You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: My Dog, an Old Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Dog, an Old Friend

 

A few years back, I had a wonderful pet dog. She was a black lab and a very good and loyal friend. If I was sad, she would lay next to me and comfort me. I never felt scared when she was around.

Then, at the age of 14 (very old for a dog), she died. I was so lonely after that. I didn't quite know how I was going to cope with it. Everything seemed so hopeless. I would think back to the day when she walked right in the door, a stray. She just walked right into my life, now it seemed as if she had just walked out.

Then one day, while I was thinking about her, I had this weird feeling that she was still here. It felt as if she was waiting at the door to come in. I figured that it was just me wanting her to be here that made me feel like this. I tried to brush it off, but I couldn't. The feeling was just too strong.

So I got up and went to the big, sliding glass door and peered outside. I saw nothing. There wasn't even a rustle of leaves from the wind to liven it up out there. All seemed dead. I felt disappointed inside. But I still felt like she was there. So I opened the door anyway. Then, to my joy and amazement, a huge breeze of cool air swept into the room. It was her coming in. I felt happy and sad at the same time. I was able to get over the loss after this. I guess she was there to comfort me after all. She found a way.

Other hauntings by cozard271

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Italy

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cozard271, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-14)
I believe that she was letting you know not to be sad, that she is still around around you, even if you can't see or hear her. She was letting you know that she was okay and that she was happy and also telling you bye one last time. I believe she is still around you, and she will always be with you when you are scared or depressed. When ever you are feeling sad just remember the happy things you done together.
Thanks for sharing and sorry for the late comment. 😊
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
I think that She did came to say goodbye. I think this is a sweet story but very sad. Have a good day. TOODLES

Katona1700s ❤
ariokage (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-08)
how sweet and nice! There always a sign of hope and goodwill and there was yours :) I hope all is well. Many blessings

~lea
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-06)
My dog used to put his face in the window when he was alive. So when he died, every once in a while, you would see his face in the window.
Tmetsfan31 (3 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-06)
Awww...thats so cute. I wrote a story like that too, but it hasn't been published yet. I think it was nice that you dog came to show you love, to let you know that it is ok.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-06)
Dear cozard,

Whether they are dogs or humans who have crossed over, in my opinion, they do always find a way to contact those they loved. In your case, you received your message. Messages are always in coming, the living just need to listen, observe and look for them. In other words, slow down and take time to read between the lines of daily life rush and chatter. Dogs (animals) know how to do this, as well as how to love unconditionally.

Nice story. Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: