You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Aware Of Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Aware Of Spirits

 

I am not a very good writer. So please forgive me. I Believe that since I was very little I have been aware of spirits. I feel like a magnet to them. Sometimes I sense them, sometimes I see them, sometimes I hear them. I have never been ok with that. I feel like I'm going crazy at times? Mainly because if I tell anyone, I feel like they would indeed feel that I was crazy. No body wants to feel like they're crazy.

Two years ago I moved to NJ from PA. I didn't have any paranormal experiences in quite awhile. Then a year ago I had my daughter. Things started happening around then. Pretty frequently. I would get waken up at night by feeling like something had been touching me. My daughter also would have a blood curdling scream, she slept in the same room as me for awhile. I usually thought it was because she was hungry or needed a diaper change. So I naturally would get up and get her what I thought she needed. I then would feel like I was being followed. It made me feel un-easy. I would also feel angry all the time for no reason. Which caused MANY arguments with my boyfriend and I. I also would have dreams of this man staring at me in my home while the house was pitch black.

During Thanksgiving 2010 my boyfriend's family and I were sitting in his family's living room, his cousin was playing with our daughter while my boyfriend and his uncle were playing an acoustic guitar. His aunt was sitting on the floor next to him. Now the family room is right next to the front door. I was talking to my boyfriend's cousin. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw someone sit up and get out of their seat. So I naturally looked over to see who it was. I then saw an old man with white hair wearing something red walk through the door, and walk past the stair case. This of course startled me! A random old man walking through the door? I took a double take, and thought that I was just seeing things. My boyfriend's Aunt I guess noticed that I felt uneasy about something so she asked me what was wrong. I told her what I thought I saw. Her and her husband both said at the same time "Phil's father." which is my boyfriends grandfather. I have never met him. He had been dead for over 10 years. My boyfriend's aunt showed me a picture of her husband's father. It was the man that I had seen walk right through the front door.

After that things intensified... My daughters toys would light up and turn on by themselves. My daughter would wake up crying worse every night. The touching would get worse. Not only that my boyfriend started to notice.

I moved into my current apartment about 4 months months ago. The day after Christmas of 2010. I felt happy and relieved when I moved here. I felt like maybe I had gotten away from whatever was causing me to feel uneasy and so angry. Especially whatever was bothering my baby and I at night.

About a month flies by I feel nothing, see nothing, hear nothing. It was a normal day, running around for things we needed for our house, groceries and etc. I noticed though that things in our bathroom kept falling off it's shelf. I really didn't think anything of it. Then my family and I went grocery shopping, came back home. Our daughter didn't take a nap that day, and she fell asleep in her car seat. So we left her in there so we didn't wake her. During our time putting away groceries we started to hear our child laughing and talking. We went to go get her but she was still passed out! Had not moved since we last saw her. It naturally creeped my boyfriend and I out. We went back into the bathroom to put away our bathroom supplies and we heard her again! Again she was still motionless and asleep. That night I started feeling like someone touching me in my sleep. I wanted to cry, I thought I had finally gotten rid of this spirit who wanted to communicate with me at night!

One night my daughter woke up screaming again. I went and took her out of her crib and put her back into bed with me. I laid there comforting her. She finally fell back asleep. I rolled over to get comfortable then I heard a woman's voice I have never heard before say my name "Katie." I cried myself to sleep. I didn't know what to do anymore. I was tired of being frightened. A week or two went by, I was still being woken up at night by the touching. I decided I wasn't going to let it notice that I knew it was touching me anymore so I never opened my eyes and continued to sleep. I decided to take a shower, it was just my daughter and me home that day. She kept crawling up to the bath tub and kept opening the shower curtain. I asked her a couple times "Please don't do that, the water will get all over the floor. Mommy is taking a quick shower." After the last time I asked her I heard her crawl away. Then the shower curtain flew open and my shelf in my shower fell over. I looked out the shower curtain and my daughter's butt was sticking out of her bed room door which was right next to the bathroom. She couldn't have crawled that fast to open it that fast. I continued to ignore it. So I closed the curtain and continued to bend down to shave my legs. I then felt like someone was behind me and I felt someone poke the middle of my back. I turned around and said,"You need to leave my family and me alone now!" I also then began telling my close friends and my boyfriend about it because I couldn't keep it to myself anymore. It was touching me, it wasn't just at night anymore.

Another couple of weeks go by, the touching while I was asleep slowed down. I felt like me saying something finally told it I was serious. I was giving my daughter a bath, we were playing with her bath toys she was laughing and splashing. I then felt like someone was standing right over me and I began to feel uneasy. My daughter stopped playing, looked up and just moved her eyes back and forth like she was looking at someone or something. Then she started crying. I quickly called my boyfriend to come into the bathroom. After that more things fell off shelves in the bathroom but now I heard dishes move around in the kitchen as well.

This time I was now being pushed while I was sleeping at night. I would yell at my boyfriend and would ask him why he did that. He wasn't even facing me to have pushed me and was completely fast asleep, snoring and all. My boyfriend now started seeing things in the hallway when we would get ready to fall asleep. It didn't make him feel comfortable at all. I hate to say it, but I was happy that he was noticing things too! I was feeling more sane. Which feels wonderful after all these things happen.

Then one morning my daughter is crying. She hadn't done this in a long time. I thought my boyfriend had already gotten up and was in her room talking to her. Because I heard him talking. But my boyfriend was asleep right next to me fast asleep. I ran into her room, grabbed her, and ran back into my room. I am now completely scared that this is a demon. I mean, I heard my boyfriend talking to my daughter when he was laying right next to me fast asleep! I didn't sleep for the rest of the night. It was 4:30am when this happened. For the next couple of weeks, door close by them self, things fall more frequently. I am getting less sleep.

Last night was the last straw. I'm laying in bed pretending I don't feel something poking me again. My daughter starts crying so I get ready to get up and get her. I look across my room and right near the door is a little boy. He has a bowl cut, turquoise sweatshirt and underneath his sweatshirt is a white shirt with a collar. He has no face. The best way I can describe this to you is that the rest of his body was vividly detailed but his face was black, he had no eyes, no, mouth. I stared for about a minute frightened. I covered my face and quickly moved over to my boyfriend. About a minute later my daughter stopped crying. I laid in bed all night under my covers. I was too scared to look at the time. I know what you're thinking... No way did this happen, and a 23 year old scared of a little child spirit? I know I was not dreaming. I know what I saw. I have never been so sure in my life. I need help. I need help cleansing my house, my family, anything. I can not take feeling petrified, tired, confused, and helpless anymore.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katiepantyhose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

katiepantyhose (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Ok so my brother in law was just in my bathroom and he comes saying he thought her heard my daughter talking to him and that the shower curtain just opened on it's own. I really would love to know what entity can mimic people's voices and can move objects. We have said several times for it to leave. In the lords name, for our sake, and nothing.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
katiepantyhose,
Yes, you are a magnet for the spirits because you can see, hear and sense them and they know it.
The little boy? I think the spirit presented itself that way hoping the sight of a child spirit would be less frightening to you. Plus that could be why you didn't see a face, because it was showing itself in a different image, one that didn't really exist. Kinda hard to put a face onto someone that never existed.
The grandfather? Obviously a residual, which just means he's not even really a spirit, more like a recording of the grandfather that plays at random (or sometimes schedueled) times. Sure, it's startling, but nothing to really fret about, and couldn't hurt a fly.
The only worry I can see is you've backed down and basically given them the run of the place.
Think of them as people without actual flesh and blood bodies anymore. They've wandered for what could be years with no one even noticing them at all, no one even looked in their direction. Then they find you. You show signs of actually seeing or hearing them, thus proving to themselves that they really do exist. Wouldn't you try harder to get a reaction if you were them? Even a bad reaction is still a reaction.
So here you are at the point of questionong your own sanity and they're just getting started. Now is the best time to put your foot down because you definetly have their attention. You just have to stand tall, shoulders back, feet firmly planted in place, and speak to them just as you would a classroom of noisy kids. Get their full attention and let them know that you have had enough. You will no longer stand for this childish behavior, they will behave or they will be out on their ears! Speak with determination and force, take no prisoners attitude. They will never again go near your child or they will be no more! Anyone even thinks about touching you or anyone else around you, you will make them wish they never came near you! You have to believe what you say or they will know it.
My mother did this, I saw her do it, and she never had any problems that couldn't be stopped by just a stern talking to or a look. They towed the line with her because they knew she meant what she said, we all did. And so can you!
😐
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
katiepantyhose: I am sorry you are going through this. Hmmm a Poltergeist possibly, but I believe a Poltergeist is not a spirit at all but the build up of telekinesis in the subconscious of someone typically teenagers mainly females but not excluding males under stress, emotions, hormones etc well that is my theory anyway but there is a lot of people out there who will agree with me.

The fact that you have seen the spirit of a boy tells me that there are restless spirits that I believe are attracted to you, you are a spiritually open minded person. I think Louslips has given you some good advice be firm and strong against this you mention it worsens, I believe they are trying to just test your limits and trying hard for your attention.
If this continues to get worse I think some other form of cleansing will need to be done or as already mentioned a trustworth medium may be able to shed light on your situation. Stay strong and please keep us updated with this. All the best to you and your family.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
These entities sound like Poltergeists to me. But maybe these enties are just trying to get your attention by pulling things off the shelves, etc.
I do have to agree with LouSlips.
In regards to the Child with no face, I have heard somewhere that it takes extra energy for a Spirit to materialize his/her face for some reason.
My Husband has had similar things happen to him. Even if you bless your house, you will most probably still be able to see and hear and feel Spirits. Spirits tend to be attracted to people that can sense them.
Maybe you could try and help/communicate with the Spirits?
You could try and get a Medium to help you do this.
Please email me if you need help. I'm sorry that you and your family are going through this.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
MiamiMom (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Hello-I am writing really quick b4 my cell battery dies out... I have had several encounters with spirits in my life... Once in my sleep I felt a cat like body walking over me... It woke me... Scared me, but I brushed it away... Since I didn't see anything. Then about 2 years ago in a new house we moved in too-I started seeing (from the corner of my eyes) a black shadow figure walking past my hallway... My husband would hear noises in the kitchen (pantry doors,etc.)...toys would turn on in the middle of the night... I even recorded a white light (kind of like a...slow moving shadowy light) looks like its coming down from above my ceiling then it disappears. I would feel someone standing behind me while doing dishes... I even heard the voice of a man whisper in my ears while I was sleeping to wake up-I did... And looked at my sleeping husband thinking it was him. My husband is a chicken... He is scared when it comes to these things, but I wasn't...just very curious to know why and who was here. I remember one day in the car on the way home... My husband and I were talking about the spirit in our home... And my husband was saying how he's not scared anymore and talking garbage... When he walked into our home... Our huge wall clock that has been on our wall for years on a hinge (you have to sort of clamp it on the hinge and pull it down...) fell off the wall and shattered... That was the last straw... We had someone come to our home while we were away and pray... Since then we haven't seen of heard anything at all. By the way I researched and the first home owner was a man that past away while jogging (heart attack)...Oh I forgot to mention 2 more things that happened as well... Once we were asleep... It was about 2:00am and our front door opened... And another time (that kind of frightened me) my husband and I were in our room and we usually have the doors open (we have two large bedroom doors) and someone/something grabbed the door handles and shook the doors... We were the only ones in the house... My husband was freaking out, but honestly... Besides the wall clock-I never felt a negative vibe. I'm not a church goer, but I do believe in a higher power and there are other unexplainable things out there... Spirits there are... Good there is and so is bad... Just be strong... And pray and cleanse your home... If it gets worse seek additional help and don't leave your child unattended... Good Luck & Be Safe! 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
If you want them to leave one thing that may help (depending on your religious beliefs) is to have the house blessed/cleansed or to command the spirits to leave in the name of Jesus and pray to God about it. Again just depending on what your religious beliefs are.

Now if there is anyone that decides they want to try and use a Ouija Board in your house to try and contact them, don't use it. I'm not going to go on a rant about it, but unless someone knows what their doing, it could end very badly.

Peace
JustCurious
katiepantyhose (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Thank you. I have been telling them to leave and whenever I say anything the activity worsens. So I just ignore it because I would rather it die down from ignoring it then make it worse. It's just awful because I really can not explain to a 1 year old what is happening.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
I am siding with LouSlips on this one. You definatly need to stand your ground and stand firm when you tell them to leave you and your family alone. Though I have to add one thing is to prepare. You may have to force them out but be prepared for just incase activity picks up or if they turn to more violent measures. Not saying that that's what will happen, and not trying to scare you. Just saying that that's a possibility. I hope everything works out for you.

Peace
JustCurious
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Katie,
Take a deep breath. I've been where you are right now, and although easier said than done, you have to take control of this situation. If someone walked in your house and touched you in your sleep, what would your reaction be? If the same person walked out of your room and frightened your child, what would your reaction be?
I do not sense anything demonic. What you are dealing with, is likely multiple human spirits. Some might be mischevious, some may even be negative; but they were people and they can be dealt with just like people.
How protective are you of your child? Right, exactly. If anyone or anything ever came close to harming or terrorizing one of my children, it would be them that would suffer. Although they may have been there longer than you, they do not have the right to torment you or your family. You need to replace your fear with anger, and your wishful thinking with a commitment to protect what is yours. You did a wise thing when you told what bothered you in the shower to leave you alone, but you betrayed your assertion by showing fear immediately afterward. Continue to confront this situation forcefully and without compromise.
We all have limitations we have to live with within our relationships. You need to lay down the law, and they need to live by the rules, or you will force them out... That is what you need to say, and more importantly, believe.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: