You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Nice Boy and the Bad Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Nice Boy and the Bad Man

 

I moved into a house in Harker Heights, when I first saw it, I loved all the mirrors that it had, even on the ceiling. When I first moved in, I didn't have any problems. It all started about three months after that. At this time, my son was only a year old. It started with this weird feeling like I was being watched. Then I started to hear what sounded like foot steps going from my kitchen tile floor to the carpet in my bed room. I would get up and nothing would be there and it was just me and my son at the house.

About a month after I first heard that, I was laying in my bed and it felt like someone got in the bed with me. I sat up and turned on the lights, nothing was there, well visible any ways. I thought I must have been dreaming and went back to bed. A few hours later I felt it curl up with me. It didn't give me a bad feeling like it was evil. At first I thought it could have been my dog Sheba that had passed a few years before that because it was curled up right behind my knees and she would do that. This would happen one or two times a week or anytime that it would storm. This continued for about six months.

After that, something else came, it was dark and gave me chills all over. I would walk into a room and it would get so cold. I could hear loud steps through the house. Then my son would start to cry and I would go in his room and he would be staring at the ceiling or would cover his head with the blanket and rock. I was on my way into his room one night when I heard what sounded like wings over the monitor and then he screamed so loud, I ran and got him, he looked so scared. After that he would not go into his room at night at all. He also would tell me some days where it was, he would say the mean thing is there and point to it. I could walk where he would tell me and there it would be cold. The doors would open and shut, my keys would disappear almost daily. I had my friend come and stay with me because I was afraid to be there by my self.

It got so bad that it would start to push us or pinch us, even my son. People used to say that I was crazy until I would invite them to my house and show them. The ghost or evil being was not shy, it would act up daily and with any one there. I went through and blessed the house, when I first lit the sage I felt it push me so hard, it almost knocked me down. I went through the whole house and it calmed down for a few days then came back.

After it came back, there was also another spirit there, this was a good spirit, I could go into a cold room and feel a warm breeze past by me. My son told me that it was a boy. I later got a picture of the little boy in the mirror in my room. Also when all of this was going on, my light bill went from $100 to well over $300 per month. I didn't stay there much after that. Also when the boy came, the city was doing construction right behind my house, on what was a wooded area. I think that he may have died there and was drawn to my house after that.

I know that my son still see things and now he is almost three years old and he can tell me more. We went past the old house and out of the blue he asked "is the scary man still in there?". We have been out since that and he will say that he sees people that aren't there or he asked me once if he could go play with the kids at the park but it was completely empty, I asked him what he saw and he described them in good detail to me.

Since then I have read up a lot on ghost and spirits and will not move into anywhere with all of those mirrors again. They are portals for spirits to come through. One thing that I should have done was to get rid of the mirror on my dress or before I moved, but I didn't know that then, sometime I will hear things but nothing bad has happened.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aman20da, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jeann (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
Good story... I was concerned since I got a kid as well... I hope my kid does not get to see THEM as other children would, or as I can as well.
amanda (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-05)
I will put it on here as soon as I can my scanneer isn't working. When I said that the room would get warmer I don't know if the good spirit would just drive off the bad spirit at that time and that is what would warm up the room it would feel like a break in bad energy then it would disapate. In my sons room was where I felt it the most. I think that the little boy was there protecting my son from the bad spirit or poltergist. I don't know for sure if it is the little boy, but when we moved I have takin pictures in my new house and other places and I have so many pictures with orbs in them. I had herd that orbs are ghostly energy. Also with my light bill I worked from 12-10pm or later so no one was home all day I talked to the light company and tried to do the test where you turn off power then test the meter no ussage while power was off, and I had the company come and check if it was going some where else. Since I have moved I still will go through and bless the house and when my son says that he sees something I pay close attintion, and ask it they are good or bad, and what it makes him feel. Thank you for your comment on my experience have a good day.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-04)
To Rose and Enchantee,
Spirits draw energy from any available source, not just electric but the atmosphere around you. That is why when a spirit is in a room with you the air temperature drops. Spirits and entities are pure energy. They need the energy in order to manifest themselves and make their presence known. Enchantee, most abandoned homes aren't haunted, they just contain the imgainations of those going into them usually because they are doing so illegally. I also agree with you that research should be done on a place before considering it haunted as usually it has a rational explaination for what is going on. But I have done just that kind of research and found someplaces that would leave you speachless.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-04)
Enchantee = Thanks so much for this advice!
I'll do just that, where I am living now.
But, getting back to the energy situation, these spirits absorbs air energy along with home energy. There has been evidence while doing house researches on spirits, it has absorb battery energy and flashlights wouldn't work. Also, I have felt when ghost pass by, they kind of blow out light bulbs when they are turned on. Anyway, what does energy have to do with their existence? Why do they absorbed it? What are their existence made of? I know about catching sight of their existence by plasma figure.
Spirit are intriguing and interesting, but they do have a world of their own wanting to mingles in ours in every form and they have.
Thanks again for the advice.
Take care,
Rose.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-04)
The thing with mirrors goes back along way, almost to the time of its invention as people felt that it wasn't their reflection they were seeing, but their soul. There are also old wives tells of a mirror plane of existence in which everything there is the same as it is here only opposite. So if you are a good person here, your opposite in the mirror existence is evil and vise versa. I too have never heard of a spirit that could warm the air. Spirits require energy to manifest themselves and therefore draw it from the enviroment around you which results in the air feeling colder. I think it would have had to have been a very powerful entity to replace the cold with warmth as the amount of energy it was drawing would have been tremendous, though I suppose this could explain the high energy bill.
I think also if you had done another cleansing ceremony you would have rid your home of those spirits, the stronger ones often require more than once to force them from your home. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Peteys_granny (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-04)
That's an interesting concept you mentioned, Amanda, about mirrors being portals for spirits. I wonder if the custom of covering the mirrors in a household in which a death has occurred is related to this concept. Come to think of it, I don't recall ever seeing any decorative mirrors in funeral homes I've visited.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-02)
Wierd.I'm doing research on my house. I hope I don't have any bad ghosts in my house! Sometimes I hear stuff. Today and a couple weeks ago I smelled this nasty odor! I wander what type of thing could come to that. Sounds like your boy will turn into a great ghost hunter/investigator!^^I agree with Rose. Listen to your son and make very good choices. Good luck!
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
Amanda - You have state something so interesting. You mentioned that after these entities manifestations, your light bill got higher. I wonder, if anyone have observed the same thing in the electricity bill. I had experiences and sometimes wonder why others pay so low in energy and I so high?
I am not hardly at home. I work, my kids are more out than in the house. Have no AC, just the basic appliances. Still I get a high bill. While others do not. Thanks Amanda for this awakening. This is worth investigating.
Your son has the gift of seeing what we can not.
He might or might not loose these gift. Just let him be, but please try not to let him near to unknown entities, which he says are bad. Listen to him, and make wise choises.

Take care
Rose
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-06-01)
Great story amanda, sounds like that bad man was a real nasty ghost. Interesting how bad entities seem to take energy from the environment (it gets cold) while good ones produce it (it gets warmer). I haven't heard of entities producing heat before.

Oh, it's be nice to have that picture you took too.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: