You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spring Break Discussion

Real Ghost Stories

Spring Break Discussion

 

If you have not read my previous story My House Experiences since Childhood, you need to do so before reading this as it is an extension/update.

I went home for spring break (exciting I know) about two weeks ago. I prefer to stay at my boyfriend's house instead of my parents', so I didn't see them much. But I was visiting my Dad one afternoon with my boyfriend's sisters. We were all sitting around chatting when my dad brought up the ghost. He lovingly refers to it as "Shelby's Ghost", I think because for a long time my mom blamed me for the ghost being in the house, I realize that it makes no sense.

He proceeds to tell us three girls that he has seen the ghost again. This time it was standing in my bedroom door. This makes three plus times he has seen it. He says it is a woman, but it is always just a shadow, or an outline. No details, just womanly. I have always thought it was a child, but Dad has only seen a woman.

A few days later I went out for a girl's day with my mom, while we were eating lunch I brought up the paranormal activity. For once my mom admitted that there was activity in the house. She finally realizes that it isn't my fault, as it is still happening and I don't live at home anymore. I told her dad saw the ghost again, this time in my bedroom (which they are moving into ha-ha! I am hoping they experience some of the activity that I have.) She also told me she thinks that it is her grandmother in the house because she always feels someone watching her, and she finds it comforting.

She then told me this experience she had when her grandmother died of cancer. She said she was in the house (the one we live in now) and she was doing dishes when she got a sharp unexplainable pain in her back and crumpled to the floor. She noticed the time, which she admitted was strange. A few minutes later she got the call that her grandmother had died. Later on she asked her aunt what time exactly Grandma Nellie had died, because she was there in the hospital with her. It was the exact time that she had fallen due to the random pain.

I said earlier that I'd always thought it was a child, and told mom so on many occasions. But she says Grandma Nellie was very childlike, she enjoyed goofing off and pranks and such. Which also makes sense because many times I will be sitting on the couch near the kitchen door and see someone tall walking through the kitchen but when I turn there is no one there? It always makes me think it's my mom. I agree with my mom that I think it's Grandma Nellie that does the most activity. But I also think there is something else, something not as nice. It's never done anything really mean, but it's definitely tried to scare us kids.

Feedback would be great! Thanks!

Other hauntings by shamby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shamby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
I think what your mother experienced is similar to what you experienced with your friend, D and your step grandmother. The only difference is that you had it as a dream and your mother had it as vision / real time. It was just your great grandmother letting your mother that she was moving. Hope she rests in peace and comes back to protect your family in a time of need.
Deb41 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Hi Shelby! I got your email. So sorry I haven't responded. I will take a look at your story regarding the car crash and email you what I think!
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Deb,

You've been helpful in confirming what I already thought was happening. I was wondering if you've read my story about my aquaintence that died in a car crash and came to me in dreams? I'd really like your input on that one

Thanks,
Shelby
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Deb,

Thanks for your comment! I do think my great grandma is there, and I think she's the one that acts childlike, as I mentioned in the story. I totally feel like there is something else there and I felt like its angry. I don't remember if I've ever mentioned it on this site but my dad has heard that a man killed himself somewhere on our property, but I have no evidence of that.
Deb41 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
I agree that there is probably something else there because you would not feel fear with your Grandma. You would feel safe. I think the entity is a male and kind of angry. Maybe he lived there once and considers it his home. I suggest you find out the history of your house to see who lived there and if anything happened there. If I'm right, your Grandma must be a strong spirit, because it doesn't seem to be able to keep her away. The more I write this, the more I see an older woman.:) I'm not a pro or anything. Just go with what I see and feel. Hope I helped some!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: