You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Great Grandmother Watching Over Us

Real Ghost Stories

Great Grandmother Watching Over Us

 

This is my first time telling a personal ghost experience, so I hope it's enjoyed. This is not a scary or creepy experience, it sort of made me feel safe, and I will go on to explain how.

A few years ago, I would have been about 14 or so, I woke up from a startling dream. The dream had had an elderly woman repeatedly telling me that I was safe. I woke up, and peered around my room, sure that it had been real. In the corner I could see an outline that appeared human, so I quickly turned on my light, but there was nothing there. I dismissed this as paranoia, and tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. The thing that surprised me most was that it wasn't a creepy feeling; it was more a feeling of being watched over... But it was still new to me, and I still wasn't entirely comfortable with it. So I didn't sleep that night, and I kept the light on.

In the morning my Mum came into my room, and asked why I had had the light on all night. I explained the dream, and the feeling of being watched and Mum said I know what you mean. I asked her, and she then went on to explain.

"When I went travelling with my good friend (this was about 20 years ago) overseas, we were in Ireland, and were camping out under the stars. We had both settled down and were in that period between sleep and awareness, when I sensed a presence standing over me. I half opened my eyes to check it out, and saw an old woman in shawls, saying something quietly under her breath. She smiled and left saying 'you are safe'. I later thought it was a dream, and forgot about it, until my friend told me a few days later that she had had a really weird dream. She explained the exact same thing I had thought was a dream, and we then realised we had had our first experience with a ghost".

I told mum that was the same lady I had seen last night, and we then went and told dad. He told me his theories about it. He thought that it could have been his Grandmother, since yesterday had been the anniversary of her death. I asked mum when she had been travelling through Ireland and she said about this time.

I still get this sense of someone watching me, once a year, on the anniversary of her death - 26th of June.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lucybaby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

lucybaby (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
yeah, I'm lucky that this is a positive thing and not a negative thing. I hate reading the stories of hauntings and demons.
Thanks for the input guys and girls 😊
Love to all ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
DARKNESS! HI!...Hey, read my response to Peter on my story about Leslie's Dad...It's pretty cool!

Lucybaby: I not only believe our loved ones visit us in dreams, I know it!...Thank you for posting! ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
Its nice to know that past loved ones can also visit us where ever we may be in the world, I find this quite interesting. It is quite common for them to appear to us in dream form, I believe this is a way to not frighten us.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
dim100 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
you're lucky for you are carefully watched on... Well, it only tell the remaining mission of your grandma this days,,,,,,...to keep you safe... Thanks for the story... 😊 ❤
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
Oh my, how sweet... I'm sure she takes good care of you... 😊 ❤
If things go the way you don't want to, you may ask God or your Guardian Angel (great grandmother) to protect you from harm. 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
lilady4 that is such a sweet story thank you for posting such a personal touching experiance 😊 😁 ❤
Carl
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Wow. I have a similar experience. My Great-Grandmother watches over me. 😁
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: