You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: How The Spirits Entertained Us At The Old Nick Theatre

Real Ghost Stories

How The Spirits Entertained Us At The Old Nick Theatre

 

What a night of paranormal activity, no superlatives can describe the amount of paranormal phenomena that occurred at the creepy Gainsborough Old Nick Theatre.

In the group séance at the start of the ghost hunt, everyone heard unexplained banging and tapping from within the main theatre room in which we were holding our group séance. We also witnessed light anomalies in the theatre room as well; all this was too much for one of our ghost hunters Jo, who quickly fled the room in a terrified state, however after a few minutes Jo bravely returned to the group vigil once more. Some of the ghost hunters claimed that they could here the theatre seats moving up and down also.

After we had all split into our four vigil groups the spirits certainly came out to entertain us at this former police station, the ghostly inhabitants left many of us astonished at the level of spooky happenings.

Anne Marie one of the sceptics to join us claimed to have been kicked on the shin, in one of the vigil areas in the Old Nick, Anne Marie stated at the end of the night that she had changed her opinion on the possibility of life after death. Another sceptic Nick was left stunned as the table tipped literally into his lap in the theatre room, in a session of table tipping.

Another group of ghost hunters swore they had heard heavy footsteps on the empty staircase, in the men's cells another group stared in disbelief as a light anomaly in the shape of a perfect circle, literally moved along the darkened cell wall from left to right, and simply vanished in front of their disbelieving eyes.

We also had some excellent results with the glass divination as well in many of the vigil areas, in one vigil a ghostly character called 'Don' made his presence known through glass divination, K2 spikes were produced on request in attempting spirit contact with the spirit world, this enthralled Tracey and her group in the women's cells, especially coupled with the aggressive tapping that almost lifted the table from off the floor.

However at the latter part of the ghost night, two groups were treated to a ferocious display of table tipping in the men's wing, Richard said that he had never observed such an astonishing sight in his life, but many of us who have had first-hand experience of table tipping, said, exactly the same too.

Alas as our time there came to a close, we all felt that it had been a privilege to have witnessed so much activity in one venue. As we said our goodbyes to the spirit world, we vowed to come back to The Gainsborough Old Nick Theatre and see if the spirits would delight us once more with their appearance.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
~Tosses an empty bottle of vodka into the trash can and picks up another one~
Cohendy - Ifnore washever you'se read from the main shtorie my friend!
~Gets a Rothmans out~ Do you'se haf a light?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Cohendy,

I said it before and I say it again now. WELCOME ABOARD the MISS DEMEANOR. (quick traffic check, looks right... Then left... Lights Amaretto/151 shot, drops it in beer mug...chugs...checks traffic again...)

Puff Bayram

(For entertainment purposes only... Attitude and Shenanigans do not IN ANY WAY represent the Management of this site, nor to they Condone any such poor judgment/bad behavior that may be portrayed by the Characters who 'Jump on for a Ride').
Cohendy (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Right, let's imagine for a moment that the ghosts in these famous haunted places have become so much accustomed to visitors expecting "action and emotion" that, to pass time during their earthbound eternity, they've polished their tricks, organised well orchestrated chains of events, had crew meetings in the basement at every full moon, to make sure that each room in the haunted was worth every penny of mind-blowingly exceptionnally strongly emotionally felt supernatural happenings. And then contacted haunting tours owners to arrange well-planned events.

Let's imagine that for a moment.

Then how the hell to they get paid? I mean, alive of dead you'd have to pay me to turn tables, kick people in the chin, or as in some previous story by SGN, drop a few intimate confessions of past love affairs into the hears of perfect strangers. With Sweets and rounds of applause (the Golden Fleece in york) ? Right.

This hunts even though they take place in extremely interesting places, just seem to play on carefully orchestrated scenarii to heighten the tension of credulous visitors and then surf on collective hysteria.

A good visit at Tussaud's museum might just do the trick, without having to disturb spirits.

*grabs another beer and requests a trip at the former Coventry White Friars Chapel, just to check if the hanged priests will grant us a tapdance performance*
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
There will be those who contribute song and others dance... But there is no need to do either. Welcome Aboard the Miss Demmeaner I am your Driver and Host... At least part time Host... Puff Bayram (alias used to protect the innocent 😲 who I'm I kidding once on the Bus no one is 'innocent').

It's hard to find a starting point with this one... I think it begins with the fact that Simply Ghost Nights doesn't merely 'Charge' for their 'adventures'. If you read these things... And research 'em on the 'web' they imply that activity is going to be experienced. I find that pretty presumptuousness of them. The 'Paranormal' world is not something that preforms 'on cue'. But they imply it will during one of their 'tours' to these wonderfully active haunted locations. Sorry, active 'Spirit Boards' and Table tipping are not scientific evidence... Nor are they even based on the scientific method, so to call it evidence... Complete and utter 'Crap' I say.

Puff Bayram
Cohendy (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
*grabs a Guiness and swiftly jumps aboard*

Well, that's quite a start for my first time here... Do we really have to sing songs (for your ears' sake, I'd better just listen to them) ?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Cohendy,

Welcome aboard the Miss Demeaner... Grab yourself a drink and kick back for a wild ride as we cover the points you mentioned and a few more.

Oh, and Jav dear... Flaming Dr. Pepper for me...

Puff Bayram
Cohendy (1 stories) (20 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
I've been reading quite a few (say a few hundreds...) stories on this website over the last couple of days, some of them where very interesting and well-documented, but, about this one, I'm wondering: What's the point? No background is given, it is just a mere description of events and mixed feelings, it's flying all over the place.

Having spent a few years in the UK and occasionally coming back to visit, I'd be eager to join one of these "hunts" you organize, but you don't make it look serious or even appealing. Basicaly, it just sounds like advertising your business, not stepping in deeply into the matter. Considering how interesting it could be, it's a wee-bit disappointing.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Gday Jav good to see you on board, am loving this well stocked bar!lol! Where is the rest of the crew? You know who you all are, come on roller skates and mankinis are on ladies and gents lol! 😆 😆

Cashew Waterside 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Da dada! Keep it slow! I'm right here!
~Jumps from the sidewalk to the bus in one leap~
AHA! Made it! Whew!
About time we got rolling again.
~heads toward to stairs to the bar~
Hey Puff, can I bring you anything?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Barkeep...that's one FOSTERS for Darkness and one... Well whatever adsouza is having. I gotta run up front and get this thing in gear... (Races forward, plops down in the driver seat... Grinds the gears a bit and then the Bus lurches forward...)

Quick now... No one wants to miss the fun do you? I'll go slow for a couple of blocks so people can still jump aboard...

Puff Bayram
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Puff Bayram,
I am in... Good way to start a Monday morning for me!
😉
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Im here Rook ready and pumping buddy, just seen your comment and thought I would mosy on over. Then I seen what story it was attached to. Lmao love your work mate! 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
"ALL ABOARD THE MISS DEMEANOR! DESTINATION, PARTS UNKNOWN! The Miss Demeanor is now boarding for a trip across some of the most 'DEBATED' STORIES ever submitted to this site. So climb aboard, grab a hand full of Skittles and Slide up to the Bar. The Disco Ball is Spinning, DJ Dead Head Fred is warming up the 'Bass Kickers and Turn Tables and the Bus is Fully Stocked and Ready to Roll. ALL ABOARD!

Puff Bayram
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Okay granny,
I'll finish the song as we drive. I'm putting it to 'King Herod's Song' from the Broadway musical (and movie of the same name) 'Jesus Christ Superstar'. You know the one...
"Soooo you are the Christ
Mr great Jesus Christ"
You know it's going to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day now, don't you? 😆
If you have anything you want to add granny, shoot me an email. I will put it in.

JN 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
This is one of their earlier submissions, before we came to our senses, and they were still slightly interesting...Shame, because I would really love to go to some of the places they mention, and they have inspired a Google quest or two 😆...

ALL ABOARD THE MISS DEMEANOR! DESTINATION: oh who cares, let's get this party started! 😆 😆
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Puff,
So here I am looking through past SGN's accounts for inspiration... And what do I find? Why, I do believe It's table tippimg time. I think Lou had different ideas here though. 😆 😆

JN
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Hello Simplyghostnights,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I never knwew that these sort of ghostly nights were organized! That sounds very interesting to me. It did have me think, your experience, of a movie I love: The others
I can believe that for those whom are sceptical towards the other world being a witness to what took place there did mean a turning point to them.

Greetings,
Peter
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
I think we may have different definitions of "ghost hunter." When I hear the term ghost hunters, I picture a group of people with cameras, video recorders, DVRs, out to be as scientific as they can possibly be. People trying to get solid, undeniable evidence.
I believe we have different definitions of ghost hunt
In What Went Bang in the Night, you describe Simply Ghost Nights as a "ghost hunting event company." You use the same description in Evidence of Spirit Communication That Will Amaze You. To me, this makes your group sound like a ghost tour company. So, I looked at your website. Started sounding even more like a ghost tour company. I held some hope until I looked at your photo gallery. Not much in the way of photographic evidence there. Lots of table tipping, but not so much as an orb. Just a suggestion, but a few less pictures of table tipping, a few more pictures of ghostly activity, orbs, ectoplasm, anything, and some EVPs would be more convincing.
This is probably just one of those times where UK English and US English have different meanings. Your UK ghost hunt looks to me like a US ghost tour. It just doesn't fit in with my concept of a scientific approach. Not trying to be difficult, just saying that your approach to a ghost hunt wouldn't convince me of paranormal activity.
Feel free to call me a meanie poo head.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
Simply,
What is glass divination? What the heck is table-tipping? Do you get drunk and sneak up on them in the pasture and tip them over before they wake up?

Maybe it was the ghosts of Ren and Stimpy.

Lou
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
What a great night, indeed! I am very envious of you. All of my experiences have been random and few. In past comments I noted that in dwellings which have many past inhabitants, the likelihood of paranormal phenomena seems increased. As an investigator, would you agree? My curiosity was peaked when I noticed that many of the stories with the most intense activities being posted here are set in hotels, apartment buildings,etc.Have your investigations in these types of dwellings proven to be more active?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: