You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Series Of Unexplainable Things

Real Ghost Stories

A Series Of Unexplainable Things

 

Odd and unexplainable encounters have always happened to me ever since I was a child. The one that struck me the most was in a previous house that my family and I occupied. We moved in there when I was eight years old, and I still remember the impression I had when I first walked in. It was in the corner of two busy streets and the sun was shining outside, however, when my family and I walked in, the house was eerily dark, even though there were a lot of windows and the place seemed cooler than it was outside. However, my family decided to buy the house. From then on, odd things started to happen.

In different levels of the house, it seemed that a different presence was there. The weird things usually happened on the second floor and the basement.

As we were moving in, my parents left my older brother and me inside the house. We decided to run around and play tag. There was a large wall partition between the living room and the hallway, so you can run around it. My brother and I were running and when we got to the end of the partition we would peek around the wall and see which direction the other person was headed. However, as we were chasing one another, we started noticing a dark figure running with us. When we stopped on one side of the wall we peeked around the side and would see the dark figure standing still at the end of the wall. Needless to say, we stopped playing and ran upstairs.

Another time, as I was in my room studying with the door closed and the radio on, I suddenly felt as if something was approaching. The radio had suddenly changed into a lot of white noise and suddenly I felt a large presence beside me. It felt like a very tall man was standing beside me. I didn't want to look up and because he was in between me and the door I decided to say, "I really need to study and I don't have time for this. I'm sorry." A few seconds later, the radio came back to the station I was listening to and the presence had left. I then proceeded to run down the stairs.

The basement was the worse place to be in, especially if I was alone. In the basement there were five rooms. The room I was in the most was the computer room which was directly across the heating room. The computer was faced in a way which you would have your back towards the heating room and the hallway. Every time I passed by the heating room, from the corner of my eye I would see a girl with long dark hair and white clothes standing inside. However, every time I looked up directly, no one would be there. I would always look in it as if I was expecting her to be there or to make sure no one was inside. In the computer room at night, I always felt as if she was staring at me from behind.

On one occasion, my mother asked me to do the laundry which was at the end of the hall in the basement. I hated the laundry room as it had an odd unfamiliar smell and it was in the corner of the basement with one little window. On this day during summer, when I went downstairs with the laundry in my hands it felt oddly quiet, and as I approached the laundry room behind the small window of light that shone into the room, there was also a large man standing there. He was again very tall and motionless. I dared not go in, and just threw the laundry down and ran up the stairs and told my older brother who was much more fearless than me to do it. He said he saw nothing.

When my brothers and sister and I were home alone, we would all watch TV in my parent's room as it felt like the warmest room in the house, and we all felt uncomfortable alone by ourselves either in the living room or in our own rooms. There was a bathroom in my parent's room with a door. We always felt uncomfortable with the bathroom door open so we always made sure it was shut. However, a lot of times, as we watched TV it would slowly open by itself. More than once, one of us would get up and close it, then push it to make sure we shut the door properly, but again, it would always open by itself.

Things like this would happen time and again, until we moved. In the old house my younger siblings and I never discussed what went on. After we moved to our new house my sister told me, in the old house one day, she saw girl walking up the stairs from the basement and then proceeded to the second floor. Then another night, she told me that she was playing hide and seek with our cousin, and she decided to hide behind her door in her room. After a minute of hiding, she said her closet door suddenly opened slowly, and a large man walked out from it. He crossed the window and in the moonlight she said she saw an older man with curly hair and then he just disappeared into the wall.

Her incidents seemed to describe and affirm with the same things that I had seen throughout the years. That really scared me...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Yan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Yan (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-17)
[at] KitsuneofIkana My mother apparently heard 3 people talking in the middle of the night, but it was only once. My parents never experienced anything else.

[at] DeviousAngel I did discuss it with my parents, but because I was quite young then, they didn't think much of it.

[at] Javelina I agree. They didn't seem to harbor any bad intent. Maybe just curiosity? I have no idea what the large male spirit wanted, and at the time I was too scared to find out.

[at] Lilady That's an interesting take on the two spirits. That may be a possibility.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
what an interesting post thanks for sharing.
Have to agree with the other comments here it does not sound like the spirits wanted to frighten any of you at all but to make some kind of contact.
It is good that you got confermation form your sister about some of the things that happened.
KitsuneofIkana (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Loved your story it was nice and fully detailed. I used to have these similar situations happen to me when I used to live in my old house. I wonder if your parents ever seen anything.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Thank you for sharing your story. I must say, your account was very interesting and well-worded. The fact that your family corroborated the details of your story seems to shed light on the fact that you weren't the only one to see them. Did you discuss this with your parents at all? Do you think they might have seen them, too?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-10)
Yan,
I have to say, these experiences were certainly very interesting and peculiar, do you think any of these entities harbored bad intent? I ask that because from what you describe they seem pretty benign. Almost respectful of your families privacy and did not intend to cause trouble. I feel as if the large male spirit may have been attempting to make contact with you, but you refused him verbally once and when you found him in the laundry room he realized how frightened you were and finally gave up.
Although spirits will startle us at times, when they are as respectful as the ones in your old house it just makes me wonder what it is that keeps them here. Did he want your help with something? Why had he chosen to approach you in your room that time?
They didn't seem to hold any bad intentions toward your family and no one was harmed. I like that. Thank you for sharing.
😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
What an interesting story! I was thinking that maybe the older, tall man, is the younger one's (the girl's) protector or maybe someone that is keeping the girl there.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: