You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Father Met The Angel Of Death

Real Ghost Stories

Father Met The Angel Of Death

 

First, let my introduce myself. My name is Thano, I live in Albania and I am at my early teens. I always had a strong affection for paranormal and religious stories, so I have been dealing with religious and theological books since I was 4-5.My grandparents were very religious and taught me to be righteous and sincere with everybody. Anyway, let's skip to my story.

When I was a child (2 years old), my paternal grandmother was diagnosed with liver cancer. The doctors couldn't do anything about her, just to implant an artificial item that would assist the remaining liver. My grandmother came to Greece (the place where I lived until I was five) and decided to make the surgery there.

One day before the surgery, my father saw a vision (not a dream). My father just got home late from work and went to the bed. I was sleeping in my small bed, while my mother was watching TV. My father took a shower, drank a glass of milk and went to bed. My parents turned off the TV and fell asleep. After a few hours, around 4:00 am, my father suddenly woke up. He heard a strong noise coming from outside the house. My mother didn't wake up, only my father.

Suddenly, he heard the door knob getting opened and the door started slowly opening. My father was staring at the door and was terrified to see the Archangel of Death, standing at the opened door. My father describes him as being tall, thin, and muscular and having a pair of black, feathered wings. He had a hood and had a pale skin, along with black eyes and hair. He held a large scythe in his hand and a large cloak, covering his thin body. He started staring at my father for a few seconds. My father went from being terrified got curious and confused.

My father asked him "What do you want? Why you are here?" However, the angel didn't respond, just kept staring at my father. Finally, my father got the point of the angel's visit and asked "Is my mother going to die?". Death closed his eyes and lowered his head, showing sadness and desperation. He slowly left the room and closed the door, leaving my father alone.

The next morning, my father went to the church near our house and told the priest about the vision and the encounter with the angel. The priest got terrified and told my father that the angel is called Azrael and is the Archangel of Death! A few days later, my grandmother took the surgery and it was unsuccessful. She died a few days after the surgery.

My father remembered Azrael and the sadness that he showed when my father asked him. Nowadays, we live in Albania and my father still tells this story every time that I ask him about grandmother. It terrifies me when I think that I have stood in the same room with Death long ago and that my father actually spoke to him.

I haven't been in that room for a long time (maybe 10 years) and I am afraid to go. I have been many times in Greece, but never went to that room again. I am just too too afraid that I may meet Azrael personally, although we will all meet him someday.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Thano7496, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-01)
meganpixiejan,
First off, I echo Myst's sentiment, there is no way for you to know if no one in America has met the angel of death or not. Never mind the fact that this particular account does NOT take place in America, but in ALBANIA. Whole different country.
Myst (63 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-01)
Meganpixiejan- How do you know that nobody in America has met the archangel of death? Not everybody tells everything, even on this site.
meganpixiejan (5 posts)
-3
7 years ago (2017-07-01)
What?!? Where's the Jesus in this? This is confusing when NOBODY in America has met the Archangel of Death
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-30)
Ananob, I have never taken any drugs. Azrael isn't such a bad guy. Your OPINION of him is so low, even when he saves lives, you say its for evil purposes. Believe what you want about him, you'll find out someday how very wrong you are. He is actually quite good.
abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-09)
Leslie81 are you out of your mind do you use druges? By the way if he help someone that becuase he need him to do some work for him bad and evil work sins that why he let his people live longer and to make their sins larger to make them suffer in hell more then anyone else so he may be smart beautiful but not good at all
Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
There's no need to be afraid of him. He's very powerful and amazing in battle, so fighting him is not a good idea. But there's really no need. He's kind, sweet, understanding and has a good sense of humor. At times he has even helped the living avoid dying. I was with him once and we saved these people from a plane wreck. Two small planes crashed. One had maybe four people. Dont remember, but there were not many aboard. And he has saved me in the astral realm before. There's no need to be so afraid of him.
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
Very good story and that is true... We will me The Archangel Of Death, but not today. And I feel bad for you, hoping someday we'll all see the one's whom who passed... And we will, Just as I said, not today. And I'm sorry for your loss. 😳 😐 ❤
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
I agree, this is a very eerie and vivid story. But redphx, why are you so sure that famous angels are visiting you? How do you know they are the angels you think they are? Wouldn't those famous angels be too busy or something? I don't doubt that you've seen angels, many people have, why are you so special that famous ones visit you? 😜
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
I absolutely love Azrael. I've never encountered him before. I've only encountered Michael (seen) and Raphael (felt). But since Azrael is for death mostly I would prefer not to encounter him any time soon. I love your story.
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
To be honest, cosmogal926 took my words XD
Your father caught a clear image of Azrael because it is an extremely rare situation/event, which happened to me too when I was young.
I ❤ your stories because just by reading the first part of the story, I suddenly had the feeling that this account is TRUE. Well, good luck with your life! Your family might be guided by Two Archangels in my opinion! 😊 😁
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
I'm sorry for your loss. That does sound scary to me, I would've thought that I was the one Azrael had come for. It is interesting that Azrael showed sadness when your Father when he asked about your Grandmother's sugery. Hope everyone is at Peace.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Thano7496: Great story I couldn't imagine the terror your father must have felt gazing upon the angel of death I probably would have thought I was going to die!😆 When I think of Azrael's characteristics I do not picture him being sad and sympathetic, thank you for showing me another way of looking at things.
Sorry for the loss of your Grandmother may she be at peace! 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
First of all, my sympathy to you and your family for your loss.

Second, WOW! I have had some strange things occur in my life, but this truly would have terrified me. I do agree that perhaps your father was able to see Axrael because the angel did have remorse or sorrow that he had to take your grand mother away.

I understand about not wanting to enter the room where this occured; don't know if I would want to enter the city where this occurd 😁 Just kidding, but wow!

Thanks!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Thano7496, Absolutely Amazing story! The image of Azrael must have stayed so vivid in your father's mind because I can get a clear picture of what the angel looked like just from your description. The look of sadness on Azrael's face, like he was telling your father that he was sorry he had to take her. I am so sorry the surgery didn't work and that she lost her battle. I hope and pray that your grandmother is at peace. This story is going right in my fav's. Thank you so much for sharing this. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: