You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Reality Can Be Mistaken For Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

Reality Can Be Mistaken For Dreams

 

Please read my previous story of everything I have already experienced.

Sometimes, incredibly strange things happen to me during my sleep. At the time, I am aware of what is happening but it feels like a dream.

One night, I was deep in sleep when I felt a prodding in my back, and whatever it was kept... I'm not sure how to explain this... It just somehow made my body rock front to back... But without force. I was half asleep so therefore when I woke and remembered it in the morning; I put it down to a very strange dream. That was, until I saw the fingertip bruises on my back... This happened two or three times and never hurt.

The other 'dream/reality' is much freakier. I was falling into sleep, when I felt something brush my hand. It felt furry, and I assumed it was my dog. I was about to wake when I felt the next thing on my hand. I'm not entirely sure what it was, it felt like something had suddenly grabbed my hand. Hard, I must mention. Very hard. This stopped me from waking up. I didn't want to see whatever was causing it. Then, the hand grasp suddenly changed into what felt like... Like someone or something was grabbing onto my hand with its teeth. This was when I heard the loudest, piercing scream I have ever heard. My theory is that whatever it was, it transferred the scream into my head. If you read my previous story you would have read that I'm deaf and can only hear with hearing aids. I don't wear them at night.

The next morning, I yet again put it down for dreaming.

That was until I saw small, bruised teeth marks on my hand.

Other hauntings by eleanoranne

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eleanoranne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
[at] MaddyMasacar - Yeah. I joined up here a while ago and really enjoy giving advice whenever I can because I think it helps to give other people help when I can. Didnt really think of how often I show up in comments until you pointed it out though ๐Ÿ˜† but yeah, I have periods where I forget to check in though until like a few weeks later. ๐Ÿ˜œ Maybe I'll get more of a habit formed to checking in more often.

Peace
JustCurious

P.S.: The only part I can really think of that masacar could come from (putting the whole thought of your screen name together) would be from madagascar but not sure ๐Ÿ˜• just my first impression lol.
MaddyMasacar (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
[at] JustCurious

Wow I see you a lot around here, you are every where ๐Ÿ˜†

But yer I always hook my phone up to my comp or if its camera get my printer ๐Ÿ˜‰

๐Ÿ˜Š
From MaddyMasacar
P.s try to think of where the masacar bit came in on my name:D
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
[at] Maddymasacar - I didn't think of that. However the whole picture thing that was being discussed was about a picture that eleanoranne took.

Peace
JustCurious
MaddyMasacar (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
By the way
[at] Just curious

I connect my camera memory chip to my printer, if you get a printer you could hook it all up and post us a pic ๐Ÿ˜†
MaddyMasacar (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
Wow, really is this person or thing actually causing you pain, like in the dream do you feel it?

I would freak out a little but it is easy to make a cover up story (the bite mark, say your dog bit you whilst playing) My dogs growls at me anyway ๐Ÿ˜จ

Anyway to summerise, if it is not harming you but leaving bruises then get clensed and maybe baptised ๐Ÿ˜†

Sorry I shouldnt laugh but it is just me.:)

But if isn't painful, wait how old are you? If you are young like teen then it should go away but if you are older then maybe it is something haunting you.

I don't know... ๐Ÿ˜•

Just my opinion... <3 MaddyMasacar
eleanoranne (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
aiafaith1

I have spoken to my parents about it, they said that if it gets worse then we will get a priest in my room:) however I haven't spoken to anyone else. I think that they would think I'm crazy:/

Redphx

I agree. I just don't want to see what's causing it as I don't think it'll look nice:/
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
yup would've scared the flip out of me! I am a dreamer like you. In fact that is my alternate name people gave me because I have such crazy sleep scenarios. But literally that would have scarred me half to death! I think it was trying to get your attention because it tried three different types of pressure and texture on your hand. Finally got frustrated and screamed at you.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
ah alright. Yeah, each computer is different and will have different slots available. Hope your able to come across a cable soon! Would be interesting to see the picture

Peace
JustCurious
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Hi,
Your stories are very interesting. Especially since you're deaf and you've heard people call your name and have heard a scream! I'm sorry that you wake up to bruises. That is not good. Have you told anybody about this? If not, it might be the time to do so.
eleanoranne (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
JustCurious
I tried that earlier, we have a computer so I can't seem to find a slot and I've tried my phone (which is a also a computer) but that hasn't worked either. I'm going to keep the picture and try and buy a new cable:)

Dreamergal72
Ahh right:) yes I see what you're getting at, that is a possibility, thank you for your help:)
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Hi I am deaf too also wear hearing aids... I have no idea what it is that something there like maybe a Shape sheilfer or something not sure what it is also do what Deviousangel say and kendall and just curious three of them comment say and explain to you.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Does your camera have a memory card you can save them to? Some computers have a memory card slot and you can insert a memory card from a camera (depending on the size of the card) straight into a computer and transfer it that way

Peace
JustCurious
eleanoranne (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Thank you very much for your advice, it had really helped:) I have spoken to my parents, they have said that if it gets any worse or it starts hurting then we will go to the local priest. They have seen my bruises, and unfortunately I am unable to transfer my pictures to the computer, my camera cable seems to have gone walkies! Sorry: (
Kendall (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
This is really interesting, because often hauntings are not always physical, many times dreams can be a sign of the activity. I am sorry this has happened to you, it can be and is very frightening, you can in fact clense your room, or bring in a preist, but in some cases, if it is a demonic haunting, it may just grow angry and become more and more active, their main goals are to bring misery towards humans, but I am not jumping to the conclusion that this is a demonic haunt, it could be a number of things, try looking up history on where you live, talk to parents, close ones depending on you age, most won't believe you, that's just how it goes, but if I were you, I would try to definetly try to get some answers as to what this is.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Hello,

I would suggest doing a cleansing of your room. If you're religious you can have a priest or pastor bless your home. If not, you can burn sage incense or burn actual sage and spread the smoke throughout your house. Open the windows to let the smoke out after it permeates through each room.

If you continue to experience these, you may want to set up a camera in your room at night just to rule out any outside causes such as your dog, or if you might be hurting yourself in your sleep. If nothing else you might be able to catch evidence of whatever it is.

If you still have these bruises, you could also post a picture of them and some of our community members might have thoughts on what it could be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: