You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Twin?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Twin?

 

I wasn't a lonely child EVER but I still felt like I was missing someone so important. A strong bond I had with someone who wasn't there? I'd never lost anyone at that age though, I thought. When I'd go to bed at night I'd look down at the empty bed with such a broken heart, almost crying and I'd think to myself "Why isn't she there?" Even to this day I still have serious issues sleeping. And a lot of times I just don't feel whole, like I lost such an important part of me.

Well, when I was eight years old I had an "imaginary" friend named Mary.

Only I could see her and communicate with her, she existed to no one else.

I talked to her all the time and we played together constantly.

The strange thing is she looked almost exactly like me.

She had black hair with blue eyes just like me and our faces were VERY similar.

One day, my parents heard me screaming from the bedroom. They rushed in quickly, along with my brother to see what was wrong with me.

There they saw me hanging off the side of the bed, yelling, "Mary is pulling me! Make her stop!" My hair was sticking straight out as if someone was actually there pulling. All at once, the hair just dropped like she had let go. Me being eight years old at the time, I was very freaked because she had never done anything like that before. I never figured out why she was trying to pull me from my bed though.

Well, after Mary tried to pull me from the bed, I took her down by the road and told her to leave and never come back again.

Years pass by without me seeing her anymore.

I'm nineteen years old now and Mary has randomly come back.

I was in my bedroom one day and I had just woke up. I was having a bit of a problem moving so I just lay there thinking "Ah I'll move here in a minute." The sunshine was out that day but not very brightly. I saw something out of the corner of my eye so I turned to look and there was this girl who came from this mist like stuff. My eyes widened as she was walking closer. Her expression was practically blank.

First thing I thought when she got really close to me was "Mary is back." She had gotten taller and her black hair was even longer than before but her skin color was sort of a blue tint! She grabbed my head and I was so frightened I couldn't move. And she spoke! She said this three times "Attack." she said it so calmly but whatever she was doing was hurting my head. In front of "Attack" she was saying a word that sounded like "HE"...I don't know why she would be saying "He attack" though? I'm majorly confused. After a few frightening minutes, she disappeared back into the mist. I lay there for minutes before I was brave enough to get out of bed!

And a couple weeks later I had something very strange happen!

I was napping on the couch one night and I had a dream that I had a twin who was in Heaven. She came to see me as a ghost and she was very angry, she said my mom should have told me about her existence. So she kind of went after my mom in my dream. Here's where it gets really creepy. While I was sleeping on the couch having that dream, my mom said her and dad were sitting in their room watching television and they heard someone walk into their room and say "Mom!" in my voice but when they turned to look nobody was there... And after my mom told me that, I told her the dream I was having while she had that happen.

A few months before I saw Mary in my bedroom, my brother told me I had experienced "Vanishing twin syndrome" I didn't want to believe him but I really do and thought so before he told me even.

I saw her two more times after that time in my bedroom. One of the times she was standing by my television and the next time she was beside me in bed when I woke but I wasn't frightened at all. Just thinking back to the day when she was in my room "attacking" my head makes me feel really sad. I wonder why she would come back now.

Other hauntings by Lydia050

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lydia050, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

aman_yooo (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
I am sorry, but what was her name Mary or Sarah? I am kind of confused because in the story you call her Mary and in your comments you call her Sarah.
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-06)
This story I can relate to. I have always felt that I was a twin and I should have been born with a twin brother. All my life I have dreamt of a boy who resembles me and my siblings. I have always felt he was my twin. As years went by we grew up together in my dreams. I used to wake up crying cause he wasn't there with me. When I came across VTS it made complete sense.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
Why don't you ask your father about the twin situation or if your brother is older than you, he might have some kind of memory of losing a sister?
Lydia050 (4 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
It was a physical hole... Nobody knew how it got there... And I told them Sarah put it there? It was never repaired lol it stayed there for like a year I guess... Until we moved away. Sarah didn't visit me for a long time after I told her to go away, UNLESS I just didn't sense her presence. I've always felt like she's around me BUT normally I see her when she's around.
I've actually invited her over before I sleep... And I always wake up with the same terrible headache every time I invite her over or she shows up on her own. It's weird...
You know, I feel pretty silly now, I haven't ever asked her who she is... Maybe I should try that!

Thanks 😁
Kandybar (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Was it a physical hole in the living room? Did Sarah's visits stop when the hole was repaired?

Just a thought - have you asked Sarah who she is?
PyroGirl (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
Very very creepy. Maybe you did have a twin... Wow, lucky duck!
Lydia050 (4 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
I forgot to mention... One of the times I got really sad because Sarah had to go back into the portal. She was leaving and I was telling her bye. My mom came and asked me what I was doing, I told her "they're making Sarah go back." That was before she pulled me from the bed though!...
Lydia050 (4 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Thank you all for the comments!:]
Minimom, I didn't flat out ask her... I kind of beat around the bush... But I think I got somewhere with it.

BadJuujuu, I really like your theory... I mean it isn't great... In a way lol but it kind of has a right feeling to it, you know?

About my mom... She is very strange.
She doesn't like to talk about certain things...
When I was little...something...happened to me and I remember crying and telling her about it. Well, I brought it up a couple years ago and she told me she didn't remember... She told me it never happened... But I'm very aware of it happening many more times than just once.

Anyway! I tried talking to her about the twin thing.
She said she had planned on having another kid.
At one point she said "Haha I obsessed over it so much, maybe I brought some ghostly spirit to life!"...
When I was hinting around about maybe a twin...
She acted strange and looked like she was going to cry. It's unusual for my mom to act that way...
I didn't want to upset her even more so I just stopped talking about it.

Last night I was walking towards my kitchen and turned away saying "Noo!" to myself because I sensed a presence in front of the sink.
It was a male spirit standing there and I could sense that he was angry. I went back into the living room and sat down in a chair. I told myself, this is my house I can't let a spirit stop me from doing what I need to do here [I needed a snack lol] So I finally worked up the courage to go to the fridge and there was a constant feeling like someone over my shoulder watching me. I felt breath on my neck. I thought I was going to faint at my fridge lol. I ran away from the kitchen!
When I got back into my room I decided to try & get some EVP's!
I called out to the spirit who was in the kitchen and I was really mad, I asked "WHAT IS YOUR NAME?" I got a reply, "Henry"
I asked, "YOU THINK YOU CAN CONTROL ME IN MY HOUSE?" lol I never got a reply to the angry questions though.

A few minutes later I felt like "Henry" went away. So I tried communicating with Sarah. I clicked on my recorder... Said "Sarah, are you in here? Want to come sit by me?" the reply was "Yeah!" the voice sounded slightly like mine and kind of not.
Also a while later I asked Sarah another question, I can't remember what the question was right now but her reply was "He won't let me" >.> Creepy!

Aside from me thinking it's a twin cause she looks like me and all...Georgiee, you have me wondering now if it could be someone I was related to but I'm not sure?

I believe these friends came along before I was eight years old but I have the most memories with them when I was eight. So other than Sarah, I had one more imaginary friend. A girl I called "Fetta" who had blond hair.

My dad's mom [my grandma lol]heard me talking to "Fetta" one day and she asked everyone else if they noticed anything strange. Because she had a daughter named "Faye Etta" who died when she was about my age then... And she also had blond hair.
But "Fetta" just went away after a while.

Then when I was eight... There was a hole in the living room wall... And I told everyone that it was a portal... That Sarah lived in there. I'm like... Curious about that now because how did I even know what a portal was then? Lol I hadn't ever heard it before but I knew what it was!

Well, I think that's all I have to tell for now! 😁 Do comment back if you please! Hehe. <3
Georgiee (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
This story is extraordinary. I agree with JarMan, now your an adult, I can't see any reason as to why your mother wouldn't tell you about a twin, so either she never knew or the spirit is someone else. Could there be a possibility that this is a family member who died before you were born? Someone you look like? Once people die I believe they can appear to be at any age as a spirit. And I don't believe in the theory of doppelganger. Please if you find anything out I would be really interested to hear about it.
Take care of yourself 😁
PyroGirl (21 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
I would think it was a Doppleganger, but if I were wrong, which I am possibly, I would think it a sister who died at birth. 'He attack.' might be from something that may happen in your future.
With all due respect,
PyroGirl
PestilentPixie (4 stories) (52 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Your story is extrordinary. If I were in your situation I would do some research. 😊
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Your story is amazing. Keep us updated if anything else happens. And god luck. Maybe you could try getting some EVPs... ❤
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Generally speaking, it isn't THAT uncommon for there to actually be twins in the womb and then for one reason or another, you'd adsorb the other one. There has been documented cases in which there have even been parts of the twin discovered on the person's body.

Anyways... On with the story, it sounds like you are an adult now, there isn't possibly any reason why your Mother would have any reason to hide a dead twin from you.

I guess I could suggest a Doppelganger if I were inclined to believe in such things, I don't.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
Your mom might had carry twin in the past never know and died or still born... Love your story by the way my name is tracey too... 😁
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
BadJuuJuu makes a good point. That could explain the blue tint on "Sarah's" skin. But, "Sarah" could be another spirit, perhaps killed (suffocated, strangled, etc) by a male figure, explaining 'he attack'.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
I was thinking along the same lines as minimom. Another thought that occurred to me, she grabbed your hair when you were a child and yanked you out of bed. She came back when you were older, again went for your head, while saying attack. Maybe she died during birth? That occured to me as babies generally enter the world head first, maybe she was stuck and the doctor couldn't pull her out in time to save her. It's not a great theory I admit, but it's a thought.
minimom (50 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Did you ask your mom if you were part of a twin pregnancy? Many times a woman will be pregnant with twins and in the early part of the pregnancy one twin will be re-absorbed with the mother unaware that she was even carrying twins.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: