You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Insomnia

Real Ghost Stories

Insomnia

 

A few nights ago, I had an extremely hard time sleeping, as my Husband was away supporting family. My brother was with me, and so was my cat, Teddy.

I would be going to bed at 10-11pm, but would lie in bed for ages. During that time, I heard knocks, doors slamming, and a little girl screaming (I should point out that I live in a Flat Block, and am on the lower level. And I have lived in this flat for three years).

I also heard a large train in the distance while I was outside having a cigarette. There are no little girls or trains near my area. I also felt cold eyes and breath on my neck. I do not like the mirror that faces my bed as I am afraid something will come out of it. On the 24th of March of this year, I woke up with the feeling of someone sitting on my chest and strangling me (but I could move, not like sleep paralysis).

My cat, Teddy, would act crazy and look up at the ceiling like there was something up there, but there would be no insects or anything I could see. I get a little freaked out when she does this, as I think she might be predicting a natural disaster.

During those nights kind of alone, I have drawn a negative entity to myself. This entity fed off my negative energy and made me feel so down and depressed that I almost considered suicide. If my Husband didn't return, I probably wouldn't have made it (my mind).

I do believe that spirit can mess you up if it really wanted to.

Other hauntings by Lilady4

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lilady4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
I do agree that spirits can manipulate your way of thinking, thank God your husband come Back when he did:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
Lilady: I think it may be a good idea for you to learn some shielding techniques of your own...I'm posting a link that may help...

Http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/white-light-psychic-shielding.htm

Also, I think your anxiety over being alone could have something to do with these experiences...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
Lilady4,
Thank you for elaborating on this, and I understand your concern, especially from the activity that has already been visited upon your area. I do know the the National Geographic Society has been keeping up on this subject for many years and they do site erratic behavior in cats as one of the signs, and if they're trying to hide away is another. So I get why you would be concerned, it makes sense that if your cat was behaving in a way not normal for your cat, then you should pay attention to these signs and act accordingly. Because earthquake prediction from observing animals is basically hit or miss, I would tend tp follow my gut too. Those who haven't lived in earthquake prone areas can laugh all they want, I think I'd rather trust the animals too.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Javelina: I meant that when Teddy (my cat) acts crazy (as it's not really in her nature), I think that she might know if an earthquake or something is happening. I have just heard that animals can predict natural disasters (eathquakes, tsunamis, etc).
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
I don't understand where the cat could be predicting a natural disaster. Please elaborate. I know that growing up in California we'd always try and keep an eye out for certain signs of earthquakes coming from the way pets would behave. For instance, if they're trying to run off, and they normally never leave the yard, that could be considerred a sign.
😕
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
lynrith: My Husband is back and has been for a while. I think my Husband shields me from negative spirits as the activity is not as bad when he is around.
DARKNESS: I am allergic to lavender, so I can't burn lavender incense, but thanks for the suggestion. I like lighting candles as this helps clear my house of bad spirits.
Redphx:Interesting story here. My Husband keeps bad spirits at bay, as I'm not as vunerable when he's home. In Hamilton (New Zealand), we haven't even got a train yet (something about finances and government), but that makes sense about the train.
Thebee: thanks for the advice, lol. 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Lilady4: It is your home don't let these negative spirits push you around, take back control! The bee has some good theories though, do try to fill your house with as much love and laughter as you can, bring friends over have a party let in the light and push away this negative vibe that is residing there. You can try speak out aloud in your home tell it that it is not wanted here, perhaps light some lavender incense, this can be used to clear negative energy within the area.
If things do continue to happen more drastic measures can be used. Please keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
thebee (18 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Sorry I have just re-read your story and realise my previous comment is wrong you clearly have parnormal ideas to come here for help but either way all meant in good spirit:)
thebee (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
You can do this without even involving jesus lol, brighten the place up, blast your fave tunes or watch a comedy with your cat. Its your home your in the upperhand.
All the best
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
I think it's time to relocate to another house, apartment 'til your husband comes back. If can't, prayer, firmly letting said spirit to back off, or someone who can help you spiritually. Good luck.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Creepy. I have never been away from my husband for one night in the last 10 years. I don't know what I would do if he were gone. Probably get visited by lots of things. My husband is one of the only things that keeps dark things away from my house. Sometimes the stronger ones get through but they do eventually leave because of various methods I use. Yeah I wouldn't like it one bit. I am glad your husband came home but I don't think you would have taken your life. I feel that you are much stronger than that mentally. You can never let them think they are getting to you. That is what they want.

As far as the train goes. I heard a train the other night. We live absolutely no where near the train tracks. I got freaked out and went to tell my husband about the phantom train. He looked at me and smirked. He told me that at 1 am when there is no traffic you can hear the train downtown. The sound of the cars is what muffles the sound of the train. Thanks hun for making me feel like a moroon.

The other day I heard my step-son sneeze and sniffle in his room while I was getting ready for work. I thought this was odd because it was 8 am and he leaves for school at 7 am. I thought he was sick or missed the bus. I go and knock on his door and he doesn't answer me. SO I open the door to find a completely empty room his bed made an all. This confused me. Lately he has been complaining about some of his toys being moved around. I assumed it was one of the cats. I am starting to think differently now.

I basically almost had parallel experiences as you. Just a but different. I hope you have an explanation for the train or maybe not. As far as the little girl goes maybe she came with the dark one and now they are gone.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: