You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Worst Holiday Ever

Real Ghost Stories

Worst Holiday Ever

 

Around 2 years ago when I was in first year of High School my Grandpa, Uncle and Aunty decided to take my sister and I to Barbados for our holidays, we had only ever been to Cyprus before so we were excited about going to a different country.

We arrived at the airport around 6pm and it was still daylight, so when we got the taxi back to the hotel we decided to go check out the room and then go down to the pool for an hour or so then go for a meal.

When we were at the pool it was very quiet there was only about 4 or 5 people in the pool, we then went inside to our rooms to get changed and ready to go out for a meal. We had already laid clothes out on the bed for us so we didn't have to rummage through our suitcases but when we went inside our rooms all our suitcases had been zipped up and the clothes that were on our bed had been put away, I didn't say anything to anyone about it as I just thought the Maid had been in to tidy the rooms.

We returned from our meal that night around 10 or 11pm my sister and I sat in the bar watching the movies that the bartender would put on for us and my Grandpa, Aunty and Uncle would sit in the lobby talking to other people that were staying in the hotel, we then returned to our rooms around 1am to find that our suitcases had been opened and tipped about the place, the beds were a mess and the volume on the TV was up full, after we tidied everything up and rested in our beds my grandpa went down stairs to complain to the manager, after the manager had apologized and what not my grandpa returned to his bed.

The next morning we awoke to find that all the windows in the room had been opened and there were no covers on any of our beds, this creeped us out more at the fact that the door was still locked, we spent the rest of that morning looking for our bed sheets and still couldn't find them. While my Grandpa, Auntie and Uncle were in complaining once again to the manager my sister and I were in the pool talking to some friends we had made.

This next bit may not seem so believable but trust me; if you were there it would have scarred you for life.

One of our friends Dominic pointed up to our room window in the hotel and said with short breaths 'who is that?!' My sister and I flung our heads round to the balcony outside our hotel room to see a man standing on top of the banister, we couldn't see who it actually was because it seemed more like a black shadow rather than an actual man, and It was too thin to be my grandpa and to small to be my uncle, we seemed to be the only ones that noticed as the man jumped from the balcony and fell, we ran straight into the reception and shouted it at my grandpa we ran up to our rooms to find our hotel rooms wrecked completely even though the door was locked and when we looked out the window we didn't see anything on the ground such as the man that jumped off.

Does anybody know what this might be?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, danielyy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MysteryVin (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
He was reliving how he died. Just to show you. Someone must have pushed him off.
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
I think if this is indeed spiritual energy/activity it can be almost represented by viewing the figure jumping off the balcony of your room. If it is a spirit of an individual who ended it all in this particular hotel room then well like anyone there'd be a reason to commit suicide. I believe some called it "The ultimate individual act." To commit an act like this willingly (as I am assuming, it just seems more likely to me) there had to have been some severe issues leading to an effect of no hope. The feeling at the time of death and energy put out can be represented in this haunt. Anger, hopelessness, distrust, destructive behaviour. Perhaps this spirit was reaching out to show you why they took their life.

Of course this answer is just based on the facts you gave and could be completely wrong, but hey, welcome to the uncertainty of what lies beyond death. I'd definitely give the hotel a research if the case interests you enough like many of the other comments have said. Thanks for sharing your story, it was an interesting read.
twisted_individual (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
oh my god! If that happened to me I think I would run out and never return. One of my friends is experiencing that right now except for coming home to a messy apartment. All she experienced so far is seeing a shadowy figure, weird noises and doors opening on their own (esp. When there locked).
MassiveBender (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
When your suitcases had been tipped up and the volume turned up what did your grandpa complain about? I would think in that situation you would think that someone had broken in and tried to steal your stuff rather than just messed it up.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
Well, I was also thinking that it could've been a suicide there and the Man's Spirit still lingers where he died.
I would suggest finding out more information about the Hotel and in particular, that Hotel Room.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
interesting post thanks for sharing.
Sounds like a suiside haunting to me like other comments I would say try looking it up and research the hotel.
darkcookie (24 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
It could be a demon. I think this because usually demons are described as all black shaped like a man and no face. I am not sure but that is a possibility
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
I have this feeling that your family is not the first to encounter him.
Very interessting though. I would love to expirience that.
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
Sounds very eerie. Maybe there was a suicide at the hotel before, and that the person jumped from the balcony in that very room you stayed at? Perhaps you saw the haunting of the suicide itself. Whatever it was it seems scary, and maybe you could look it up if something happened at the hotel.
Thanks for sharing!
XxSuicidexOrchidxX (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Well it seems the guy from your room was staying there the night he died. Did you find out any info on the hotel you were staying at? He most likely didn't want you to be there. Very interesting story. Hope to read more.

-Liz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: