You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Eight Years In That House

Real Ghost Stories

Eight Years In That House

 

Before I moved to Kansas, I used to live in Alabama. My grandparent's house was really strange, even though they ended up living there for eight years. I can still remember it perfectly, when you walked in the house you walked into the living room and if you looked to your left there was a hallway. Off of the hallway were two bedrooms on the right, a bathroom and another bedroom on the left. If you came out of the hallway you walked into the kitchen, then the dining room, then a door that opened up to stairs that led to the basement.

Well, anyway some weird stuff started to happen. First, my uncle was home alone. He said that he walked into the kitchen to get some water and everything seemed perfectly fine, so he went back to his room. When he went back into the kitchen to put the glass in the sink, he was scared. All the blinds were up and my grandmother's bird, Priscilla was dead.

Second, my mom told me one day we were sitting outside (I was about two at the time) and I started talking to nothing. My mom said she looked up and saw what seemed to be a pair of feet that she could see through, she was scared because she didn't see anything else, so she ran over to me and took me inside.

Third, my grandmother was down in the basement doing laundry and she saw what also seemed to be a pair of feet, (she didn't look up to see who it was.) She thought it was my grandfather. So anyways she handed the basket of clothes to "my grandfather" thinking it was him, when she looked up there was no one there.

We found out that two older people, a man and woman, both died in the house. I thought that this was an excellent story to share on the site! Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Chica22

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chica22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HAWKSWIFEY (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Hey I've experienced some of the craziest things as well. I will be moving to Kansas within the next few weeks 😕 lol. I was hoping to find someone who is willing to go ghost hunting with me since my husband is not having it! Ha, if your intrested drop me a line
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
taz890: Thanks for your comment! If anymore stories come up, I will be sure to share!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
nice story there chicca and all the possible questions covered 😊
Keep posting if you got more
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
looney85: You're welcome! 😊 If I find anything else out, I will be sure to share!

JustCurious: Okay, thanks for the comment!

Lilady4: I was wondering the same thing about the bird, the feet thing kind of scared me when my mom told me.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Great story here Chica22! That is really weird with the feet thing. And it is weird that the bird just died, I wonder what caused it? (to die, I mean).
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Interesting story!

Thanks for clearing the whole basket situation. Lol
Im sad for the birdie! If any other story regarding this encounters come up, please keep us posted!

Thanks for sharing!

Looney 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
[at] Chica22 - then id have to say that since they died from natural causes/old age that if they are the spirits in that place that they are probably not going to cause anyone harm. Probably just going to hang around and keep an eye on the place.

However that may change if someone tries to remodel the house.

Peace
JustCurious
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
DeviousAngel: Yes he came back and the bird was just dead, lying there on its back. I asked him and he was for sure that the blinds were down the first time and then up when he came back in.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Lou took the words right out of my mouth. My first question was, what happened to the basket? Was the bird just bam, suddenly dead? Is your grandfather sure the blinds weren't open before, and maybe a predatorial bird flew by the window thinking it could get to your grandmother's bird and scared the poor thing to death?

Very strange happenings indeed... The whole feet thing sure is creepy. Reminds me of a video game called Fatal Frame.
Chica22 (15 stories) (44 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
LouSlips and Javelina: Haha, I'm sorry! The basket filled with laundry did not drop to the floor. My grandmother went to hand it to whom she thought it was my grandfather but when she looked up there was no one there, she kept it the whole time! 😆

JustCurious: They just died of natural causes, old age.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Aaaw! Lou beat me to it! Chicca, you do realize you left the laundry just hanging there, right? 😆
It's a real good story Chicca, I like reading your stuff, but who ended up with the laundry basket? 😕
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
That was an interesting story. Was there any note of how they died? Like was it deaths from a natural cause or was it a violent crime that caused it?

Peace
JustCurious.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
"So anyways she handed the basket of clothes to my grandfather"

Who took the basket? Did it fall to the ground, was it hovering in mid-air, or did it disappear with the feet?

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: