You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: First Time Being Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

First Time Being Haunted

 

My first major ghostly experience happened when I was about 13. Before this I have had a few odd things happen here and there, but this was different.

We moved into our house when I was probably about 10 years old. The house felt oddly devoid of feeling, and strangely unwelcoming. I'd never experienced a proper move until then, so I figured all houses felt this way and got on with my life.

A couple years into moving here my family changed. Everyone was always furious, and bad things kept happening to us. We'd been living there for probably 3 years by the time the activity noticeably started.

One night my mom and brother got into one of their usual fights. I could literally feel the tension and anger in the air it was so thick. I'd gone to bed early, mainly because I was tired of their bickering and just wanted to escape it any way possible. I couldn't sleep though, and felt uneasy. I was listening to my radio and staring up at my ceiling. Suddenly the feeling of being watched worsened, and at the same time my radio gradually started turning up until it was deafeningly loud. My small fan was adjusting speeds as well. This didn't bother me, so I just turned it off and fell asleep. The next morning when I told my mother on the way to school she said my oldest brother had experienced something like that too. She suggested that it might be a ghost, so naturally I freaked out.

After that I always felt someone watching me. A couple times I would see the silhouette of a tall man standing by my door, or outside my room in the hall. He looked like someone's shadow, and just stood there. I couldn't sleep at night. I could feel the man watching me, and occasionally I could feel him touching my feet and legs. He'd make terrible sounds, and my bed would shake. It felt like a vibration sort of, but it was strong, and hard to ignore.

One time when I told my cousin about him when she was spending the night, she mocked him. After she did so the light turned on, and she didn't bad mouth him again after that.

Eventually I had to sleep out in the living room on the couch. My dog sleeps out there (she's a Beauceron mix) and he didn't mess with me while she was around.

One morning my mom was at the computer, and I was trying to fall back asleep on the couch. It was bright, and at the point I could only sleep during the day. Out of nowhere I felt like I was being crushed. I felt a powerful wind hitting me, and I couldn't move. I remember trying to scream for my mom, but my voice wouldn't work. I remember there being a bright light shining in the distance, even though I was looking out into my living room. When it went away my mouth felt like I'd blown up too many balloons. I wasn't scared surprisingly, and actually fell asleep shortly after.

The shadow man left me alone after that, and eventually he went away. I have no idea where he went, but he's not here anymore. During the month it went on it was like a living nightmare. It doesn't bother me anymore, probably since I've had my share of ghostly experiences after that.

But if you have any ideas about what the wind and light was about, I'd like to hear from you. Thank you for reading!

Other hauntings by MeganSierra

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MeganSierra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
I said this on one of your other stories, but again, I think you are a little psychic. It amazes me that the man had the nerve to shake your bed and touch you! I have the same feelings too sometimes. I'm glad he went away!
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
Sounds like another creepy experience one of our members recounted in Missouri. Obvious changes, but same creepy style. Glad all is well.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
Hmm I honestly think that the negative energy created at the time was what attracted this entity into your home, I feel as though it was not previously there but you never know some of these things can be subtle and lying in wait and influence negativity within the family circle.
I am glad you chose not to taunt this spirit, this is a sure way for the things you were experiencing to increase, well done.

The white light wind and the experience of being crushed and not being able to yell does seem like sleep paralysis to me, although I could be wrong as you mentioned this shadow man has ceased his activities after this event.
You may very well have a protective spirit looking out for you and your family. 😊
I am glad things have turned out for good for you and within your home.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
Sometimes entities can create conditions which suit them. Entities at times need to feed on a certain type of energy to gain power and clearly this one wasn't a happy, good or particularly empathetic being. Luckily for us there's always something out there spiritually protecting us. It's just not always clear until it steps in and saves us from ourselves and/or our surroundings.

I'm sorry you had something causing unhappiness for you and your family for a time. But I am glad that something protected you and that all is well now? Thanks for sharing your story, it was a good read.
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Luckily, that evil force stopped from bugging you a lot.
Maybe it got scared from the bright light and ran away before it could do any more harm to you 😊
If this happens again, I'm going to wish you a very very good luck so that it would be easier for you to step out of it... I do hope that nothing worse than that happens to you again, as a fellow friend from afar... 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
Thank you for coming back and letting us know what's going on! I'm so glad your home is a better place now.
MeganSierra (8 stories) (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
Thankfully the fighting has stopped. After the ghost left things returned to normal. Some of the things that had gone on with some of my family members has some lasting effects, but it's a hundred times better than it was. Thanks!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
MeganSierra,
Great story, thank you for sharing.
Taz has a good point about the protective spirit being the cause of the light, the wind may have been the darker entity being blown out of your home and away from you and your family. One good indication is that you no longer are bothered, followed, shaken or made to feel uncomfortable in your own home.
One last point of validation, as a very good friend of mine would say, would be the rest of your family. Are they still at each others throats? Families do argue, but the kind of fighting you described in your story... Has that ceased? If so, I'd have to say you are a very special soul to have received that protection, somebody out there cares.
😊 ❤ ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
hi megansierra you were right not to mock this entity your cousin proved that when she did he would react that would have been worse for you if you had mocked him.
Now with the bright light and the strong wind I do think that you were being protected from him from some other spirit/force and that protection stayed with you until the man finaly left for good, he could have been the negitive energy that caused the problems with your family members in the first place and then feed off that.
Thanks for posting a great story hope to read more from you😁
Carl
MeganSierra (8 stories) (17 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Snowhite, this was my first haunting. I was just a kid and not sure what to do. Also taunting something that meant me harm didn't seem like the smart thing to do. I'm sure in some cases this might work, but ignoring it seemed like the smartest thing for me to do at the time. Thank you for your opinion though!

This comment from snowhite is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: