You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Henry... Our Office Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Henry... Our Office Ghost

 

Hello everyone!

I need some advice about an ongoing experience we are having in my office.

Most days we have a visitor (we've nicknamed him Henry) twice, once in the morning at about 11 and then again at 4 in the afternoon.

I'll explain my office layout from the fire exit so this doesn't get confusing. We are a ground floor office.

Towards the back of the office there is a fire exit, as you walk through the fire exit my desk directly in front to an angle on the opposite side of the room. If you turn right and take a few steps forward you get to a pod of desks to which my boss is sat sideways to the right.

Henry dresses quite old fashioned, in a black suit with a white shirt and a blue tie.

He has shiny black shoes and he wears a top hat. He looks like he is in his late 40's and has a quite friendly face.

At first he would walk in through the fire exit and wander up the office, stare into space not particularly at anything and then walk back again through the fire exit (which goes onto a stairwell).

He used to glance over at me on occasions but I always felt okay when he was around. But recently it's been progressing.

He's started to walk in the same way but then stop at my boss's desk and just stare at him for a few minutes then walks back. This carried on for a few weeks until yesterday.

It was different, He walked in as usual walked round to his desk stood behind him, crossed his arms and stared downwards into the back of his head.

If he moved Henry would follow.

Today he did the same thing again.

He's never made me feel threatened and I've always felt like he's a friendly spirit but today I was freaked out. I just didn't "feel right".

Everyone was commenting on how the atmosphere was weird and how cold it was.

They only mentioned this after Henry came in the room.

Most of the people in my office are skeptics and don't even like talking about things of that nature so I can't really ask them their opinions or if they have had any experiences of their own.

The only experience that has been shared with me is from a friend at work that has seen a ball of light fly around the middle pillar in my office and around the ceiling; I've seen this a few times as well.

A white ball like outline and a see-through center but very bright. It's just a quick flash round the office then it's gone.

I've tried looking into the building history but I can't find anything at all, its weird it's like it never existed until now.

My building was built in 1969 and the buildings surrounding this one were built in the 1800's.

I did read once that guy around that age fell to his death down the stairwell but I can't seem to find that site anymore, it's weird.

That's all I know, I can't find anything else. I'm even struggling to find any pictures of the surrounding areas. I've done searches at libraries and the town hall I've even looked on heritage sites and Google. Nothing.

So I'm hoping that you guys could help with what you think is happening.

Other hauntings by xXelliemayXx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xXelliemayXx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
This is a very interesting story. I have read most of the comments and have seen that the suggestions that I was going to make have already been addressed. But I have to ask - did this not scare you when you first realized what you were seeing?
I know that you don't want to look loco to your co-workers - but have you tried to wave at him
(in an inconspicuous way) just to see if you could get him to communicate with you? - Of course, the fact that he has taking up sitting behind you could be his way of communicating.
Please keep us posted - this is in my faves.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-16)
Any luck with the recordings? Interesting he is staring to sit behind you and your friend. Hope he talks to you. ❤
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Gleekwitch123, I know the dangers behind Ouija boards... But thankyou for your concern.

Lexi13, When you say what kind of office what exactly do you meen? Do you meen how old it looks or?
Sorry for my confusion

Thanks for posting!
xXelliemayXx ❤
Lexi13 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Well what kind of office do you work in could he relate to that?

Lexi
Gleekwitch123 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Hmm...
Well its Quite Intersing It might be the land Before
Or maybe the boss made " Henry " upset By doing somthing Good luck on finding the artical again... Maybe the person who posted the artical might've deleted it or somthing
But NEVER and I mean NEVER try and Ouija board to communicate with him
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
xXxDanii2k19xXx, I have been looking in to see if it was that guy but it hardly had any information and I can't find that webpage anymore. I know it wouldn't be a previous boss of hour company because the founder is still alive. But it could be a previous company.

Otteer, His tie is just a usual tie... Would be cool if it was a bow tie though! I can't find any info on a previous building, but I have found out that the surrounding ones were warehouses. Our company moved into this building when it was already erected a couple years back. Along with a few other companies so I wouldn't find anything looking into our company history plus I already know it and there's nothing that suggests any deaths of employees.

Chris004, Thats a good thought! I don't think he has any link to our company... As the founder is my bosses dad and he is still with us. I also know that there wasn't any employees passing.

Ive not come to any luck with the building history... I'm still searching though. I have also found out that the buildings surrounding are grade 2 listed and were warehouses and shops... Some poeple died in them so maybe he could be from one of thease and he decided to come into here when it was built. Maybe the ground my building was built on was a type of graveyard or memorial garden for the poeple that lost their lives in the buildings surrounding, Just a thought!

Henry on a turning point has started coming over to me and sitting behind me and my mate at work that sees orbs. He still stares at my boss though but maybe this shows that he does know I can see him because I have been trying to speak to him a lot recently. Not had any luck with the paper tecnique but I'm thinking of doing some recordings on my phone later today and see if I get anything then.

Thankyou all for commenting!

XXelliemayXx ❤ 😁
Chris004 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
I think Henry is trying to find something. Maybe some information. Maybe Henry worked there and the boss at that time, was planning something. This will probably explain his "interest" in the person currently be the one calling the shots.
You should let us know what Henry is up to lately. If he is still acting the same way.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-16)
I think he is from a time before the building was erected, a top hat can be from the 1800's up to about the late 30's. Is the blue tie a bow tie? It is possible the building could have been a hotel, or boarding house (shops in the early times) or possibly restaurant or bar. Possibly he is connected to the previous building and is targeting the boss because his father destroyed his building. I hope you can get some evp's. Just have the recorder on your desk and when you see him, turn it on. When he leaves, turn it off and check it when you get home.
This story still continues facinate me, can you google the Boss's dads name, or the business name and see what you come up with. There had to be a building permit issued for demolition even if it was a park or empty space.
Good luck!
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
chris004, The company I work for is family run and was founded by my bosses dad... He is still living so I don't think it could be that... Unless it was from a previous company? Henry knows I can see him he looks over at me from time to time. Smiled at me once too.

Pjod, I have tried the pen and paper tecnique a few times no but I have had no luck, he came in twice today and looked and smiled at me both times... I did say hello in my head to him but I don't think I got a reply. I have no idea what he wants with my boss!

Sharmar, I did say hello to him in my head today but he didn't answer, ill try again on monday... It would be goog to know his real name 😉

Thanks everyone for posting!
Ive not come to any luck with the building history... I'm still searching though. I have also found out that the buildings surrounding are grade 2 listed and were warehouses and shops... Some poeple died in them so maybe he could be from one of thease and he decided to come into here when it was built. Maybe the ground my building was built on was a type of graveyard or memorial garden for the poeple that lost their lives in the buildings surrounding, Just a thought!

Thankyou again.
XXelliemayXx ❤
sharmar (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
Try asking him a question in your head, see if he responds to that, that's what I do and sometimes it does work plus you will look less of a nutter! Interesting though, perhaps your boss is up to something and 'Henry' is into good work ethics!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
any update? Very interesting story here. Would love to hear if you are able to communicate more with this guy--- even if it is through looks. He must notice that you can see him. I also wonder what his sudden interest in your boss.
Chris004 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-15)
Hi,

I would like to know if "Henry" is still acting the same way? Maybe he was the former "Chief-In-Command" and just checking if your current boss can run the show. But on the other hand, why would he only start doing this now? It gives me goosebumps. Do you think he knows that you can see him?

Its really freaky, but I truly enjoy it and would like to know what Henry is up to lately.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
Lexi13, I'm going to try talking to him but when your sitting in the middle of a busy office it is quite hard! I don't think id be able to find out if my boss was hiding anything... Hes not a "talking" person if you get my drift. So unless henry tells me something I don't think ill have much luck there.
Thankyou for your comment 😊
XXelliemayXx ❤
Lexi13 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Try to talk to him and see if your boss is hiding something I am only 13 but I know alot! 😊 ❤ Lexi
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Hello everyone!

Otteer, that's a really good idea... I don't know if ill be able to record in the office though but ill see if I would be aloud!

JustCurious, Thats a really good take on the situation... I thought that its odd for nothing at all to be listed or photgraphed, but I do get the feeling there was something here before this building!

Taz890, I have never heard of that method before but ill give it a shot tommorow... The cleaners in tonight so I don't think he would do it. We thought the same about him not liking my boss... Maybe he can see him and freaked out one night or something... Who knows! I shall try to find out though.

Peterspirit, The company I work for is family run and was founded by my bosses dad... He is still living so I don't think it could be that... Good thought though!

Thankyou all for posting 😊

XXelliemayXx ❤
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
Hi xXelliemayXx,

As all the other posters this sharing fascinated me! I think, just an idea, that the guy you are seeing could have bin a former boss of your company. And finding someone els in charge might be the reason for his bad groing temper? It could have bin another building before the one where you are working now.

Greetings,
Peter
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
how interesting thanks for sharing.
It does sound like your boss has some how upset henry in some way, would be interesting if you could find out what it is.
Have you ever thought of automatic writing? Just before you leave work ask him what the problem is and tell him you will leave pen and paper out for him to answer you. It might not work first time but if you keep trying you might get some answers and you could find out his real name too.
To save looking strange just whisper it if you are not alone.
I also think you should tell him that you don't mind him popping in but you don't think he should be acting like he is at the moment.
Please keep this updated if you can.
All the best
Carl
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
That is weird that the article seemed to dissappear. Hmm... Maybe the spirit has some sort of way of trying to keep the past a secret. And as far as people not remembering what was there before, it maybe cause of something bad happening. According to what I heard from someone, sometimes when something bad happens, people decide to try and forget it instead of writing it down and recording it. Maybe something about that can be a reason why the history of the land is hard to search back on? I don't know. Just a thought.

Peace
JustCurious
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
I was thinking, how many others may be seeing something and not saying anything for fear of looking a fool. It was nice that one of your co-workers spoke up and backed up your experience. It maybe something to bring up on All Souls Day (Halloween here) and then ask if anyone feels or see's anything odd. You may even want to keep a digital recorder on your desk running at the time of walk through to see if you can get an EVP from this "person". I just love this story!
Good Luck!
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
Lilady4, I was thinking it might be the land... Nobody at work seems to remember what this building was and people that do remember the area don't seem to remember what was here either. Ill keep digging though!

Jafabio23, I was thinking that too because he doesn't seem happy with him!

Lynrinth, I don't want to get rid of him... I just think he has a problem with my boss only. I can't really talk to him though because the office is quite small and everyone will hear me 😳

JustCurious, The article I found about that guy said he fell down the stairwell in this building... But I can't seem to find it anymore its weird!

Otteer, yeah its just me that sees him... But my freind sees the orbs now and then. I haven't triedbecause ill look like a weirdo sat talking to myself in the middle of the office lol! Its only small you see... 😊 I'm going to keep digging

Thankyou all for commenting 😁
XXelliemayXx
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
Am I correct that no one else see's him, only you? He must be aware that you can see him since he looks at you, have you tried to interact with him? Such an interesting situation, It does seem he is trying to convey something.

Good suggestion to ask around to find out owner of building. Use that to trace the sale of the property.

Might want to check county records for sales, building permits, ect, city hall most likely won't have them from that far back.
Good luck and keep us updated!.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Im going to have to agree with Lilady4 that the spirit maybe associated with the land its built on. Was the person that fell down the stairs in the building or just a building close to the location?

Peace
JustCurious
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Well, since everyone seemed okay with the ghost, maybe the ghost is getting a little daring. If you 'feel' something isn't right anymore, then trust it. Maybe it's tell to tell Henry to keep walking through. Say, it's nice to see him, but your boss doesn't appreciate Henry staring at him. It's rather strange, and a little scary. Tell him nicely, but firmly. Maybe it will work. Or just wait and see what happens. Good luck.
jafabio23 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
It sounds like your boss has done something to where this spirit suddenly has an interest in him. Maybe he has done something wrong? Anyway, good luck!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Well, I would think that perhaps this Spirit is associated with the land that it's built on. You are doing the right things, just perhaps talk to your boss, or someone that has knowledge of the area.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: