You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Think I Have A Guardian Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

I Think I Have A Guardian Ghost

 

Alright, well, I suppose I better begin.

When I was little, only about four, when I went to bed I would wake up in the middle of the night. Not because of noises or any of that, I just... Woke up. But I remember always looking up and seeing a dark figure leaning above me, like a silhouette... Its outlines were white, sometimes some other mixed colours. But for some reason, I was never afraid of it. I would watch it until I went back to sleep, and in the morning it was gone. I know it couldn't have been my parents because there was at least a little light coming from the bathroom that would have made it able to see their face...no, this person was completely black, the only thing I could see out of it was the outlines. I'm not sure, but I think it was a male, and I have reason to believe it was a spirit.

Then I have other memories from my childhood as well, some murky and hard to remember, others vivid as if it were yesterday. One of the clearer ones was from when I was 11, playing a game on my Gameboy in my room. It was about sunset, and it was winter. So, naturally my room was a little chilly. But after playing it for about an hour, after the sun had gone under the horizon, I remember getting extremely cold. Ignoring it, I just wrapped up in my blankets and continued. But suddenly, the cold felt like it was sinking into the blanket itself. I started getting nervous, and I shut off the Gameboy, planning to go into the living room to warm up. But when I turned to get off the bed, I noticed a dark shape in the corner. It felt like it was looking directly at me, even if it didn't have a distinct shape and I couldn't tell what it was. Scared, I stayed rooted to the spot, terrified at this unusual thing in my room. I could only see it out of the side of my vision, so I looked at the door, deciding whether to leave or not. Then it started to move toward me, slowly at first, and then it started getting closer. I remember it was so cold my feet started going numb... That wasn't normal at all. I could almost feel the cold seeping into my skin, and a feeling of dread was present as well. I was about to run for it, when suddenly I felt warmth again. Looking in the direction I felt it come from, I could see a human figure, similar to the one I saw all those years ago. It moved towards the dark mass in the corner, and suddenly they both disappeared. I felt warmth flood my body once again, and I ran out the door and hid on my couch for the rest of the night.

After many experiences similar to this, I have come to the conclusion that I might have a guardian ghost. Not a guardian angel, no...I've researched on that, and this seems different then what I've found about angels. This one is... Different than anything I've read about. So, can anyone help me with this? If you do know something, don't hesitate to comment. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RadioZombie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Elaina28 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
If you lived in the same house, and still had the same dark figure appear, then your guardian ghost could be possible.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
I agree with BadJuuJuu and taz890 on this one. This spirit sounds like a Protecter Spirit. Maybe the spirit of a deceased Family Member. E.g My Great-Grandmother has kind of taken on the role of protecter since she died last year. But this other spirit (the one you experienced with your Gameboy) sounds like a different one as you said yo felt scared by this one (whereas you didn't feel scared/threatned with the first spirit). Our instincts are there for a reason, so trust them (your instincts).
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
hi there radiozombie bad juujuu beat me to it
I totaly agree it is more than likely a passed on member of your family watching over you and protecting you.
This might sound real strange but thank them for the protection and let them know you are willing to accept there pressence.
You are very lucky to have this happen and get the chance to see the guardian with you.
Thanks for sharing 😊
Carl
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Deceased family members can take on the role of protector. Could be a relative who passed when you were very young, possibly even before your birth. That's what my guess would be, that this is a family member.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: