You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Animal Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Animal Ghost?

 

Before I begin, I must say that my house is only about fifteen or sixteen years old. We are only the second family in it and the first lived here for about eleven years. I don't know if any of their pets died here, but I know I had a chinchilla who died in the room I am in. Well, this morning I heard what sounded like an animal walking. Actually, it sounded like my cats, and they were in the room, but they were laying down. I heard a slight clack every few seconds, always a few feet away from the last. My cats were not creeped out, but one of them was looking in the direction the sound was coming from, and a few minutes after it started, one stood up and walked to near where I had heard it. While she was walking to the window (she likes to look out at the forest by our house) she looked around her as if watching for something. My cats are very smart, and sometimes they seem to be telling me something. I think animals are more likely to experience paranormal things, especially dogs and cats.

By the way, the chinchilla that died in the room was very sweet. He would run over to the side of his cage whenever I entered the room, and sometimes, I don't know why I did this, but one day he was in his ball and I was imagining him going to parts of the room, and he did it, unless it was to come to me. My pets often become some of my best friends, even though I have human ones. But my human friends don't call me or come over to my house often.

The people who owned the house before us could have had a pet that died, but I don't know much about them. I can't think of anything that would make a noise like I heard, and it's the first time I've heard it. Also, I often feel like I'm being watched in that room.

What do you think it is?

Other hauntings by NMS

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NMS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Ps1983 (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-20)
My parents had a cat while I was growing up that "stuck" around after it died. I would hear it howl and scream in the middle of the night. My mom heard it too. Atleast I hope it was our cat, I saw and heard a lot of crazy things being in that neighborhood.
theinterestedguy (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
this animals sound need to be described in much more detail but if it sounds like a scratch type noise or if you don't know what animals make it look on the internet or buy foods for different animals and lay them on the floor (dont let your cats near them) if they have gone without your cats in the room then you definetly have the ghost of an ANIMAL 😢
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
ghosts of animals is very interesting... I find it amazing that sometimes animals will come back to visit their owners. Almost like how humans might come back to say goodbye
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-10)
Hi NMS, unlike a lot of people, I believe animals
have 'souls' energy, and when people/animals die
the soul goes on. It may have been your little
chinchlla; I saw the spirit of my little poodle,
and my friend saw a cat her husband once had,
so take it however you might, but nothing is
impossible in God's world.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: