You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Korean Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Korean Haunting

 

I came to South Korea to be with my husband whom is in the Army. I have been here for 5 months. I have been living in my apartment for over four months. About two and a half months ago I started getting the icy felling like I was being watched. This went on with no happenings until last night. My husband is training in the field. I am all alone in the house, just like any other night I got changed, went into bed and called my husband. I got to sleep around 12:30am.

I slept for about two hours when I started having a dream that I have had before. But instead of what normally happened in the dream, an unknown force was on my back with two handfulls of my hair, holding me down. I woke up to find that my head where, in my dream, this force had my hair. I blew it off thinking it was my imagination. I fell back asleep a short time later. The dream resumed where it had left off. This happened one more time before I decided to just stay awake. It was about 5:00 in the morning, I am not exactly sure. I heard a Korean man's voice talking, it was very deep, I could not make out any words that I know. It sounded as if he were hissing the words. By this time I was already terrified. I heard knocking, and my chairs being scooted around. This went on for about an hour. Then it started scratchng my walls. It started soft and short at first, I ignored it until it got harder and louder increasing a lot everytime.

Finally I could not take it any more it felt like my heart was going to burst, it was beating so hard. I got up and turned on all the lights in the house. It stopped. I got dressed and looked around to find all my chairs moved, little things moved, and then I saw the scratch marks on the wall. I was about 6:30 in the morning when I left. I am looking for another apartment. There is no way that I am going to stay there and let it keep getting worse and more violent.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2017-03-25)
Daniel,
First off, Brandy is no longer an active member of this site and will probably never see your message. Secondly, you are coming precariously close to being spam. If you wish to run an ad on our site, please contact our site administrator. Look for the contact link at the bottom of the page.
I do appreciate that you are trying to get permission to use stories for your project, but placing the same thing over and over again on stories is not the way to do it. That becomes advertising (spam) and is NOT allowed. Your 'comment' will simply be deleted.
danioh (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-25)
Hi, Brandy

I'd like to get your permission to post your story on Yongsanlegacy.org. Have you heard of Yongsan Legacy project? The project is to archive interesting stories and the people's traces at Yongsan Garrison since the US base is moving to Pyungtaek in 2017. We have a dedicated section for paranormal experiences on the base since we've heard of so many stories.

If you can elaborate on your story or if you have any other stories other than ghost stories, we'd like to hear from you.

Please visit www.yongsanlegacy.org. We're non-profit organization passionate about preserving the legacy of the base for the future generations. Please help us reach out to people who spent time on Yongsan Garrison.

Thanks,
Daniel
anne_kim (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
the same thing happened to my aunt in Korea too. Maybe yo had the same apartment or something. All I know is that my aunt would wake up in the middle of the night and see that her furniture moved.
SoulSeeker (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
Have you moved out already? If not, I would like to hear more from you. My email is aquincyss [at] yahoo.com. I am currently stationed in South Korea right now & would like to learn more about your haunting if your interested in an investigation and evidence. Also, if you haven't already, to know what you might be dealing with, try researching any history about the house or the area. Hope to hear moer from you soon.

~SS
chiara6821 (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Nice one Brandy! The best thing to do is move out... But did your husband question you?
Gary (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
Brandy, Like I've asked others, where were you staying at. I have been in Korea and mostly worked the night shift since 1990. I was a Dog Handler and we had numerous experiences here in Korea. I have been all over the ROK and would like to get a map together annotating all of the stories and scary places. I have years of investigating the paranormal and would love to check out your old home. I do speak Korean and I am from the old haunted Wisconsin.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
wow that really creepy! I think you made a good choice... MOVE OUT OF THE HOUSE! 😐
ruby_love69 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-08)
maybe you can just stay calm or call someone like your friends and talk to them for a long time until you feel much more better OR maybe you can invite your friends over and tell them to stay with you or sleep over for a couple of days 😁
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Brandy, are you still there? If so maybe you should learn to say 'This is my home now, please leave my home' or something to that effect, in Korean. Maybe he'll get the hint 😉
Chris (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-09)
Watch sponge and if its Jan. 16 run man run! Because ghosts gather on that day!
Melody (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-26)
Hi I m a Malaysian. I love ghost stories. Mayb we all can share our own country Ghost stories with others.
Saan (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-23)
Hi I'm korean and ummmm you do you have any more stories? Cause I just wanted to see more cause I like mildly scary stories ^ ^
robert (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-22)
HI -

I am in Korea and I would like to hear more about your experience....my email address is chonan9999 [at] hotmail.com
Brandy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-17)
I am going to stay with a friend until my husband gets back, we will decide from there.
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-17)
Get out of the house asap Brandy. While our minds can play tricks, not of all of it is imagination.
Before any physical violence, find another place.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: