You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Midnight Son

Real Ghost Stories

Midnight Son

 

We lived in a small house in central Illinois that was not too old. About 50 years old. We have heard, sensed, seen and felt a variety of spirit or ghost energies. One specifically comes to mind as most strange.

My husband and I had gone to bed around 2am. A short while later I awoke with the call of nature. I got up, threw a robe on and opened my bedroom door. What appeared to be my 9 year old son passed soundlessly in front of me.

I asked him if he could wait a minute as I really needed to use the restroom. He didn't respond. I asked a few more times. He still didn't respond. I reached my hand out to touch his shoulder and couldn't quite reach him.

We walked through our living room and as he neared the kitchen, the fridge being just to the left of him, he turned and looked at me. However the "thing" had no eyes. Just black empty sockets where his soft blue eyes should have been. (I didn't realize what I had experienced until the next day.)

I continued following around the fridge and in to our very small bathroom. No one was in there. The room was ice cold. I attended my needs, but began hearing a strange mumbled-growl sound coming from my kitchen.

I hurried back to bed and fell asleep quickly. The next morning when I shared the story with my husband I recalled that the 75 gallon fish tank that was in our living room was not lit. We always kept it lit for our kids to see to the restroom. Also the water was very murky.

We have heard people explain that spirits or ghosts can draw energy from lights and murky or dirty water. We and several others believe that this may have been an energy called a Doppelganger. Which a Doppelganger is a spirit, ghost or energy that can copy nearly all of another energies features. Usually a Doppelganger cannot copy the facial features or appearance of the other energy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Afterliferesearch, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
I think you're a bit confused about what a doppleganger is. It's usually an ominous sign if one sees their own doppleganger. However, I'm pretty sure they can copy facial features to a tee. This is why there are so many stories out there about mistaken identity regarding a doppleganger. It is because they look exactly like another person. Sometimes they may give off an eerie feel, but you can't tell the difference just by looking. I agree with the others in that your story didn't make sense in a lot of places. I've certainly never heard about the murky water thing. I just wanted to clear up the doppleganger thing. Like all things paranormal, they don't go by predetermined rules; therefore, stating something like they can't copy facial features as fact is probably not the best idea. There are so many falsehoods and superstition on this site. No one knows what the paranormal is exactly. No one can determine the behavior of all ghosts or demons just because they've seen one. Ghosts are just as unpredictable as people, if not moreso. People need to stop giving advice as if one solution will take care of every paranormal problem. There are variables to consider; beliefs, circumstances, and just the nature of the being doing the haunting. I went off on a tangent. Sorry. I just don't think people should state things as fact, when in reality, they have no idea.
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
I've had a similar experience in which I saw my mother's doppelganger. It is listed on my profile if you'd like to read it. I've heard about spirits being able to draw energy from lights, but this is the first time I've heard about murky water as well. I'm going to have to look into that; we have a water turtle in a 100 gallon tank in our living room, and she tends to get her tank extremely dirty, even after we've just cleaned it. Lol
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
Afterliferesearch,
Just so I understand this correctly, You followed this creature around your house and in toward the kitchen, whereupon this being turned and faced you, you got a full look at the eyeless child-thing, followed as he headed to the bathroom and aparently vanished. And although you heard the low growling coming from the kitchen area, you managed to make it back to the comfort and safety of your bed and fall back into a siumber until the next morning. Didn't even wake your husband to let him know what had occured.
Now I've never heard about a spirit gathering energy from murky water, but if you say so, I'm willing to learn a new thing here and there.
What's got me spinning is the fact that there was what could be considered possible demon manifestation going on in your house and you went right back to bed and slept. No thought about the safety and welfare of your children at all? Not a care of what would become of them once you closed that bedroom door behind you and snuggled up in bed with your protecter, leaving them to fend for themselves against the eyeless little demon child with the wicked growl?
I think I've said enough here, don't you?
😕 🤔
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
That was pretty creepy but I'm not so sure it was a doppelganger. I'm stumped as to what it's purpose is. Has anything ever happened before or since you have seen this entity?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Afterliferesearch: Interesting I have never heard of spirits attraction for dirty or murky water, my first impression though is something appearing to you as your son, but no I don't think it was a Doppelganger. You mentioned hearing a mumbled growl, and the kid having no eyes, I hope I am wrong but this seems to be a lower level entity to me! Hmm, what was feeling you got from your other experiences within the home?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
I think this 'boy' was a spirit, hopefully not something else, and probably drew his energy from the fish tank's lights. But now has anything else ever happened in this house? It could have had a history. It sounds like you don't live there anymore. Would be interesting if you have more tales for us.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
It may have been a boy that resembeled your son. I don't know why but I think the facial features are the hardest for a ghost to manifest. I have never heard of ghosts drawing energy from water. I don't think that this was a doppelganger. I think it may have just been a ghost.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Afterlife--What exactly DID you think/feel upon seeing the empty-eyed boy? A dream image carryover by not being entirely awake?
Was this the first sense experience? I don't want to suggest anything but I'd say it's not a doppelganger. ~ James

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: