You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Woman on the Slopes

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman on the Slopes

 

This story took place on April of 2005. My friend Lisa and I where on the way to her house to take her home. She was telling me about the legend of the woman on the slopes. The legend is that if you drive to the bottom of the slopes at night, you'll see a woman in all white walking in the field. And if you have a ring on, you'll feel a tug on it. The story is that this woman was proposed to at this spot. It was the lover's meeting place. Shortly after the engagement her fiance was killed. The woman is still waiting for him to return.

So we get the gumption to go down there to see if it is true. We cruise down there in my little s10 at around 8:00pm. When we got to the entrance of the slopes, I parked there and shut off my head lights, but I keep the engine running. I wanted to shut the engine off and Lisa said "no, just in case she came out, we can take off..." So we are sitting down there for about 5 minutes laughing and jamming to my mix cd. It was playing "Last Dance with Mary Jane".

It seemed like as soon as that song came on, we saw something white in the distance but wasn't sure what it was. It seemed to be moving closer at a rapid pace. As it got closer, it seemed to be a woman. She was about 10 feet from us when we saw the angry look on her face. So Lisa and I were not planning to stick around to se why she was mad. I put the truck in reverse and started backing up and she was chasing us. I was going about 10 mph backwards and she was keeping up. I decided to not try to turn around backwards since she was on our tail. I ended up backing halfway up that road (which had some nasty bends in it). We got the truck turned around and headed to Lisa's house. We could still see her in the mirror until we got on the main street in Smithfield.

I got Lisa home and nothing else happened that night. I feel bad that we didn't find out what she wanted but one day I hope to.

Other hauntings by evilblackwidow9

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, evilblackwidow9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

redone1867 (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
ohio this is annas friend who intro'd her to the slopes. It is a small winding hill with few houses on it leading to the woods at the edge of a small town called smithfield.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-16)
Ohiowatha,
I'm not quite sure on what the slope are since I have never enter them beyond the grave drive down to them. When Lisa aka redone1867 gets on again, I'll have her explain them since she is from the area and I am not.

Blessed Be Ye
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-02)
What are "the slopes," please? I'd like to check this place out. My family lives in Columbus.

thanks!
Brian07891 (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
Cool story, I wonder why she was mad? And why was she chasing you? Crazy ghosts lol 😜
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-07)
I know where Stuebenville is, I have been past there a couple of times, that's cool. Yeah when I get back home I may just do that, contact you and find out where those areas are. Right now I am looking at possibly taking a job in Doha, Qatar and probably won't have any time to do any investigations this time around when I go home.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-07)
Smithfield is located about 25 minutes from Wintersville/Stuebenville area. It's a small village. We have some pretty awesome places that are haunted up here. If you want to know where they are at, just ask me or redone1867.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-07)
EBW9, my favorite wiccan. Smithfield, not sure where that is at. I live when I am in the states down near Gallipolis, Oh. When I get back home I am planning on going up to Mansfield Prison and check it out, along with Moundsville in West Virginia. I have been to Moundsville before just not on an over night trip. I haven't been to Mansfield yet, for those who don't know it Mansfield Prison is where they filmed Shawshank redemption. Keep us posted as to what you find out.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-06)
I plan on around May of 2008 to try to do a bit of investagions there with just ours and a camcorder. But first for myself, and my group, we have investagions going on in my old house. I will post stories about some of those experiences.
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-06)
Wow. I would of stayed to see what was up. Keep us posted
Tmetsfan31 AKA Tanis
Tmetsfan31 [at] aim.com if you have any questions

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: