You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Experiences Since I Was A Teenager

Real Ghost Stories

My Experiences Since I Was A Teenager

 

I have been reading this site for quite a while; the paranormal has always fascinated me. I have had several minor experiences, but nothing to really brag about. I think I became more aware of odd things (maybe it's just me! Once I became a teenager, and it has continued into present day, at 26 years old. Here are a few things that have happened to me since I was a teenager, sorry if they are a bit boring!

- 13 years old: I was playing video games alone on my computer in the living room with the radio on. My dad was upstairs in his room. In the middle of my game, I notice a grey shadow that goes from one end of the screen to the other, and I "felt" it go through me as well. Really bizarre. After the shadow was gone, the radio played an ad that started with someone saying, "Do you believe in ghosts?" I was terrified!

- 15 years old: Moved into a new apartment with my mom and brother. Little weird things would happen, like the patio door locking itself (you needed to put a "nail" like object into the door to lock it from opening after you slid it closed). We once received this mailer from a car company one time that would play the sound of an engine going off if you pressed it. It went off one night I was studying alone, and it went off a few days later when my brother was alone. Maybe it was a malfunction?

Another strange thing happened when my mom decided to finally get rid of our trunk of old toys. I had a life size doll in there that would play music when turned. My mom put all the toys in a bag, and the bag sat in our living room for a few days. On the last day, my brother and I were home alone, and the doll suddenly went off. We put the bag outside our door after that. My brother and I would claim to see each other when one of us was in the house alone, too. My brother would tell me he saw me walking in the hallway, but I live 45 minute away!

- 16 years old: A beloved cat of mine died. He was an orange tabby with lots of white spots. I went to a classmate's house to work on a project. When she first opened the door, I noticed a full orange tabby sitting on her couch. I exclaimed that she had a cat, excitedly. She just looked at me weird and said she had no cat. Of course, when I look again, the cat is gone. Oddly enough, I am presently the owner of an orange tabby. Glimpse of my future cat, if there is such a thing? I'm surprised I didn't see my deceased cat instead.

- 19 years old: I was washing dishes alone in the kitchen. I felt something rub against the calf of my leg, like a cat, and my first instinct was to kick my leg up, and look behind me. Nothing was there.

- 20 years old: I found out a childhood classmate passed away. I was devastated because another old classmate had emailed me to let me know when the funeral was but my internet was down during that time. That night I dreamt that I saw him in present day, and I was really shy. He then came up to me and told me to not be shy and give him a hug. That's when I woke up and realized that he was indeed gone.

- 22 years old: I took in a homeless cat. I had her for 4 weeks, and she passed on the operating table when I took her in to get fixed. After that sad incident, I adopted a full orange tabby. I had trouble initially deciding to adopt him because I wanted another cat as well. The night before I was to make my decision and go to the shelter to pick one of them up, I dreamt that I saw my recently deceased cat, but I couldn't adopt her. I also saw the orange tabby playing with my roommate's cat. I woke up, and took that as a sign to adopt the orange cat, and I have been so happy with him ever since.

- 26 years old: I just had a new roommate move into my apt (I had already lived there for 6 months prior with no funny experiences). I've known her since kindergarten and our parents were good friends back then. Her dad had passed away from leukemia a several years back, I was sad to learn. She brought in her dad's old couches to our house. One night I was in the living room by myself and sat down to watch TV. As I was walking to the couch, I noticed her dog's chew tire toy was laying flat on the arm of the couch. I sat down and turned on the TV. After a few seconds, I see at the corner of my eye the tire started rolling down the arm of the couch in an upright position! When I looked at it, it was still rolling, and then immediately fell down.

Immediately I went to look for my cat, and he was sleeping in my room. I look for my roommate and she was sleeping with her dog in her room. Another incident happened just this past weekend at my boyfriend's house. He was trying to watch TV while I was getting ready for breakfast. However, the cable was being choppy, so he decided to watch downstairs and left me in his room to get ready. I heard him run down the stairs. A few minutes later, his TV turned on. There was no mistake it was his TV, it was loud and coming directly from it (I was in the bathroom around the corner). It played a commercial clearly for about 10 seconds, and then stopped. I listened for my boyfriend, but all I heard was silence. I went to the TV, no one there, turned it on, and cable was still choppy. This is the first time I've had 2 "experiences" so close to each other, about a month apart.

Also, for the past few years, I've felt like something jumps onto my bed when I am in it, and I think it's my cat, but nothing is there. I also went to Vietnam a few years back and I was pretty positive I would have an experience there, but my brother ended up having the experience, not me. (I know my experiences aren't that great, maybe I'm imagining things, but thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by BeachBunny

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BeachBunny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
have to disagree with you on this one beachbunny 😢
This is a very interesting post!
And loveing the cat parts and agree that your dream was a sign that you were intended to have the cat you now have.
And agree with badjuujuu would like to hear the experiance your brother had.
Thanks for posting 😁
Carl 😁
FormerSkeptic (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
Thanks for your story, I really enjoyed it, not boring at all:)
My mom and myself have had similar experiences of a "cat" jumping into bed, only to find no cat, at one of our old houses.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
I love reading stories that involve pets, they're my favorite people. 😆
My favorite of the group was the doggie toy wheel rolling down the arm of the couch. Eerie! Do you think maybe your roomates father stopped in?
Thanks for sharing!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
Great account! 😊
I very much enjoyed reading this. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you post your brother's experience in Vietnam at some point. ❤
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-07)
EVERYONE'S experiences are unique. Even yours. I think that you are sensitive to spirits, and that's why you are experiencing these events. Kinda exciting in a way. Most people may not experience any kind of paranormal event, or just don't recognize it for what it is. You did. That makes it more meaningful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: