You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: School's In

Real Ghost Stories

School's In

 

I go to this school that's about 75 years old. My janitor friend Joe died of a sudden heart attack one night and I'm certain he's still at my school watching out for kids but there's been some weird stuff going on since last Monday. This is one of the first haunting I've ever had.

Anyway I arrived at school on Friday at about 6:45 am. My school starts at 7:15. I'm the only one there besides this one other kid and I hear a voice call my name. I look around but I can't find anyone but the other kid so I just shrugged it off. A few minutes later, it happened again only louder this time. I look at the kid and said "Knock it off. It's not funny." The kid looks over at me and I realize that I've never seen him in the 9th grade hallway before. The kid just gives me a really funny look and replies "Stop what? I'm not doing anything."

By now I was really freaked out but I took out my homework and started to work on it. Nothing happens for 20 minutes. At 7:00 I get done with my homework and I look by the doors and see a dark shadow by the door which is odd because the kid had walked inside the school to get breakfast. I blink and the shadow is gone. A few minutes later, my friend walks in and says hi. I don't reply since I'm freaked out.

My friend Sarah asked "what's wrong?" I didn't reply since I was spooked.

At 7:15 everyone else arrived and ten minutes later we were all in our classes. I'm one of the only three kids in my 1st period class. My first class is at the other end of the school. So as I was walking to my class at 7:13 I feel like something is watching me. I turn around but nothing is there. So I kept walking and two minutes later I'm in my class at my desk. I'm the last one there. As I get started on my work I feel someone pull my hair.

Which was odd at the time because no one sits by me? A sudden rush of cold air comes at me and I'm instantly chilled to the bone. Then I see my textbook fall to the floor. It takes more than a breeze to move a 600 page math book off a desk.

The next few days I play sick and my mom let's me stay home. Today is my first day back at school. It's 8:00 am and nothing has happened yet. I just want to know what's going on. I'm sort of scared. Do you think its Joe or someone else?

Other hauntings by Snowy23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Snowy23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Snowy23 (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-23)
Hey everyone I'm back! Anyway I moved to another school. This one's over 100 years old! It's really cool. Only I think there's something here or something followed me from the other school... I don't like going to the science or the choir rooms. Those are the creepiest places in the building. Anyway I'm posting all of it in a new story when it opens up again Monday. One thing's for sure... This is not going to be a boring year. 😉
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
Any updates on the activity from the school? Anything else being noticed?

Peace
JustCurious
amy111 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
its could be joe but maybe some other ghost who died maybe? Or joe is just playing pranks on you for fun. He mgiht be bored 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Hmmm. So did anything happen when you left the school for Gettysburg or has that yet to happen?

Peace
JustCurious
shabam247 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
That sure is very strange. I don't know what ghost would want to stay at school ha.

Perhaps this spirit could be attached to you in some way?

If it was only bothering you it had to have some reason maybe it was Joe. Its not like spirits just play eenie minie minie moe with people you know?

Best of luck to ya!
-shabam247
Snowy23 (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
yes actually. I've been preparing to gop to gwettysburg with my class and when I walked into the social studies classroom I hear a voice scream NO! DON'T LEAVE THE SCHOOL! I was the only one who heard it odly enough. Also my friend opened her locker and there was her homework all ripped up. When I opened my locker, I saw that rotten eggs had been cracked in it and over all my stuff. Our lockers are very secure and there's no way to get into them. Also, there was a note ion each of our lockers that said "If you leave it will be worse than this." So I'm pretty freaked out.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
So is there any updates on the events at school?

Anymore paranormal activity? Any thing figured out about the history of the land?

Peace
JustCurious
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
I'm not sure what to say about the other two shadows, or the scream. But as far as the one shadow looking like Joe and hearing his laughing could mean that he is still hanging around and watching after those that he knew while he was alive. As far as the touch on your hand, I would think that it could possibly be Joe deciding to touch your hand to let you know he was there. But I'm not 100% sure. Just throwing an idea out there.

Have you heard over if anyone has died at the school previously? (as far as workers)

Have you done any research into the reservation that was there before the school was built? (as far as indian tribes, fights, etc)

Peace
JustCurious
Snowy23 (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
First hour starts at 7:35 am. I am freaked out. A few minutes ago before first hour started, I felt something cold as ice touch my hand. The weird thing was, I'm in a part of the school that has no windows. It's by the boiler room so it's always hot. Then I heard a low droning, different then the boiler sound I usually hear at my school at 7:35 in the morning, the droning turned to screaming and then laughing. It was Joe's laugh but not his scream. Was it his scream? I don't know. After that I saw the dark shadow again I mentioned in my story exept this time there were 3 of them. One of them looked like Joe the other two I don't know what they looked like. Who are they!
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
Maybe the spirit has decided to move on to have fun with someone else since you werent there. Or maybe their starting to mess with others students.

Peace
JustCurious
Snowy23 (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
I asked my friend when I came back to school if anything weird had happened to her and she said that someone pulled her hair to. She said that someone pulled her hair really hard. She also saw the dark shadow by the door when I was not there. What's happening! 😲
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Alright. That may be something to start on then as far as the Indian Reservation. Maybe see if there would be any information as far as what type of tribes stayed on the reservation, and then go from there.

It may be a lot of work to research into it but learning about the indian reservation is a start, and could lead to learning more about the land.

From what I have heard in history Indian Reservations were put into place to give Indians a place to stay while settlers were forcing them off their land. There are a few that I have read about where settlers would create posse's and then go in and attack/raid the indians.

See if the history teacher would happen to know what type of tribes may have stayed on the reservation and try and do some research into that and see if anything turns up. Would be interesting to see what comes up.

Peace
JustCurious
Snowy23 (2 stories) (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Thanks to everyone for posting. I've tried doing research on the school but all it brings up is the homepage. I also asked the history teacher at my school. He has been teaching there for almost 35 years. He told me that my school was built on an indian reservation.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Just like the other posters have said I don't believe you have to be afraid of it. It sounds like its being a friendly spirit, and if it really wanted to harm or scare you it would go to bigger measures I believe.

Now onto a different note. It maybe the spirit of the Janitor Joe, it may be the spirit of another student due to the age of the school. However there is one other possibility. Just because the school is 75 years old doesn't mean that it is a ghost that is in the building is there from the building. Ghosts can haunt the land the school was built on before it was built; it could be a ghost from a building that was previously there; or could be a spirit from another near building.

There may have been some sort of building there that could have had something happening that caused a ghost to be there which could lead to the ghost haunting the school once it was built there.

On another note there could have been some other reason to lead a ghost haunting an area. Using the example I noted above about a ghost haunting the land and not specifically the building could be watered down to this: There could have been some sort of battle or some sort of sickness or some sort of famine and someone could have died on the land that the school was built on and the spirit could be haunting the land which could lead to the spirit haunting the school when it was built.

Now just a couple of questions that could help figure it out:

Have you done any sort of research into the history of the school?

What about the land the school was built on?

There any sort of events that had happened in the area in the past? (Battles, wars, etc.)

Was there any other deaths experienced from someone that went to the school that your aware of?

Hope to hear back and I apologize for the length of my post.

Peace
JustCurious
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
In my honest opinion Snowy23 this seems to be more than likely a spirit of a student playing games, it probably knows it can get your attention. Has this activity happened to you before at your school? Perhaps other students have experienced something aswell, but I understand its not something that you can just openly talk about! Try not to be afraid I seriously doubt that it is an angry spirit, I think it is just after a bit of attention. 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Georgiee (1 stories) (7 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
It is likely to be him, if you were close to him and no-one has experienced anything like it. He's probably there watching over you all, and what your seeing and feeling is him letting you know this. Your hair being pulled and your math book being blown to the floor could be the playful nature of joe. But the age of the school could suggest that it is a different spirit, but you haven't felt anything like this before. I understand that having succh an experience could be difficult to share with your peers because they don't believe in things such as this but you've just got to be brave, you know what you felt and saw, it doesn't matter what they think. What you really neeed to do is try ask people who were also close to joe if they have experienced anything similar. The spirit won't harm you they're just being playful, don't be afraid.
Best wishes x

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: