You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Trip To My Grandparents House

Real Ghost Stories

A Trip To My Grandparents House

 

A lot of you already know me and I thought it was about time to share just one of the many small incidents I have experienced in relation to the things we come to this site to read, share and talk about.

This story happened around the Easter break in 2009, my Ex girlfriend, her brother (which I will call Sarah and David) and myself decided to go down to Mandurah South of Perth for the weekend to go fishing and relax a bit. Now my Grandparents have both passed away in 2006 and since that time I had not been to their home mainly because of memories and such as I was very close to my grandparents especially my Grandma.

Well the Trip only took us 45minutes from Perth and upon arriving there I was instantly hit with a flood of memories, it was kind of like stepping back in time but the garden was not as lush as it used to be ha-ha. Now I had been telling Sarah over the years about my interest in the Paranormal and I had her a little bit frightened on coming here but I assured her everything would be fine (Whoops). I had also told her about a couple of the experiences of my Grandma visiting me but I will leave that for another story.

I went to the next door neighbor to retrieve the keys for the house as he kept up the maintenance of the home. As soon as I opened the door I was greeted by the old familiar smell and atmosphere of a place that has had many happy times and moments. I instantly spoke out aloud "Hi guys its me Fox" (They used to call me fox ever since I was a small child always running hiding; being cheeky and yeah a little turd I suppose ha-ha) this instantly made me feel better, but I got a bit of a weird look from Sarah, and David just smirked and chuckled a little.

Now the first incident there I myself actually found a tad bit funny but to Sarah it was no laughing matter. It must have been around 5:30 in the afternoon we were getting ready to head out into town for dinner. Sarah had decided to do her hair in the bathroom, which was part of an extension to the house which my grandparents completed. That side of the house was mainly occupied by my Grandmother. She had her own bedroom too which we were all banned from entering. It was her bathroom and my grandfather had strict instructions to "use the old one."

I was watching television in the lounge with David, we were waiting for Sarah to finish doing her hair when we heard the bathroom door slam shut with quite a loud force, not 1 second later it did it again and to top it off once more after that so, yes 3 times it opened and slammed closed on her.

This is a door with a handle that needs to be twisted to open like most doors, and there wasn't a window open or wind that could have done this either. It all happened so quickly the next thing I know Sarah had already ran into the lounge her face was one of total shock and to the point of tears, David and I just looked at each other thinking did that really just happen?

We left the home straight away after that trying to think of an explanation for what had just occurred, Sarah had calmed down by now. I myself pretty much knew it and said well I don't think my Grandma approves of you Sarah and she was just showing you a sign that she was there. I can still remember the face and words I received for that comment, so I said something about her hair that she didn't get to finish, which at least got her to laugh I told her to maybe introduce herself to my grandparents when we get back as my Grandma in particular was a 'stickler' for manners.

Sarah did just that and her and David didn't experience much else for the remainder of our stay. I myself however had a different experience; every night there I would always be the last one asleep which is typical for me I am a very light sleeper.

I would be watching television and would hear the sliding door to the hallway open up or close on several occasions (I say open or close because I had seen it open and closed in the same night). This was immediately behind me and was wooden. It has a very distinct sound and it definitely was not David or Sarah as they were asleep in front of me. The same with the footsteps in the kitchen, the smell of cigarettes, I also heard glasses tinkling together in the bar area which I believe was my Grandpa as he loved that bar!

I had to turn off the light in my Grandma's old room twice on my visit there, once whilst we were in the home and the other after coming back late from dinner, seeing the light turn on in her room whilst pulling up in the driveway was a bit frightening, we definitely were not expecting to see that!

Of course there was the feeling of being watched. I must admit I was a bit unnerved by all this but knew exactly who it was and actually felt good. I think they were glad to see me there and were putting on a bit of a show to let me know they are still around. I know they are at peace and I believe they came back to see how I was.

Sorry it's a bit long and I missed out quite a fair bit of detail but you get the picture.

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by DARKNESS

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DARKNESS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-16)
That story seemed so peaceful to read, i'd like to think that when my grandparents pass I will still be able to visit some place to be close to them and maybe if i'm lucky they can let me know that they are still there 😁
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
anneke8: In my honest opinion I seriously doubt that spirits of my Grandparents are still present in the house. I believe they haved moved on, but when I went there last in my story I think they came for another visit because I was back there and the memories and love that was associated within those walls was to much for them to pass up!😁 It was indeed a very eerie experience but also a a loving one aswell. Yes the bathroom incident was quite out there, it scared the shiat out of the ex! Lmao, the one that got to me was seeing my grandmas bedroom light come on haha!

Thanks for reading anneke8! 😊

Dan
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
Your grandma realy did not want to have anyone in her room he? 😊 She banned you from there when she lived, and she still wants no one there...
If it is your granny and grandpa both that is still there, I hope they are still happy together in the afterlife too! Sounds so sweet. ❀
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
You have awesome grandparents!:D
It sounds like they missed you a lot.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
A special family indeed Granny very special! 😊 ❀ Cheers Javelina makes me wonder at how much work I actually do at work lmao! πŸ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
DARKNESS!
1000th post! First Granny, now you! Congratulations Your Eminence. And Happy Days ahead.
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Hahaha thanks Ladies and Gents, thanks for not telling the boss Granny and cheers for that badge Martin love it! 😁
Martin (602 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Congrats on the 1000th post DARKNESS. You get your eminent poster badge 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Awe, thanks Dan, we love you, too! ❀

Pretty special family we have here, huh?...

Or should I say "gang"? πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Well I am dedicating this 1000th post to all the friends that I have made on this great site you are all awesome and you know who you are! Cheers to Martin and all the Mods who without them there would not be YGS! 😊 😁 It is great to know I'm not the only Loonie out there in this world haha, well heres to another 1000 guys and gals! ❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Hey Granny you know that was my sisters 21st, we had to co come as a pest or vermin of some sort so I bought a blonde mullet wig and came as a bogan lol! There pests / vermin arent they? Lmao πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Miracles that's very weird I don't know about that facebook sometimes, geez lol you will work it out I have faith in you. 😁 Nitey Night Miracles 😊 ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Hahaha, Darkness - I have to see my notices in my email cause they're not showing up on facebook. What's that all about? πŸ˜†

Nite, Darkness - check up on you tomorrow πŸ˜‰
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Hahaha zzsgranny you know I can see all your comments still on facebook as it gets emailed to me I just can't get on facebook lol! Soooo yes everyone I am on YGS hahahaha πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ❀
TheJosh57 (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
wow man, this was the first story I read on here before I signed up, really interesting by the way, slamming doors is always a plus for paranormal πŸ˜‰ but not something I would like to witness, I would be easily paniked
SophXx (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Darkness.

Yep, I understand what you mean now. Sometimes I don't really understand ghosts, they just always seem to confuse me in some way. But thankyou so much, take care. ❀

SophXx
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
SophXx: Thankyou for your comment, I like to think that I wouldn't be frightened in these situations the fact is I was frightened only just for the initial sound, sighting or reaction that caught me off guard, that is the part I find found a bit frightning. Give me about 1-2 minutes after experiencing something like this though, and I can accept it and take it in.
But of course there are other times when something paranormal has happened and I know it probably has nothing to do with my past loved ones, where I can be caught out frightened because I am unsure exactly what I am dealing with but I never let it get to me for too long. (Well I try anyway haha) Hope that all makes sense lol. Thanks again! 😊
SophXx (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
Darkness.

Wow, amazing story, so much detail that it gave me the shivers. It must of been terryfying for Sarah, I feel so sorry for you guys. Still I think your grandparents were glad to see you, don't be afraid of what happens, it always comes unexpected. Cheers Dan.

SophXx
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Hi Trix: Your right you know, if I had known that it was a definite that I would experience something within there home I probably would have visited them and there home earlier. The main reason I did delay it was because of memories and not having them there to greet me! Well in physical form anyway!😊
Thank you for comments Trix.

Lilady4: Thank you for your comment, as I mentioned in an earlier post walking into the house and saying it was me, just seemed like second nature. Not because I used to do it when I was alive, but mainly that's how I would act when entering into a home where I have the feeling there might a presence within. Glad you enjoyed the story. 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Ummm I have to go with Miracles on the 3 reference. I saw it and for some reason it went zoom right over my head. Sorry granny blonde moment. LOL! πŸ˜†

Wow so we got 3 posters on the same thread who were given the nickname Monkey growing up. That's pretty awesome 😁 So 3 Loonie circus Monkeys eating moon pies and throwing purple blankies at people. Sounds good to me. LOL πŸ˜†
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Wow-what a really interesting story. Like everyone else has said before me, it is really cool that you entered the house just as you would've when they were alive.
Haha about your Girlfriend (ex) giving you a 'look' and what not.
Its good that you have a connection with your grandparents, even in death.
Love & Light, Rachel ❀
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Wow Darkness, very nice story. I really liked reading it. You actually realise now after avoiding the house for such a long time you would have never thought that you would meet with your grandma and granddad in their house again in spirit. If you knew this I bet you would have visit earlier. I wish my grandparents will visit like that even if it is just for one last visit. You are actually blessed to have experienced this, and to have a place to go visit them again.
Thanks for sharing, and don't let this be the last please. If you ever go there again you must share what's happening with us hey.
Take care. Trix. πŸ˜‰
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-10)
dreamergal72: Thats right, you see that bathroom I think I have used it maybe twice in my life and that is when they were still alive. I won't ever use it again just incase Grandma does do something to me haha I know it would be a good thing but no thank you lol. Thank you for your comment.

BadJuuJuu: Thank you I was very close to my Grandparents when I was younger I use to love going down to that house and go fishing with my Grandpa and help out round the home and yes Grandma's cooking was to die for, I miss it tremendously. Thanks again 😊

Javelina: Yep that's exactly right, I told her to use the old one but well you know the rest lol. I remember looking at her in the car and having a good old laugh to myself! Thank you for your comment. 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-10)
taz890: I am glad you enjoyed my story, had to laugh at your nicknames mate that's funny lol. It has been quite a while since I was last there so I should definitely make the time to make the trip down again. Thank you for comment I have also enjoyed reading about your experiences.

Aussie mate always good to hear from you and thank you for your comment. Well that's true I am an older fox now and would like to think I'm wiser don't know about that though haha. Now that's an idea take the new girlfriend around and see if she passes the test I suppose it is only fair that I warn her first though lol. Yeh the wedding thing hmmm not just yet mate, but when it does come to that you will all be invited. 😁 Cheers!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-10)
510mot: Wow bet you were awestruck after receiving that phone call. And yes I do honestly believe my Grandma would share that view, and let us know about it as well haha. I know that I will never lose that nickname, but wouldn't want to either! Thank you for your comment.

Aljohn34: Yes the house is still being looked after nobody actually lives there anymore but the neighbors keep it upto scratch, they were, and still are great family friends. Thank you for your comment.

Zzsgranny: Hahah the 3 thing I can truthfully say went straight over my head, if I had to turn the light off 3 times then yep no doubt I would have been doing all sorts of equations lol. The ex and I split because it just wasn't meant to be I suppose but it was all for the best in the end. She probably got sick and tired of hearing me talk about the paranormal constantly though haha. Thank you for your comment and kind words Granny.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-10)
Thank you everyone for your great comments, I know it has been a long time coming but hey I finally got there lol. I will get to you one by one eventually haha.

Miracles: Yes the way I entered into the home was second nature for me, to tell you the truth I didn't really even think about it at the time it just came out lol. Yes and I still remember those words and the look I received that day I can laugh about it now though haha. Thank you Miracles, and yes I do plan on adding another number to my name.😊

Cosmo: Thank you for your kind words, yep I can still picture her running out into the lounge room a face that I will never forget haha. We were all a little unnerved but not as much as Sarah was. And you know that all of you can hi-jack my page whenever you want, how many times have I done it lol.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-10)
DARKNESS,
Yeah, if your grandpa wasn't allowed to use that bathroom it would pretty much be a given that a stranger wasn't going to get a hearty 'How do you do?'. But it is kind of funny about her hair only getting half way done. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
I hadda ask! What about moon pie eating circus monkeys flinging purple blankies (instead of that other stuff they usually fling).Ooooh! Spooky!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
[at] 510mot,
Don't forget about the clowns! Unless, of course you've got a phobia about purple pants and big red noses. And if that's the case... Heh heh heh, this will get to be even more fun.
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
510mot: Monkeys are much better than those marshmallow eating things that were messing with Pamiga! πŸ˜†...

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: