You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: He Said My Name

Real Ghost Stories

He Said My Name

 

I have always had something with the paranormal around me. When I was a child my sister and I would lie in bed at night and watch these figures go through our parents' bedroom. They never did anything, they were just there. As an adult, I have had things happen like lights turn on and my dog bark for no reason at the wall.

First of all, I have to say that most people have heard something like a noise, but you usually just stop what you are doing and listen again to see if you hear it again...well, this story is NOT like that! What I heard was as plain as day, as if someone was really there.

This story happened in the latter part of January 2011. I had just come home from the gym to my apartment. My husband was at school and so it was just me and the dog. There was no T.V. On, no radio on, nothing was on including the heat. I was standing in the kitchen making tuna salad and all of the sudden over my left shoulder directly in my ear; a male's voice said my name. It said it so clearly and distinctly that I jumped as if a real person did it and I screamed (startled) and turned around to see no one. I immediately ran out the front door, which is in the kitchen, and stood between the outside and inside with my foot in the door crying, a lot. I just kept saying "no, no, no," because I have had a feeling that something was in my apartment before, but now I had this proof that something was there.

The weird thing is that my name is Erica, and the male's voice said my name in 3 syllables. ER-I-CA, while I say my name in 2 syllables, ER-CA (AIR-CA). Right then I double checked outside to see if my husband's car was outside, but it was not. So, I checked the house and nothing was there. I was extremely scared and could not stop crying, so I went and got my husband's cross necklace and my Bible and sat on the couch and prayed. I have not had anything else like that happen to me since then, but I always feel as though I am being watched, even in my sleep. I wake up sometimes and have this overwhelming feeling that someone was over me watching me sleep.

I am not sure if this is something that I should be worried about or what. If anyone has advice, please let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, always-with-me, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mossycat101 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Okay, I can think of a lot of things that this could mean, but this is what keeps popping back into my mind,
This spirit most likely knew someone named Erica and she pronounced her name in 3 sylables and maybe you look just a little bit like her. Maybe that Erica had the same eye of hair color as you. I don't know.
You don't have to believe me because I'm probably wrong, it's just a guess and it just seems logical to me.
Azu-Meow123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
hi,
something like this has happened to me aswell. It was about 6 years ago, it was late at night and I was awakened by a calling of my name. It was loud and it was a mans voice it startled me and I looked around but all I saw was darkness so I tried to sleep then I heard it again but no one was there. I was extremely scared I could even hear my heart pounding fast almost wanting to explode out of my chest.
I closed my eyes and cover myself from head to toes. But then asked my aunt if could sleep with her and she said yeah. And the next day I told my famaly what happened and no one belived me. They thought I was crazy. But anywayz, that was the last time that ever happened to me. Now, if I ever get a feeling that something is going to happen I pray and the bad feeling goes away. 😊
always-with-me (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-10)
Thank you everyone for your feedback on this. As far as the feeling I have in my apartment, I do not feel as if this ghost is evil. I think it just wants to be here.
Something else happened just Friday (4-8-11), I was sitting in my living room, just me and dog, my husband was at work. My birthday was the 5th so I had 4 helium balloons in my house. 1 balloon was in my bedroom which I could see from where I was sitting and 3 balloons were in the living room on the right side. All of the sudden, 1 balloon started moving across the living room right in front of my eyes.
I just watched it and remembered thinking "I wonder where that balloon is going?" Anyways, it turned right toward the guest bedroom, but in order to get into the room the balloon had to duck down below a ledge in the ceiling, and it did then it went through a small hallway and into the guest bedroom and turned left. I just sat in awe and watched it. Of course my dog was freaking out and barking, but I just got up and went into the room to see where it went. I just went to the left in the bedroom and stopped over our desk. So, I just went back into the living room and sat back down, then the balloon started coming back out of the room then went back in.
It was really weird, but I just think now it just wants to play. I asked it to stop and the balloon has not moved since then. I do not really feel threatened by it, just scared of the unknown like everyone has said.
To TAZ890, I do talk to the ghost and tell it not to scare me, but I have never talked to it before I go to bed. Last night I told it to stop scaring me and that it could sleep in the guest room. I also told it that I didn't mind living with it as long as it would stop scaring me. I hope this works, I can only wait and see. Thank you everyone for your feedback, just let me know what you think about the balloon incident, please. Thank you! Erica
MaddyMasacar (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-03)
Wow, the little things are what scare the be-jebus out of me. I like your name 😁

If it has been going on your whole life than maybe it goes back a while (e.g great grandpa made deal or something is haunting your family) Ask your parents to see if it happened to them and if so go to any remaining grandparents, find out what side of the family it comes from.

Thats all I can muster in advice, could be a family thing or just completely random (I thought it was family thing because you said you sister saw it too.) 😨

Anyway I hope I helped a little
❤ MaddyMasacar
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-03)
What happened to you, always-with-me, used to happen to me all the time. The calling out of ones name when no other person is there has always bewildered and interested me.

I'm not sure what to make of this and sadly have no advice since I am a novice in this area.

Still, after hearing my own named called to me, things soon went from bad to worse. This might not be the case for you, but if you have felt something was wrong with the apartment before this incident, perhaps it would be wise to at least tune in a bit more as to your surroundings and see if there aren't other things that are going on you may have failed to notice.

I really hope this is a one-time thing and that, in the end, you're left free from worry or fear.
Aurora95 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
I know how you feel. The same thing happened to my best friend when she was in bed. One evening she asked me if I could come over to her house and stay the night because she felt "uneasy" in her house, while her boyfriend was away. I went over and we had a great evening watching a few movies. We stayed up late and then she went to bed and I took a shower. I heard her scream as soon as I got under the shower in the guest bathroom upstairs. She came in the bathroom pale as a ghost and asked me if I had came in her bedroom playing a joke on her by calling her name in a deep voice. I'm a female with a light toned voice, and I was in the shower, so she immediately understood how absurd the question was and she began to shake and cry. She said that someone had come in her bedroom and called her name in the dark. I thought she was just a bit nervous because she's used to sleeping beside her boyfriend. I told her that if she wanted, I would sleep beside of her if it would help calm her fears. I finished the shower and we went to bed. However, as soon as I was ready to turn off the light, I saw a huge black shadow move across the wall as if a man was walking in front of the bedside lamps, while we were both in bed. We slept with the lights on the whole night. Then, we went out shopping the next day and when I took her home, we returned to find every light and electronic device in the house on with no and there was no one in the house. She finally left that house after a year of crazy things happening and hasn't had any problems since leaving the house. I hope you never have to experience that again, and try to find out about the history of the house.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
redphx - I'd laugh, but I'm guilty too. Seems you found out what was going on pretty quickly though! Happy April Fool's Day!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
Ok Have I gone insane? Does the word demonic appear to be clownic to anyone else? And demon says clown and demons clowns? I am re-reading some posts and they are not appearing right
thesupernaturalwhiz (1 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
MarioChavez, you really are imposing your religion more than necessary.
Also, not every haunting is a demonic possession, especially not such a seemingly innocent one. Actually, in my opinion, they rarely are.

This honestly seems like a harmless spirit just trying to catch your attention. If it feels malevolent then you should purify your apartment... Don't however mistake being scared as the entity seeming evil. Of course you'll be scared. Humans tend to fear the unknown. But unless you feel like the spirit is trying to hurt you, I'd leave it be. It doesn't seem to be doing anything bad.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
WTF is a demonic probe? I think that is a made up term. It sounds to me like you have a ghost and he was just trying to get your attention. It is very hard for ghosts to create energy to form a noise. I think it used a lot of energy to say your name and thus said it clearly in those fragments so you would for sure hear him. I don't think he is bad at all. Just trying to let you know he was there. Next time ask him not to startle you.
JimD (431 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Hi;

Well, maybe nothing; not enough info., but assuming you're correct, it may be the beginnings of of a demonic probe or infestation. Again, I'm not sure, but should it persist, my counsel would be Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night... You mentioned a Cross, so I counsel using the phrase "Jesus and Mary help me". That's my input; I hope it helps. God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+6
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
MarioChavez: Those aren't my words, they're the webmaster's...You don't know my religious views, so please, don't even go there... Follow the guidelines, and we won't have a problem...
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
always with me: The spirit activity that you described sounds very similar to mine. I have had heard spirit right in my ears, but now it is not uncomfortable as it was before (I have just gotten used to it now). Unless this spirit feels negative (energy), you could bless your house and ask for protection (whatever belief you see fit). I do agree with Taz on this one (cleanse your house, tell spirit to leave your room/house).
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

This comment from MarioChavez is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
MarioChavez: Here is a paragraph from the "Comments Guidelines" I think you may have missed the last time I asked you read them:

"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact."

Thank you for understanding...
MarioChavez (11 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
You should try and ignore the external phenomenon which is occuring around you and also take proper and immediate action to rid yourself of it. This would involve prayer, preferably the Rosary, and getting into the right state with God spiritually, through the traditional Catholic Faith. Please listen to the following audio entitled "A case of demonic possession", which explains many important truths regarding this subject matter. You can also have your questions answered by the individuals who run the website by e-mailing or calling them directly. The following link will take you to the audio section of the website, while the one you want is located under the "Newest Programs" heading.

Http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/Traditional_Catholic_Audios.php
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
hi there firstly thanks for posting.
Now a question have you mentioned this to your husband and if so what did he say about it?
Personaly I don't think you have anything to worry about, yes it would have been frightening to have your name called when alone but I do think that most spirits just want to feel that they are noticed.
You say it has only spoken once your reaction would have shown him that you were not ready to chat with him and that's why he has not done it again.

Most spirits if they can will try to interact with the living in many ways but when they realise that its frightening will stop if asked, now with the feeling of being watched while asleep before you go to bed politly ask the spirit not to enter your room as you don't like the feeling it gives you to be watched.

Do this every night and make sure that you also thank him before you go to sleep and if you don't get the feelings thank him again in the morning too.
This little bit of interaction should be all that is needed but if it does carry on be firm with him telling him to stop doing it.

If you feel you can't deal with the spirit there at all then try a cleansing or as you say you are religious call in a member of your church to help him cross over.

Hope you find this helpful, please keep this post up~dated
Carl
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
always-with-me - I think we need to establish a few things here first, okay? Have you lost a male member of your family or a male friend? It doesn't have to be recently. And the friend doesn't even have to be a close friend, maybe an acquaintance. If so, this might explain who this male presence is.

Now, do you feel anything bad from him? Other than being scared to death, I mean? That's a natural reaction, by the way. It doesn't mean he's bad, just because he scared you. Fear of the unknown is normal. Especially when someone calls your name and there is no one but you there. When he said your name, did you get any bad feelings from it or was it just in a normal voice?

Have you seen or heard anything from him since you submitted this story or has your husband? All questions, I know, but it helps to have all the information when trying to offer assistance. Sometimes the littlest thing, something you wouldn't think is important, might be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: