You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Inhuman Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Inhuman Haunting

 

I am a 29 year old female, born and raised in New Jersey. When I was 14 I moved to Florida to live with my grandparents. I have experienced paranormal things ever since I was a child, but I'm only going to talk about the most powerful here. At some point, I may submit other stories; but I feel I need to get the weight of this particular account off my soul more than anything else.

When I was 18, my grandfather purchased a house in central Florida, Leesburg. It was big enough for me, my grandfather, my mother and stepfather to live in comfortably. I had felt a presence in my room from the first night. I knew it was an elderly man and I would often see a shadow standing over my bed. I would get the feeling he didn't really like me being there, but I was never fearful or felt threatened. I found out later that the previous owner's husband was very ill for a long time and passed away in that room.

At 21, I had a falling out with my stepfather and left the house. Five years later, after leaving a bad relationship, I came home to my parents open arms. My parents set me up in my old room. I was super happy at first. Something was different about the house though. The feeling was... Dark.

Strange things started happening at night. The instances started off small and escalated over time. The first thing I remember is lying in bed trying to sleep and I felt something pull a few strands of hair out of my ponytail and lay them over my face. It startled me and I brushed my hair back and looked for something it might have gotten caught on. When I lay back down, it happened again and again until I firmly said, "STOP IT."

A couple weeks go by and again, I'm in bed, trying to get to sleep and I felt something grab my left foot. It was a hard clutch on my foot, like someone trying to yank you out of bed. It freaked me out enough to send me to sleep on the family room couch. After the grab, I would often feel something sit on the edge of the bed or even crawl into bed with me. Not too long after that, I would also wake up with unexplained scratches and bruises on my legs and torso.

Around this time, I noticed something I'd never felt before in any house I'd ever lived in... Unexplainable dread. I would feel sick coming home from a friend's house, just upon seeing the house. I started having a lot of trouble sleeping, especially at night, in that room. I continuously had nightmares, usually about killing myself and among the grabbing; I would hear whispers that I could never understand.

Another instance was in broad daylight, I was working on a project for a graphic design class. The house was quiet and I was the only one home. I walked out of my room to get supplies and when I came back in, I was stopped dead in the middle of my room. Something screamed in my ear. It was an angry wordless scream. I freaked and left to stay at my boyfriend's house. I never finished that particular project.

As time went on, things seemed to get more vicious. If I could get to sleep at night, I would often wake up at around 3am just filled with dread. On one occasion, I felt so scared and so full of dread that I resorted to my Catholic upbringing and started to recite the Lord's Prayer. Before I got to "amen," I was punched in the guts by an invisible force. It knocked the wind out of me and put me in the foetal position. I remember crying and being so scared I couldn't move. I laid there as motionless as possible and waited for the sun to come up.

After being back for almost a year, my best girlfriend was noticing I was not well and would often come visit. She would spend the night, but she would always get sick for no reason and be throwing up so bad she'd have to leave early. My boyfriend at the time had similar experiences. One night his right eye went blood red and he complained of a constant pressure headache. He decided to go home and left. He called me literally two minutes later while driving home to tell me his eye cleared up and his headache was gone and that there was something wrong with my parents' house.

A couple months later, I had the most terrifying experience to date. It was very late and I was in my room watching TV. I decided to try to go to sleep, so I turned the TV off and was about to reach over and turn off my lamp, but I couldn't move. I was completely paralyzed from the neck down. There was a pressure shift in my ears and I tried to call out for my mom (because I knew she was still up, watching TV in the family room, which was right outside my door) but barely a sound came out. Now very panicked, I was trying to scream for my mom; still, barely a scratch of voice came out. Then, my bathroom door began to slowly slide open. What came out was and still is unfathomable to me. It looked like an alien, crossed with a lizard. Its skin was scaly, grey and dead, almost mouldy looking. Its eyes were burning red coals. It had no nose or ears to speak of. It had long claws on the hands and feet and it had a very hunched over posture. It came out of the bathroom and looked right at me. It hissed at me, revealing these long needle sharp teeth. Then it turned and walked out of my room. It just opened the door and walked out. I remember the sound of its claws on the wood floor. I seriously questioned my sanity. When I could move again, I dashed out of my room and went to my mother. She immediately noticed I was shaken and asked if I was feeling sick. She then asked me what I went into the kitchen for. I'd never gone into the kitchen. I sat and began crying and telling her what just happened. I guess I'm lucky in a way to have a mother who has also experienced paranormal things.

I don't know if it was a demon. I still replay it in my head over and over. I'm always searching for an answer. Searching for someone who might have seen something similar.

Not long after that, terrible life events unfolded: my grandfather passed away suddenly in the house, the house went into foreclosure, I found out the love of my life had been cheating on me, then I was in a terrible car accident (not my fault), then the loony-bin for a short stay (because I basically lost my mind for a minute with all that had been going on.) When I got back, my parents were in the process of packing and moving to a new house. I refused to go into my room alone or at night at all while packing. I left a lot of things behind out of fear of whatever was there following me.

Since then, I've been a much happier, healthier, more stable person. I have never again experienced such fear and dread and harm in that magnitude. As far as I know, no other family has stayed in that house more than a few months. I still have paranormal experiences, but nothing like that. These days, I feel like I know what true evil energy feels like. Whatever it was, it left its mark.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kuro, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Autumnbaby (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-09)
I know exactly how you feel. We also had a home like that. We left almost everything there when we gave it back to the bank, due to being followed. I found out after we left that almost every person who bought that house never stayed long. I wish you many blessings, peace, and luck.
SueSwank (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
Hello Kuro, I would be interested in perhaps speaking to you more about this.

Please feel free to contact me at my email: keywestswank [at] aol.com

Thank you,

Sue
mjames (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
You mentioned your mother had paranormal expereinces --What has your mother experienced at the house?
MrBrightside (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
what you explained sounds very very familiar, and for some reason I get this feeling I have seen it before but was too young to remember
joseph_joseph1 (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Dear Kuro,
You wrote: "On one occasion, I felt so scared and so full of dread that I resorted to my Catholic upbringing and started to recite the Lord's Prayer. Before I got to "amen," I was punched in the guts by an invisible force. It knocked the wind out of me and put me in the foetal position. I remember crying and being so scared I couldn't move. I laid there as motionless as possible and waited for the sun to come up."
---------
It seems to me that this was (or at least should have been) a most defining and revealing moment. Obviously the Lord's prayer provocted a very evil and violent response from this entity. This one reaction of this entity speaks volumes, don't you think? One can learn so much just from this one simple event, if one would only ponder upon it. This one event tells what this "spirit" was, and even moreso what turning to God in prayer can mean for a person.

-Joseph
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
StacyH,
check out the posts left on your thread/story...I left a response/question for you.
NSN82 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
Also, It sounds like you went through some sort of depression probably caused by the fear of the house. The feel of dread and bad dreams may have been some of the effects.
NSN82 (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
You're experience involving the lizard like creature sounds like sleep paralysis. This condition causes the individual to wake from a dream completely paralyzed and unable to scream. This is because your body is still shut down as if you were still sleeping. Hallucination are common with this condition. Objects from dreams appear within your surroundings. Scientists believe sleep paralysis could explain many ghost sighting and reports of alien abductions. You could have dozed off for a few minutes without realizing it prior to your experience. If so this could be the case.

Here's a link that may give you more information:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis#Symptoms_and_characteristics

I am not trying to disprove your experience I am just giving possible explanations 😊
Kuro (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
True enough. What ever was at the old house didn't follow me. At least, it doesn't seem that it did.

If it comes back, I'll need an old priest, and a young priest...
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Sounds more like a personal shielding than anything. That's to protect you (from my beliefs) from something trying to hurt you. But that doesn't make anything really "go away".
Kuro (1 stories) (6 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Lame as it comes off, my religion is probably THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING! My mom always told me whenever you're scared or feel threatened to imagine yourself surrounded by golden white light... Like armor made of light. Sort of along the whole idea that we are all God. That sort of sums it up... It's harder for me to type out than in face to face convo.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
You and I are kind of in the same boat on the whole religion thing. You have to find whatever you believe in. Simply put, my view is a matter of willpower. You have to be stronger than whatever you're trying to go toe to toe with if you're in the confrontation mood. Other than that, stay out of the situation unless you're ready for a potential fight.
Kuro (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
I'm not very religious. Yeah, reaised Catholic, but not practicing. Organized religion isn't my cup of tea.

My only real follow up actions have been to avoid the house (the whole neighborhood) like wild fire. If I get a bad feeling from a place, I leave ASAP. I don't hang around with people I get a negative vibe from and sure as hell don't invite them into my current house.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
I'm noticing a post I was responding to is missing. Either a ghost deleted it or I'm going out of my mind.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
And for the record, 2chan is the best for spamming. Trade Chat always wins out.

On a serious note, I would also follow up on these situations based on whatever your personal religious beliefs are. There's multiple ways to handle a situation, but I don't want to step on any toes.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Lol, I'm just saying that in a situation like you describe the best you can do is reflect back on it and decide how to handle a similar situation in the future. And IMO, the best way is to get out of there and decide from there a new plan of action.

I can suggest what to do (along with the rest of us) if another situation arises, but this one is done, gone, and buried. And I don't mean that in a rude way, so I apologize if that sounded wrong. If you were still going through it, then I could give a possible solution. But now all that I see is doing an AAR (After Action Review) to figure out what you did right and what you did wrong and learn for the future.:)

This comment from SmokeyKnight is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Kuro (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
You're right. I should have left. But I didn't and suffered the consequences. What else can I say.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
If something is affecting you, bail out. If no one else wants to help themselves, that is their prerogative. So if they won't leave, I guess they're damned.

Living outside of that house isn't abandoning your family. By your account you're 29 years old. Live a town or two away. Heck, even a couple streets. But if you're being attacked the way you describe, it's not safe for you to be there. Either everyone else will follow suit, or they A) aren't having those issues or B) don't have the sense to bail out when it's getting over their heads. Your call on that.
Kuro (1 stories) (6 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
[at] smokey & javelina

I did spend as much time as possible at my boyfriend's and other friend's home. There was always a reason to go back, like for my family. Much as they themselves would have liked to move somewhere else, they were in not in great financial standings. I had already spent 5 years away from my family and I didn't feel I was in a position to up and run off again, despite the things that were happening to me. I had plenty of places to go, but didn't feel right abandoning my family.

Honestly, it never occured to me before, during or after to research the property... Although, I did research the house I'm currently living in just for my own personal heads up.

A priest blessed the house when we first moved in. When all these things started happening years later, I didn't think to have another priest come back and re-bless the house or what have you.

Your opinion is just that. I understand the angle you're coming from and I respect your POV. I know what happened to me and I don't expect every single person to believe me. It's just not possible. Your biggest issue was that I stayed even though everything else was a loud, flashing red alarm to get out. SO I guess next time, if there is one, I'll just up and leave, everyone else be damned? Sorry, that's not my style.

[at] StacyH
You'll be hearing from me.

[at] Pjod
I did think of tracking the other people down, but there was just no finding them after they were out of the house. I haven't really wanted to go anywhere near the house to talk to whoever may be living in it now. I worry about going there and something attaching itself/following me.

[at] Petersspirit
I did consider that it might have been the old man, but the things that happened just seemed like so much more vicious than what I'd felt from when we'd very first moved in. Not to say that it couldn't have been him and years of negative energy building. I feel that it was something other than just the old man.

[at] everyone else
Thank you very much for your well-wishing and comments. Always appreciated. <3
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
I must (once again) agree with Javelina. I am reminded of the slasher films where the females hear something in the house and think it's a friend so they get naked and take a shower, only to be murdered. Obviously not exactly the same but Kuro, you've portrayed yourself as one of the easy victems in this whole thing because you don't learn. So I'm left to challenge your story or your intelligence.

I feel "I had nowhere else to go" coming... In that situation you would have FOUND somewhere else to go. I'd sleep in my two seat pickup before I'd stay in that house another night. So I can only assume you're a glutton for punishment and that's why you went back night after night.

I'm sorry, not finishing a project for graphic design (a fairly difficult course) and harming your academic career because a spirit/ghost screamed at you is nonsense. It screams, you scream back. Turn up some music. Go to a library or a friend's place. Even go to school early and work on it. But it doesn't make sense that you would be scared of finishing the project but not getting out of the house.

Did you bother to research the proprty? Did you bring a Priest (as you said you are/were Catholic) to see what was happening? I am tempted to say that the only other logical possibility is you were using mind altering drugs, but I won't make that accusation.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Kuro,
Don't get me wrong here, I'm not out to cause trouble but I have some questions about this story that are just bothering me to ho end.
The first thing that popped out at me is the fact that you continued to stay at that house after things started getting physical and you were waking up with bruises and scratches. After it yelling/screaming in your ear you just went on back.
Secondly, as if that wasn't enough to convince you to leave, you state that you were punched in the gut so hard that it knocked the wind out of you and put you in the fetal position. Yet, you returned to that house and that room.
Third, by now your friends are leaving the house after becoming ill from just being there, calling you from their vehicle to tell you they were fine once they left. Apparently this wasn't enough to convince you because, once again, you decided to stay.
Finally, as you lay in bed watching TV, you got sleepy so you turned off the TV and were going to reach over to turn the lamp off and found you couldn't move or scream, bathroom door opens and out walks this creature with eyes of red burning coal. It then proceeds to stare you down, hiss at you, and then nice as you please, walks out the bedroom door and saunters on out to the kitchen.
Finally got your attention huh?
Sorry guys, too conveniently contrived. Way too much horror, not enough common sense. It is just craxy scary enough to get your attention, but it still doesn't hold water. Nobody would stay in a place where they were constantly being attacked, it's too far fetched. I'm not going to bother coming back to check on any replies from the author either. I've wasted enough time already.
😕 🤔 😐
StacyH (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
I have been going through something VERY similar for almost a year and would like to talk to you. My email is shilton1971 [at] yahoo.com Email me if you would like to talk and I will send you a picture that I took several months ago of the "alien" being that follows me everywhere. I live in Louisiana and understand the fear you went through. Occurences like this are life changing. I have a whole new respect for the spirit world. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care.
alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Demons can assume any appearance they wish, and can manipulate the senses, producing visdual, auditoty, olfactory, and tactile hallucinations.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
have you ever thought about tracking down some of the folks who lived in that same house after you? The ones you know of, who only spent a month or two, they are the ones you should start with. See if your notes match up with theirs...I'm actually surprised you haven't already done this, as it seems like the perfect way in finding another who may have experienced the same type of haunting/creature...
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
I'm really glad this story ended well, I can't imagine how it would've been like seeing and experiencing something like that. I agree with some of the others that it could've been a demon. Whatever it was, I'm glad that you are okay and feel happier again!
Take care 😊
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
Hi Kuro,

After having read the traumatic experiences you did go through with this clearly darck spirit, I was already praying for a happy end for you and so I was glad to see that you guy's moved out and you were doing much better these days! Wow... Perhaps the man who died in your old room had a great anger over his passing and thus build up an darck energy field which caused all the negativity? As for the touches you felt: my grandmother told me today again how during the day when she sleeps in the sofa someone will tap her knee or cheek or other. When she wakes up there is no person around.

Thank you for this sharing, I'm so glad your okay now!
Greetings,
Peter
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
Since you said that you had a catholic upbringing I can very well say that you must know of the battle of heaven where God banished Satan or Lucifer the devil who was the highest of all angels along with all of his supporters to hell who all in turn revert to demon state just to scare and trouble us humans who are all God's children when actually a demon is in reality a fallen angel who when changed back to his original appearance is very beautiful. So we must never fear these demons because we know very well that they are not as they appear to us humans.
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-17)
While reading your story, it almost made me cry just by trying to imagine how things slowly get worse while you're trying to resist with all your might... 😢
Luckily, it's still a bit of a good ending... I'm happy that you got out of that ominous situation. 😉
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Chupacabra, is what it sounds like from your description. But it sounds like its behaviour is that of a Demon. How absolutely scary. I am glad you got through it.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: