the other two comments have said, it could be in your head and have nothing to do with your grandmother's illness. However, I believe that perhaps butterflies are on your totem, or could be a spirit guide of yours. Obviously the butterflies landed on plants and just in random places might not mean anything at all--but, the butterflies on people could be representing some sort of illness they may or not be aware of. So many of them around your ill grandmother would support that idea, anyway. I find it fascinating.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Elephante81 has a good point. See a doctor first, starting with an eye doctor. Always look for the obvious/non-paranormal explanation first. If that doesn't yield answers, think about the butterfly incidences you've experienced. Were there any common factors? What was going on with you at the time? What was health/situation of people the butterflies landed on? If you see no obvious patterns, just continue to observe and take notes about what is going on when these incidences happen. While remaining an impartial observer, also ask within. We have all the answers within; it's a matter of learning to hear. Regardless, it doesn't sound dangerous, just interesting.
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
This could be something completely mental. Because of your relationship to your grandmother and because she is sick your subconscious could be creating these. I doubt they have anything to do with her actual sickness. I have a friend that told me when she was younger she used to see visions of clowns and had even seen a baby crawl across a road she was driving on... As scary as these seem, they were nothing but hallucinations and nothing paranormal. She got treated and they went away. You're on the right track with therapy... But I would go to a doctor to see why you're experiencing this.
If the doctor can't explain anything, only then would I consider it a paranormal encounter.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: