You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Shadow Figures, A Girl And The Captain Of The House

Real Ghost Stories

Black Shadow Figures, A Girl And The Captain Of The House

 

I was around the age of five the first time I saw something ghostly. The house my family & I lived in was in Cartersville, Ga. It always scared me. My older sister & I shared a bedroom. We had bunk beds that kind of made an L shape. They were diagonal from our door. Mine was the top bed and hers stuck out.

I remember one night, while everyone was in bed; I was lying there scared like every other night. Out of no where several shadow figures appeared in front of my bedroom door. They were spread out walking so slowly towards my bed. It seemed like they were walking forever. I was so terrified. I wanted to scream for my mom, but I couldn't. I thought to myself maybe if I close my eyes they'll go away.

I closed them and when I opened them there was a girl standing on my sister's bed looking over me with a bright light in my face and she was smiling. I closed my eyes and when I opened them back up she was gone, but the shadow figures were still there. They got closer and closer and then I could feel them climbing onto my bed and touching me. My sister rolled over and I thought maybe if I rolled over they would go away. I did and they were gone.

About a year later my parents moved us out of that room to another room down the hall. One night while our parents were tucking us in, I looked right up above me to the ceiling and I noticed my shadow was "upside down". The head of the shadow was above my feet. I was amazed.

I told my dad, "Daddy look! My shadows upside down!" He looked up with a confused look on his face like he didn't know what I was talking about and said "yeaahh". To this day I still don't know if he saw what I was seeing. I looked at it all night until I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning before anyone else. The upside down shadow was still there. I got down from my bunk bed and got a couple of books and climbed back up there.

While I was looking at the books I heard a knock on the ceiling. I looked up & the shadow was knocking. I froze. Then in a scary witch like voice, it said, "I'm the captain of this house!" I don't know what that meant, but I do know it scared me more than the shadow figures. I laid there frozen and scared. I some how fell asleep and when I woke up the shadow was gone and everyone was awake.

I've always told my parents these stories but I don't think they believe me. They say I was dreaming. I know I wasn't. When I think about it I can still feel the shadows touching me, I still see that girls smiling face and I can still hear the upside down shadow screaming at me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Odessa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shanabanana07 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-05)
Odessa, I lived in Cartersville too when I was a kid. I had almost the same identical experience. I shared a room w/my older step sister too, and we both saw a demonic looking spirit. I wonder if we lived in the same house. This was 25 or so years ago when I was around 9 or 10. When I read this, it was too scary for me. I have been traumatized ever since this happened to me. It's something I'll never forget. We lived on Grassdale Rd... I don't live in Georgia anymore. Plz respond to this
Shadead (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
Odessa,

The upside down shadow was interesting to me bit weird for it to be coming down through the roof unless it spent time there or similiar. But your story is interesting would be good to get some documented occourances on a digital recorder or a videocamera.

Regards,
~Shadead
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-06)
Sounds scary! It actually sounds demonic to me. I mean, what else could make your shadow appear upside down? Basically the entity would've believed that it was controlling the house, not anyone else, like a captain. That's what I think anyway.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
PyroGirl (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
Wow, this is, like, MAJOR deja-vu. Am I alone on this?
Hmmm... I don't have an explanation for the shadow figures, but maybe the girl was a guardian angel from the person who lived there last? The upside-down shadow could've been a witch or simply an angry spirit.
As a child, I had some strange happening too. I know they were real, but does anyone believe me? I'll give you three guesses.
I hope this helps.
With all due respect,
PyroGirl
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
[at] Petersspirit You lucky that your parent Open mind to paranormal my don't wish they do.

[at] Odessa Sound scary I do remember what I going through when I have my own Bunk bed too I didn't feeling anything when I fell from the top.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Hello Odessa,

Feeling scared at night as a kid does have me think back on moments like such when I was little. A presence was clearly felt back then, but never anyone around. My parents, how ever, were always open to the super natural and we could talk about it with them.
Thank you for your sharing here!

Greetings,
Peter
shadow_witch (65 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
The strangest things happen to kids don't they? The most bizarre (yet believable) stories seem to come from people's childhood. I love reading those kind of stories. I wish I had an explanation to offer you, but unfortunately, I don't. Maybe the house had once been owned by a sea captain? That wouldn't explain the upside down shadow though. Is your father still living? If he is, you should ask him about the shadow. There are things I wish I'd asked my step-father before he passed on. Now I'll never know. 😢

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: