You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Robert

Real Ghost Stories

Robert

 

My Husband sees spirits, he does not like it, but he does see them. This is one significant story for my family. I will cover the story and then the spirit sighting and subsequent communication

My mother was in love with her High School Sweetheart when she was 16 years old. His name was Robert and he had fuzzy orange hair. Robert came from a big family and he had to look after his younger siblings on an almost daily basis. Robert was asthmatic. Anyway, one day Robert was looking after his younger siblings as usual, in a park, when Robert had an Asthma attack. The ambulance was called, and when the ambulance arrived, it was discovered that they did not have enough oxygen, so Robert died at the scene.

My mother found out through a neighbor, and her parents (my grandparents) did not allow her to go to Robert's funeral.

Flash-forward 30 years or so, and my Husband and I were laying in bed (in the dark), when my Husband felt a presence. I should add that for many weeks I had felt a presence, and "heard" voices claiming that the spirit was Robert. I told my Husband about this. My Husband (in bed) tried to focus on what he was seeing and hearing. Suddenly, my Husband went completely still, and 'Robert' appeared. Robert had 'borrowed' my Husband's body to give me a message. This was the message, "You look just like her. You're Brenda's daughter?" in which I answered "Yes". Robert carried on talking, "Tell Brenda that I'll be waiting for her".

I told my mother the next day and she cried. Robert was and still is the love of her life.

Other hauntings by Lilady4

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lilady4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlysmile (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
Hey, Lilady4 it was really touching and, I would say that God, has gifted your husband a really amazing ability, I would love to have this kind of gift, once again I would say your story was really sweet.

Ghostlysmile
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
Lilady4,
This was a sweet story and, like everyone else has said before me, your husband has an awesome gift. It was very good of him to let Robert come through like that, he got his message through and your telling of it does give others hope. Thank you for sharing.
😊 ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
I can't help but wonder why, some spirits appear in such graphic ways, to those who can see them. I always thought that was Hollywoods version of that sense of seeing them... (6th Sense) but I have heard others speak of viewing spirits in similiar, graphic ways... The question is why? So that spirit died in a violent way, why would he/she appear to the living as such?
Anyway, I enjoyed your story very much... It does raise a lot of questions, and very thought provoking.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Cassandra123girl: yes he is scared of seeing spirits, he doesn't like to see spirit because most spirits are too graphic (i.e. Limbs missing, blood dripping from their head, etc).
Everyone else, thanks for all the nice comments. It is an amazing gift, but very unnerving sometimes.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Wow! Your story was so sweet! Your husband has an amazing gift! I hope he learns to control it and also to protect himself.
Thank you for sharing! This gives me hope that our love ones are waiting for us in the other side!

😊 ❤
Amberly527 (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Your story was very comforting to read! I'm sure your mom was very happy to find out that Robert's love continued on after death! Very sweet and filled with hope. Your husband has an awesome gift. I hope he can become more comfortable with it and learn to use it to help others as it seems like he already does.
cassandra123girl (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
wow your husband is luky but I mean is he scared when he sees the ghost like any paranormal reactions
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Oh my gosh. This is very touching. I'm speechless ❤ ❤ What a special gift your husband has as well. ❤
Georgiee (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Your husband has an amazing gift and using it can help many people, I would love to have such a gift. And this story is just so sweet, the fact that you shared will bring hope to many people in that they will know that there is someone waiting for them on the other side.
Thank you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: