You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: The Full Bodied Apparition At The Doncaster Air Museum

Real Ghost Stories

The Full Bodied Apparition At The Doncaster Air Museum

 

Some years ago whilst taking part in a ghost hunt at Doncaster Air Museum, I was in a group of fellow ghost hunters in the middle of a vigil, just calling out for some form of spirit communication. We were sitting in the large hangar that was said to be where the planes were repaired during the Second World War and prior to that had been Doncaster's international airport.

The night was a cloudless summer night; it was also a rather mild time of the night too. The group was in good spirits all ready in anticipation for a night of ghost hunting; the adrenaline was starting to pump around the body of all of us. We were calling out for spirit activity when suddenly five of the group saw the solid mass of a human shape move directly past the larger than normal doorway.

We immediately ran to the doorway to investigate who, or what had fleeted past the door, but not a soul was to be seen in the few seconds we had taken to reach the doorway they had literally disappeared

From the whole area when we reached the doorway we inadvertently set off the security lights, but most shockingly outside the hangar there was pea gravel all around the area of the Air museum, which when the ghost hunters walked on it made an incredible noise that could be heard from our chairs in the hangar., however

We had heard no noise from the visitation we had all seen, and another sobering thought also materialized. The figure literally walked straight through the disabled hand rails that lead into the hangar doorway. As we added up all this information the cold realization hit each and every one of us that we had indeed been, very fortunate to have come within meters of a full bodied apparition.

I asked Alan who was staffing the air museum that night, whether anyone else could have walked by the doorway as the figure we had seen was much bigger than Alan's, Alan stated that no one else was on the grounds as the gates were all locked and the high fencing was quite difficult to climb up and the security light would have come on in the event of someone walking in.

The group all commented that we must have indeed seen a full bodied apparition, as in all our endeavors to point to the figure being human, we could not see how it was possible for a human figure to walk by the security lights without setting them off, how no noise was heard from the figure walking on the surrounding pea gravel, and there was no trace or sign immediately after the incident. The ghost hunters who witnessed this still chat about the time, we all saw a full bodied apparition at Doncaster Air Museum.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-17)
Hi Simplyghostnights,

Thanks for having shared your ghostly encounter with us. My father saw the spirit of a lady once and I myself have seen spirits too. They most of the time catch you off guard. I am happy for you guy's it was a good ghost and not the other kind.

Greetings,
Peter
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
That was a really interesting read for a story. I know if I had some sort of experience like that I would get more curious about the history of the area. (Such as if anyone had passed away there when they were repairing planes during the war, etc.) That was great though. Hope to hear any other stories if similar experiences happen in the future.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: