You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Friends

Real Ghost Stories

Friends

 

4 years ago, when I was 12, me and my family went on a holiday vacation to Turkey. We arrived at our destination and I was so excited to explore straight away. But my mum and dad said that we would have to get to the hotel first, I was gutted. So anyway we arrived at the hotel and got to our rooms, they were filled with amazing history. Like me, I went to my bedroom first and as I entered I spotted a little teddy bear on the bed. I was confused and I wondered what it was doing on the bed, so I picked it up and took it to my mum, she looked at it with warm eyes and said a little girl must of forgot to take it home with her. But I had another feeling, I felt like someone left it there for me.

The next few days of my holiday were great, I was really enjoying spending time with my wonderful family. But one day something happened, I was in my bedroom reading a magazine, and suddenly I heard a little giggle. I looked at the door to see if anybody was there, but the room was empty. I just ignored it and kept reading the magazine, but then I heard it again (giggle). I ran to my mum and said to her "mum I can hear someone in my room" but she just laughed and said "your just imagining things darling", but really I wasn't. Later on it was time for me to go to bed, but I was scared to even step in that room. Eventually I had the guts to go to bed, but I left the lights on just in case. I fell asleep, but then I heard that giggle once again and I woke up straight away. I jumped out of bed and ran to my brother, who was sleeping next door. I shook him until he woke up (he was really annoyed with me), and I told him about the noise and he just said "go back to sleep, you silly girl". No one believed me, but really I was telling the truth.

For the rest of my holiday nothing really happened, I was so glad but I was also concerned because I wanted to know if I was right about that little girl. But I was just enjoying the holiday all the same. One night we came back from dinner at a local restaurant, and as we arrived back at the hotel the manager called me over. I was very confused and worried about what he was going to say to me, he looked at me with a warm smile and said to me nicely "did you like teddy bear in your room?" I looked at him and nodded happily. He brought me to his office, I was a bit freaked out by that moment, and he sat me down and told me about an old story that happened over 150 years ago. He said that a family of 6 came to spend a weekend at the hotel and there was a little girl who always carried a little teddy bear One night something terrible happened, the little girl died from a disease that she caught during her stay and in her arms was the teddy bear The manager said to me that you can still hear her speak and giggle and she always leaves the teddy bear on the bed. I was really surprised about this amazing tale, she musthavef been a lovely child. I thanked the manager for telling me about her, and ran to the room straight away, since it was our last night.

It was the last night of the holiday and I was very upset because I didn't want to go home. It was time for me to go to bed, so I kissed my mum and dad goodnight and went into my room. As I entered I saw the little bear sitting on the bed, I smiled. I picked up the bear and hugged it tight, it smelt of honey. I sat on the edge of my bed and held the bear close to my heart, I said quietly "thank you very much for showing me your bear, he's very cute". I put the bear down and tucked myself into bed, as I was just about to lie down I heard a sweet voice saying "your welcome, I hope you enjoyed spending time with him, I hope to see you soon, my friend". I smiled to myself and whispered "your a very special little girl". I heard a giggle, then I closed my eyes to rest.

I woke up the next morning not wanting to go home, I packed up my suitcase and sighed. I went into my room for the last time and picked up the bear and kissed his head. I wished the little girl a nice life and I said to her that she always had me as a friend. I heard that giggle for the last time, then left the room. We closed the door and walked downstairs, ready to go home. I walked up to the manager and thanked him for telling me the story, he smiled at me and said "hope to see you soon, my dear". We left the hotel, feeling really refreshed and happy. I waved goodbye to the manager and I know it sounds weird but I waved to the window where my room was, and I said goodbye to that sweet little girl.

Friends always come unexpectedly, you never know who your going to make friends with. It doesn't matter if it's an animal, object or ghost, they are always close to your heart.

Thank you for reading. X

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blacktears, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
I personally find it hilarious that the author called her own story b.s. Under a different name and they got caught...classic! She does have a talent for writing though, but more research should have been done. Main point is, this isn't a site for posting the latest great ghost story you have made up. This is for legitimate experiences, and you will be pounced on for posting fiction... No matter how well it is written.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
oumpy scrap the last bit of my comment bellow~its this story where she made the name/comments mistakes so people knew it was fiction.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
[at] oumpy read through the comments left on this story, check the reaction the poster gives to people who ask her questions.

Anyone who had experienced this would be happy to explain things in their story, this person would go crazy at others who asked questions she could not answer and there are the mistakes she made when she did answer.

I was also found out eventualy that she was posting stories under different names and she made a mistake of calling one of her own stories a fake using a "new name" not realising that the name at the top of the story changed when she added her comment.
oumpy (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
How can you call someones post a fake if you were not there to see it yourself no disrespect to any one. In matters like this I take the word to be true. And never make friends with ghost thay only want what thay don't have and its a body.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
rdarwish so right!
She is claiming to be 16 now start of story says 4 years ago~12

Sorry but this story teller got caught out big time and that's all it was stories
rdarwish (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I don't think the "author" is a child at all. An 11 year old wouldn't have given us so much needless information, wouldn't have written such unbelievable dialogue and wouldn't have seen the wealth of ghost movies to steal from to create such a bad story. I think the author is much older, and probably wants to be a writer of some sort, and for some strange reason decided to test her stories here instead of trying to get them published.

I have read her other stories, and what is strange to me, is that the part of the story that throws me the biggest stench, usually has some depraved connotation to it. All I could think about was "how would her parents let her go talk to the manager by himself?"
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
I have never tried to fit in, I've only tried to be myself. I just find it amusing how one minute I do it and everyone loves it and the next I'm the bully. But if I point out a collective effort to "out" a poster, it's me being out of line.

I've never said I believe any word of this story was true, I honestly think this makes the top 10 biggest BS stories I've seen on YGS. So don't take me as trying to defend someone clearly lying, I'm only pointing out what I see as hypocrisy on this site. I attack with a straight shot, and follow up as needed. Allowing for answers to my questions and comments. What I saw here was a slip up and the sharks smelled blood and came in to finish what was started. I have no issue with the idea of drawing first blood on someone who is clearly being dishonest, but 4 other people don't need to jump in to get in their licks when the person is obviously down and out.

And it also makes one wonder... If the community has decided this is a fable, why hasn't it been removed from the site? Why allow the issue to continue when it's general consensus that the story is false? I'm no mod on here, but I've moderated forums before and I always removed the threads that were nothing more than instigation.

I'm not trying to justify how I reacted to those other stories, I'm only pointing out that one could point out that everyone else has as much egg on their faces for this one as I did for whichever one people want to jump on me for. If I'm wrong in your eyes, so be it. It'll never change and we're at an impasse. I disagree with the way things were handled here, in the same respect people disagree with me in my way of handling other stories. C'est la vie.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
can't be a b***ch and complain about getting voted down now can I? 😆
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
Smokey,

How's this?

1. Open mindedness
2. Benefit of the doubt
3. Confusion
4. Questioning
5. Skepticism
6. Disbelief

These are the six mental steps I use when determining the validity of a potential work of fiction posted on this site. Sometimes the individual steps take hours or even days to get through, some take milliseconds. But I find that if I have skipped one, and I go back and do due diligence, it serves myself, the poster, and this forum incrementally.
We all know that every story on here is not legitimate. We also know that many of the instances of alleged paranormal occurrences can be debunked. But what I feel is most important in participating on this site is that the majority of the posters, not all, by a long shot; feel that what happened to them is very real.
It is very difficult not to descend on a poster when clear inconsistencies are apparent. It is even more difficult when the poster becomes obstinent and abusive in their defense of their story. But remember, whether we are long time members or brand new; we are all sitting at individual computers at our individual locations transmitting our individual thoughts. So we cannot help it when we all feel the same way simultaneously and respond in chorus, and agree with each other openly.
I appreciate your openness, your experience, and your service. I'm pretty much a "see a problem, fix a problem" personality as well. But for the sake of civility, let's dance around the fire a bit before the blood-letting...I've been on the verge of ripping many a poster a new one, when I was unknowingly talked down by a fellow poster's remarks, and shown the light, so to speak. I have also had comments on here, not only voted down, but removed entirely by the webmaster.
We are all here for a reason, and if yours is the same reason, you do not need to worry about fitting in. The easiest way to become part of a group, is to stop trying.

This opinion is mine solely and is not in defense of or at the expense of anyone else.

Lou
guyinsane2008 (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
fake jumped out at me the moment I read this story. I believe we all have the right to seek answers or give our opinions on stories that interest us. Losing karma points shouldn't stop you from voicing your opinion. No need to cry like a b***ch when someone disagree with your opinion. That's life.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
Yeah, I came out a little more harsh. But what this boils down to is the majority of vets on this forum jumped on this kid. So regardless of whether or not I was swinging harder than anyone else, the group ganged up. But that's neither here nor there. I disagree with how this story was handled, in the exact manner people disagreed with how I handled hidden's story. So if the fact that I don't pull punches with anyone regardless of gender, age, color, creed, or anything else bothers people, consider how far this community has fallen recently. Garbage has been strewn across the site and I have stepped forward to say enough is enough. I may not be a mod, but I think I have a right to call bs as blunt and point blank as I can get. I don't hold hands for people like that. So if me pointing out that the entire community involved with this story attempted to strong arm someone out of the site collectively the way I did (a matter of perception, I suppose) with hidden makes me anything other than the guy wanting to clean up some of the trash, I guess I no longer have a home here as anything more than a ghost.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
smokeyknight,
I went back to HJ's story, just to see what it was you were bringing up in this thread... And I have to tell you, there is a big diff I see. You came out swinging in HJ's thread. Referring to yourself as one of the "Vets" hereabouts... Your tone is much diff than the one in this here thread. Sorry, just is... And this is coming from one who is not in any type of "clique"
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Smokey - you made reference to someone's karma points going down. Someone who isn't involved in this scuffle we seem to have going on here, that I hope to dear Heaven is ended. Since you and I have talked about this privately, I'm just going to put it out here for everyone to hear. This isn't personal. We're (and yeah, I'm speaking for a couple of us here) not petty people who are going to go behind your back or anyone else's and knock off someone else's karma points because we disagree with something you said or your way of approaching a story.

Last weekend I lost at least 12 pts. Yeah, I checked. This weekend I lost 4. So, if your theory is right, who am I supposed to suspect? You? Because you and I have been having a feud? No. There are thousands of members on this site and not everyone likes me, believe it or not 😆. And even those who do like me may not always agree with what I say. I fully expect them to knock me down if they don't agree. That's what the point system is for. So why can't it be as simple as someone not agreeing with the comment made?
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
The comments were deff. More interesting to read then the story itself.
Lol!
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
[at] ghostwolf1800- I think you misunderstood the comments. Smokey was refering to another story altogether. He had nothing to do with this story or outing the author as a fake. [at] Ygs community- perhaps we can stop giving this young poster negative karma now.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
Aww... Jeez! Now I am going to have to send out for Monkey Friends T-shirts! Anybody know Dreamergal's size?
ghostwolf1800 (5 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
Smokey,i know just how you feel. Maybe not on this site, but in others. I think that people should think about the other persons point of view before posting hurtful comments. Your 'attack' on blacktears/sophXx was justified though.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
Smokey: I feel I owe you no explanation or apology... If you have a problem with me, my e-mail is on my profile... Seems like you're the one who feels the need to settle something...
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
Wow... This story totally had me and it wasn't until I read through the comments that I noticed I was reading a false account. I don't see the point behind taking the time to type up a false story (and it was a dead give away I think when she typed up a disease in the story, then said poison in the comments). Well played to those that caught on and let her have it. I think if a story can be proven to be false, then the writer needs to be straightened out.

Peace
JustCurious
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
cosmogal926 I accept that challenge 😆
Miracles51031 thanks ❤
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
Of course that name rings a bell, that's the person I had 100% PROOF was a liar. So again, make me out to be the villain. Or then again you could take the initiative and email me so we can settle this if you don't want it on the board.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
Smokey: Does the name "Amibear" ring a bell?...

Again, I'm not going to debate you on here... I think the comments speak for themselves...
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
Who said hidden was to the point of tears? Or are you making assumptions? I never caught h_j say that. But I looked at this page and saw that there were more than one or two people jumping in on this author. So it was a group badgering effort. Not just one person. I had enough points to back myself up. But what you fail to understand is that I backed off and only asked questions that were not pointed or intended to instigate or hurt anyone's feelings after I took a step back. I left for a week and change to be venomously attacked for "attacking" hidden_joker when all I did was asked more questions to see if maybe my approach was wrong and that my mindset in not believing that story to be wrong was off. So the major difference between how I did things and this was a matter of this being a gang mentality, jumping on this author like that. I guess everything is based on the "Good Ol' Boys (and Girls) Club scene) on this community. Like I was told, if you don't believe it, fine, make a post explaining why and leave it alone. This was more than four people jumping on this author. Where I'm not saying I think the author was telling the truth (we all know better), what I will say is Lou, 510, BadJuuJuu, Miracles, and you (Granny) ALL jumped on this poor kid and refused to let up until you all got what you wanted. I sat there reading the comments and I saw exactly what everyone else got worked up about coming from those same people. So I see now hypocrisy is accepted on this site, as long as you're in the gang.

I know I'm going to get voted down for this, and frankly I don't care any more. All it does is proves to me that I'm right, as well as to several other members. So effectively it took five people to do what I was undertaking on my own.

If I was wrong for MY approach to hidden_joker, you all were equally wrong for your responses to blacktears/SophXx. So either you (as in everyone who jumped my case) owe me an apology, or you need to understand you people are no "better" than I am. Justify yourselves. Make yourselves feel like you did the right thing. Feel vindicated that SmokeyKnight is just a big bully to teenage girls and you all are saints who can do no wrong.

I will not be your scapegoat to vindicate yourselves from the wrong you do. And how dare any and all of you to vote down someone in the community who had nothing to do with this.

The point of this isn't to try bashing anyone, just showing you that you over reacted with me and if I was the one saying what was said here I'd be the one on the wrong. You would all profess to believing this story JUST to spite my views. I'd see negative karma, even if I was right. Regardless of how I've approached this site over the last month or so, I'm met with negative karma and hostility. So if you're not wrong, I never was either.

Your veteran numbers are getting small... I wonder how much longer this site will stay afloat with this kind of thing going on. Maybe Martin should step in and see how this whole thing has gone.

And whoever keeps voting down someone not involved with this (the vets know of who I speak)... You're pretty petty. But that just goes back to the gang style you have adopted.

Respectfully
-Smoke
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
Smokey: I don't want to be compared to anyone here... I did what I felt I needed to do... There are numerous differences between this example of "outting" an author, and badgering them to the point of tears... The author you attempted to beat up WAS answering your questions to the best of her ability... This is what WE got as responses:

In response to BadJuuJuu:
"SERIOUSLY I CANNOT BE ASKED TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THIS, IF YOU DONT BELIEVE IN IT, DONT BOTHER TO COMMENT. FOR GOD SAKES!

But thankyou to all the peeps that say they believe it because your absolutely right! Xx

SophXx"

In response to me:
"SERIOUSLY, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!

Ty chass, I love ya! Bma! <3 Xxxx:P"

Also, there was one that I deleted from this "child" that was littered with attempts at profanity, and generally, not language that a sweet little 16 year old should be using when addressing someone...

I'm not going to explain myself to you or anybody else... I think maybe you should look over the whole comment section... THIS author admitted to lying, even though it was under a different name...

I'm not going to get into a debate with you over this... This thread is over, the author has been shown to be a fraud... And what'da know, no badgering was necessary...
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
I remember that. I think people completely over-reacted. I believe in everyones rights to question the validity of a story because as we have seen here there is a lot of fiction on YGS. I am not ashamed of what I have said but also don't think you should be.Peace,Mike
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
And I stand corrected: it wasn't a month ago, it was about 2-3 weeks.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
Wow, and I thought I was the bad guy for picking at inconsistencies. Especially a teenage girl. Where I agree that this is a hoax, the way you all have picked at this poor child makes me seem like a saint. I find it ironic that the exact thing I did made me a villain, but when certain other members of this community do it they are free and clear. I can't even begin to quote what you people did comparable to MY posts before. Those of you who picked apart this girl's story so viciously, you should be ashamed. Especially when you tried to crucify me for doing the same thing.

I don't think I need to put in my two cents worth on the story itself, but I do need to remind you all that again (as stated earlier) that when any of us post we are asking to suspend belief. And those of us with REAL experiences will most likely pick apart a story.

No one, and I mean NO ONE has the right to tear down an author the way that was done here ESPECIALLY when someone not in the "in crowd" did the same thing about a month ago and got blasted to no end for it. I respectfully bowed out of the community for a few days and came back as a ghost of sorts just to read the stories and remind myself of why I came in the first place. Shame on all of you.
Poppett91 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
(at) zzsgranny

Can I please ask what was that all about?

Poppett91
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
Taz, Jav, Red, and everyone else who noticed they'd been bumped up this morning - I've fulfilled my "ups" iou's. Ran the risk of "exceeding my daily voting limit" already this morning 😆.

PS Jav and Darkness - we love you anyway!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
Sounds awesome Taz. I didn't even think about the shoulder pads. You really got a knack for this. I think you should be the official uniform maker for all our Loonie fashion. 😊 😆

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: