You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: TV Gone Crazy

Real Ghost Stories

TV Gone Crazy

 

About a month ago, my husband, daughter and I decided to spend a week at my mother's as it's closer to our workplace. We had an ongoing project and were putting in late hours, so it was easier to crash at mom's place after a tiring day. On one such night, we came home at 11:00pm, sat talking for a bit and had our dinner. My daughter and husband slept quickly.

My favorite show was on and I decided that I'd sleep after watching it, when suddenly, the pop up menu for the color and contrast adjustments opened and the color adjustment button went from 1-100 and vice versa, repeatedly. My tv just went static. I just stared at the tv, not knowing what was going on . I figured, since the cables of the tv in the hall and my parent's room were connected, they must be making adjustments. Nevertheless, I got up and headed for their room just to be sure. They were asleep. In fact, sound asleep, and the tv was not on. I headed hurriedly back to the hall but the pop up had disappeared. Disturbed, I settled to watch the show again, when the pop up came on again. Ahh I thought, maybe I was sitting on the remote, lifted my behind, but no remote. I remembered that I had placed it over the tv, so that my daughter could not reach it. So what was happening on my tv screen? Ghosts? Very calmly and in a stern voice, I said , whoever you are, please leave as you are scaring me. In a second, the pop up disappeared and my show was back on. I can't explain this... can anyone?

Other hauntings by miiish

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

natedog101 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-25)
i have read a lot of stories it is a ghost in my mind it is what a ghost dos from time to time you got to rember it thinks it is still alive and it is its house
witchgirl2010 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
I have been reading your story and have had similar things happen to me. My tv turns on and off by its self and the menu goes and off. After some investigating and trying to not go crazy. I forund out that my neighbors had the same type of tv as me and theyre remote worked on my tv. Every time they turned on their tv mine would go on or off as well.
Kayla101 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
Honestly, I think you might have a child ghost/spirit. (If any) But, then again, it could just be the T.V. Doing unusual things.
Now, this hasn't happened to me, but, our old T.V. Got messed with by 2 babies, and the T.V. Did things on it's own sometimes. It seems a little creepy at first, but then again, no one ever said life COULDN'T be a little spooky at times! 😉 Then again, you did tell whatever/whoever it was to leave, so it could have been a deceased family member, wanting to stop by!

Best of luck!

~Kayla101 ❤ ❤
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
hey DUnknown, thanks for stopping by! Yes, it is the same pop up that the TV has and can be done manually!
Cheers ~
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-15)
hello miiish! Good day to you. I also live here in uae and I think that pop-up adjustment was done by your cable connection (that is in my own opinion and that is if you have cable). Is it the same pop-up menu as your television have when you try manually? Please feel free to response. Thanks! God bless ❤
ozonalions (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
Crazy! That happened to me before! So I guess we are alike? Well... You are sooo not faking. This is sooooooo true.

I believe you!

Lauren ❤ ❤
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-22)
Thank you all for you wonderful comments. Belissima thank you so much for believeing me. I am open to other suggestions, like its said on the Ghost Hunters when you take away the obvious, and still left with something it can safely be paranormal : )I do want to mention however, my TV at the time of this story was not old, technical diffculties, I can't say as I'm not a technical person, but logic would have it happen more than just once don't you think ? Other that my little one who does not play with remote control cars, and my younger brother who is 27, nah no kids with any sort of devices that would interfere.

Thank you all again ! ❤
GhostLuverrr90 (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-11)
that happened to me before but I wasn't scared because my t.v. Was really old so I'm not sure... If your t.v. Was old then probaly difficulties but if it was brandnew then I would have to say a spirit
abdulnafees (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-09)
not a ghost as I think... Some techincal fault with your T.V or else someone pretend to be asleep and did the adjustment.

Thanks for sharing anywayz
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
I was just wondering what rebecca meant when she said she could do better? I wasn't aware we had any kind of contest going on. Miiish shared a really good story with us and I for one appreciate her sharing it with us. I also think she's a credible person. Miiish, you just got 'punked' from the other side! 😁
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
i have had something like this happen to me and there was no reason but you have to make sure that there isn't anything that is interfereing like my brother has a remote control police car with sirens and stuff and all the time when left on it would turn on and move alil bit and stop then we realised it was picking radio sigals now I might be irrational but I don't like tvs that are off scare me for some reason I get a evil feeling from them sorta like someone is in there and I can symperthise (sorry can't spell does anyone else have that feeling?
Melissa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-19)
wow I had a very similar experience! I was about 16 and I had this tv for about 3 years at the time, one thing I didn't like about it was there was no sleep timer which I like since I sleep wiht the tv on. Anyway one night I was on the bed reading homework and the tv was on as usual and I stopped to watch for some reason, and I saw these green letters pop up that said good night and the tv promptly shut off. Just like I have seen on other tv's that have sleep timers... So I got excited and thought I DID have a sleep timer and accidentailly set it or something. I checked the remote and the tv buttons pulled out the manual again sure enough no sleep timer... It never happened again and I wonder if have to tell myself I imagined it but I know I was real. One other time years later when I lived on my own, same tv, turned on and changed the channel and turned the volume ALL the way up, while I was inn another room. Those two times were the only, later I gave the tv to my stepson and eventually it broke but he used to tell me he was afraid of things coming out of the tv when it was off (I figure that is just normal he was about 6yrs old at the time). I am glad to hear there are other people who have had similar experiences...
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-20)
Hi Rebecca, no it wasnt a figment of my imagination & yes this is a REAL story. Besides U R entitled to your opinion. Thank U for dropping by.
rebbeca (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
it was pretty good but I could do bettera and I was wondering if this was a real story or a firment of your imagination?
CenterCore (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
Oh, yeah.... I can. See, I think ghosts are secretly more afraid of us than we are of them. I think they do these things hoping to send us a message of some kind, as it's so hard for them to physically materialize. Actually......... Obviously it must be easier for some than others. Be sure to post more as it comes up. Peace.

- Core :)
Ratterrier68 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-21)
Hmmm I really don't know what it was but it could of veary well been a ghost.

p.s if you want you can comment on my ghost story it's call "Little girl That Walks The House."

thanx and if you ever experience anything else just say. :)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: