You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Chocolate

Real Ghost Stories

Chocolate

 

It was exactly 12:47 at night, and I was trying to fall asleep. I was a vulnerable and gullible 3 year old at the time, so I didn't exactly know it was wrong to follow strangers, especially if they were luring me with a hershey bar my most favorite candy at the time. Well, I heard someone say "Jessica, Jessie, come here I have a surprise! Jessie, come down, I have something for you..." it was coming from downstairs from the den. It sounded exactly like my neighbor, miss cassie.

I was only 3 so I wasn't thinking about how they got in. I then got out of bed and went to the den and a woman, not miss cassie, was standing there holding out a chocolate bar. At first, she was beautiful, saying "come on, its ok, just chocolate. Take it. Eat it. Come on its ok I don't bite..." Then, I stood there just staring at her. She got frustrated that I wouldn't take the chocolate, turned hideous, like a person who was taken out of their casket after 5 years underground, and charged, I screamed and ran upstairs to my mom's room. She calmed me down, and to this day doesn't believe me on what happened.

And also to this day, I distinctly remember that experience and flinch when someone farther away calls my name for me to come to them. Also, now I hate hershey bars.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, music_is_my_soul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
Must hold back... Must hold back... Must hold... Ah the heck with it...

Lexi loo (is your last name who?),

I would have thought a Mother of 3, the oldest of which is 5, would know that sentences begin with Capitlized letters and end with punctuation.

I also wonder why you feel you had to dredge up a 'story' that is 7 years old... Was it only to tell us that your 5 year old can not tell time therefore the O/P at age 3 could not possibly tell time so this 'story' is just that a story?

There is a wee bit more that makes me question the 'facts' concerning this OLD TALE. Please read some of the newest submissions, a fresh look and insight on some of them may be helpful.

(No offence meant... But I am at the end of a twelve hour shift and have had ZERO Caffeine to see me through it.)

Respectflly,

Rook
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
id also like to say I have 3 kids 3...4 and 5 and even my 5 year old can't tell time
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
how would you be able to tell what time it was at 3 year old... After reading that first sentance I was a bit skeptical of your story
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
An interest-catching story.
The frustration and morphing clearly revealed a supernatural source.
What happened to your taste for chocolate seems quite logical under the circumstances described!
chocolate101 (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
Ive always had a vision of the chocolate being just an illusion. Thank you for commenting.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Hi chocolate101. It's hard to believe that a child SO young can remember things. However, in certain cases, this one included, children are affected by something so much that it's like the memory is burned in the brain forever. If that were me as an adult I would have been terrified, but as a child of three years old, I can't even imagine. I, too, wonder what would have happened if you took the chocolate. Thanks for sharing your story.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
It's a good thing you didn't take the chocolate! Was it an actual Hershey bar?
seraphim (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-06)
That must have been very scary for you; I wonder what would have happened if you had taken the chocolate?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
Thank you for sharing you story. How vivid of a memory for a small child, it must have had a profound effect on you.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
That's creepy but I think I would of just took the chocolate and ran as fast as I could and start screaming running round the house.
chocolate101 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
i have had a lot of paranormal expieriences. And one very odd one comes to mind- I just submitted a story on it to the website, although it may seem confusing for my expierience was Verrrrry confusing. In the happening, a waitress kept coming by my boyfriends and my table on a cruiseship and every time she did my boyfriend started acting funny- and mean. And then out of the blue, while that waitress was serving us desert, he charged back to our room. I went after him to discover he had commited suicucide. I was and still am very distrought. I did some reasearch about the ship we were staying on to see if any thing bad happened there. (we already had a waitress for our table, and that odd waitress kept coming to our table any way- and only our table). (so I had a hunch about her.) I knew that sometimes an entity stays at the scene where they were murdered, if they were, (and of course, where they were murdered while in a human body.) so I found out that a waitress muredered herself exactly where our table was just 6 months earlier. SO , I suspect my boyfriend murdered himself because the waitress entity wanted to dump some of her shame from committing suicide on him so she wasn't the only one to feel shameful. Entitys can do odd things sometimes.
windsong (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Wow. What a thing to happen, especially to a three-year-old! Personally, I wouldn't have known what to do.
I've heard that ghosts have the ability to sound like people (normally people you know), and they can detect your name as well.
I have never had an experience quite so vivid, but young children seem to have a better ability to detect spirits and are more vulnerable to them. My experiences have been in more recent years, probably because of the fact that I'm staying up later now since it's summer and I'm getting older.
Thanks for commenting on my experience and for believing me.

There are spirits everywhere and I've never wanted to go to a place that's famous for being haunted simply because I don't have to. My own home is haunted. Practically the whole earth is haunted. Where there's history, there are spirits.
I think I'm lucky, though. I've never felt threatened by whatever kind of presence or presences are in my house.
You sound like the kind of person that might have a history with hauntings and spirits and whatnot. Have you had more experiences?
chocolate101 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-10)
also, if any of you wish to ask me questions, or need advice on a paranormal expieierience youve had, please feel free to e-mail me at free2becookoo [at] hotmail.com...I check it frequently, and promise I will respond within 5 days, mostlikly less.
chocolate101 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-10)
thank you, BaD, I am a roade scholar now, like will smith. That was very kind of you to say.
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
Man, I don't know if I would have ran. I probably would have taken the chocolate. Unlike me, you my friend are obviously extreamly smart.
chocolate101 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-09)
thanks for the comments... Theyre very sweet and relative to my thougts. Is the movie you were thinking of tmetsfan31 the one were the ugly ghost sexually assults the man? And abby, the comment you put is very thoughtful and well thought out. Thanks all for enjoying my story!
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-06)
Dear Jessica,
I think that this person might actually have been someone who knew you, and was trying to show you (as abby stated) an early lesson in good and evil. Now about the part about her turning ugly, that reminds me of a movie I saw, so I'm sorry but I cracked up. But I'm suer it was scary for you. Word of advice. Next time you hear some one calling you form your den, go down with a bat. Haha
Tmetsfan31 AKA Tanis
Tmetsfan31 [at] aim.com for any questions.
p.s: the movie was Scary Movie 2
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-06)
Dear Jessica,

Hmmmm,...all I can say is your lesson about good and evil began at an early age. I would say you chose correctly if she did not come back again.

I too, do not like some things, but they were not as a result of a ghost or entity scare, but from actual real, living, naughty human beings.

Your story and experience is actually a great lesson with many facets,... Like don't accept candy from strangers, and don't trust a person just because they show up in your den looking beautiful, beauty is only skin deep and ugly is to the bone of some souls whether they are alive or dead, choose carefully between what you believe to be wrong or right for you, not all that appears to be, is as what it seems and so on and so forth.

Good lesson and symbolic story. Even chocolate though sweet, can also be bitter. Her(e)...shey's kisses to you, Abby
Sorcha (59 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-05)
That is very Creepy!
I wonder what would have happened if you took the chocolate.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: