You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Aunt's Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

Aunt's Haunted House

 

When I was around the age of seven, my aunt decided to re-model her attic.

My father was always there to help her re-model, and sometimes he would bring me and/or my siblings along to play with our cousins while he went up to the attic and worked.

One day, I remember I was trying to play with my brother and my cousin, but as young kids there was always a rule," No girls allowed!" So, I went and tried to go play with my older sister and older cousin. They gave me a box full of dolls to play with in the hallway and then kicked me out.

I was sitting in the hallway, and heard a whisper. I couldn't make out what it was saying. I looked at the very end of the hallway, and noticed a dark figure coming closer. At that age, I really had no idea what was normal or not, and I just stared at it.

It came close enough to touch, staring down at me.

Suddenly my older cousin and sister came out of the room and in the blink of an eye the black figure disappeared.

When I was older and in the house, I was in the kitchen doing the dishes.

Alone, I was always scared. But suddenly I became even more scared than usual, like something was watching me.

My brother and cousin came downstairs and had a drink of water, then walked back upstairs.

After about five minutes of cleaning the kitchen alone, I heard the cellar doorknob being toyed with.

I looked at it, and it was being twisted back and forth. I then heard a voice say," Help me." Over and over again. It sounded like a little girl." Help me, I'm suffocating." It said.

I asked what it wanted, and it just started laughing.

I yelled for my brother and cousin to stop, but it just kept laughing. I threw the door open and nothing was there.

Completely filled with fear, I ran up the stairs. I remember feeling like something was following me.

I ran up the stairs,hysterical,yelling and asking if my cousins or siblings were pulling a prank on me. All of them were completely honest and said no.

My aunt also had a large collection of China dolls. She would randomly ask me if I played with them, because they were misplaced. She would ask everyone, but no one ever touched them. Maybe the ghosts, or whatever they were, moved the dolls?

A lot of weird things happened there, and my cousin said they would always get worse when I was there.

Now that my aunt moved out of there I never has to go back, which is a good thing? The things happened there didn't feel right. They felt evil.

Now when I drive pass the house, I just feel sad for them. Sad because they are stuck, probably forever.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CaptainAwesome, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
Interesting story!
You might find now you've got it out you will feel better about what happened in that house.

Do you see or hear anything now? Like in the home you live in at the moment or have you had anymore experiences?
I would love to hear them 😁

xXelliemayXx ❤
shabam247 (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
That is so much like me in my house! My house has gotten so much more active and is scaring everyone. Nice story though by the way. I hope everyone in that house is ok.

Best of luck to ya!
mewmoom (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
wow you must've been scared as hell. Most likely it grew attachted to you in some way and could feel comfortable to try and communicate with you. I agree with taz890 that I wouldn't pity some nasty sprirt but I'd also feel guilty for not trying to help it more. But I'm glad your alright!

Tileah
mystichorse (4 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-04-17)
The girl was not a spirit, it was a demon. I know this because demons ask for help, and when you offer help, they do this evil laugh. Was it evil by the way?
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-17)
Hello CaptainAwesome,

This very scary haunting you have experienced could indeed have been, as taz890 and Lilady4 pointed out, the doings of a not so nice departed. Perhaps it just makes a sport of it to scare each family that comes to live in there out. We have such a house in our neigborhood where no one ever stays too long. Enjoyed reading your sharing!

Greetings,
Peter
CaptainAwesome (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
[at] Rachel,
Thank you for the compliment on my name 😁
And yes, I heard some stories from my brother. He said that he saw a black figure up in the attic, and he threw a piece of wood at it and it went right through it. (Forgot to add that,sorry).
Poppett91 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
CaptainAwesome

This was very emotional, I hate to think that spirits in that house cannot be free. That little girl that you mentioned, I got confused because you wouldn't say "Help me" and then start laughing. That is one strange spirit, but still don't feel sorry for them if you think they are going to hurt you. You take care.

Poppett91 ❤ p.s I hope you post many more.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
Love the name by the way, CaptinAwesome. 😁.
I have to agree with taz890 on this one, in that this Spirit seemed to play with you. But a lot of Spirits can do that, maybe this Spirit was just michievous, that's all.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
darian-russell95 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Woah! That sounds totally scary. But it's a good thing you got out of there before anything got worse.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
Well, a black figure and a little girl's voice from behind a basemaent's door, then laughter, can definitely frighten anyone. It's nice you don't have to go back. It would be interesting to know what type of experiences your cousins had. Hopefully none too bad.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
interesting story thanks for sharing.
From what I "feel" reading your story I don't think it was a little girl talking to you at all but a spirit that was just trying to frighten you for its own amusment.
Like you say it would only do something when you were alone, move your aunts dolls knowing you would be questioned about it and laughing at you when you offer to help, that was one nasty spirit.
Personaly I would say don't feel sorry for it when you have to pass the house, if it knew it would love to know it is still having an effect on you put it out of your mind and be glad you never have to go there again, some spirits don't deserve someones pity.
Again thanks for sharing 😊
Carl

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: