You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is This A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Is This A Ghost?

 

My husband and I have been in our house for 6 months now, and we have a ghost; or at least we are convinced we do. My husband is a skeptical person and does not believe in these sort of things.

There has been a few times where I've come home from office and saw broken cups.

Recently my stove burners have automatically started burning. My husband doesn't believe all this stuff. He just told me that accidentally they might have burnt.

We Indians do pooja and have some rudraksha and other stuff on top of the entrance door.

Those are missing and there is no chance that children can take them. Sometimes I and my husband felt something kick our backs from under the mattress.

One day after reaching home from office I was startled to see my kitchen filled with water. And there was no leakage in the taps or pipes. And moreover our kitchen wall is the common wall to our neighbor's flat too. But they did not even have a drop of water.

I never hear voices and I've never seen a ghost, but I am so afraid of my house now. No one ever died there. But I am unable to conclude whether a ghost exists or not? And as an Indian we follow vasthu during a building construction. And many a times my mom told me that my house was not build on good vasthu. What should I do?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rupa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-12)
Hi Rupa I know this is in fact rather a late reply but do consider rodents ie especially small rat (I think chathundar in hindi). I suggest this as reason and one more reason too please check this out too.

One of my friend was facing this same problem of kicking on the mattress and he got scared too. Later he took out the bedding along with mattress to keep it in sun...that's when these small rates with whole family was inside the mattress and at night they start bouncing from inside the mattress.

2nd reason is if you got steel or iron cot just check if there is dent or something then at night or other times as one lays down this dent pops up and you feel the kick. I have felt this and I was so scared to even get up and look under the cot. I made my hubby get up and look and then he later lifted the mattress and pressed his hand on one area of the steel cot which was uneven and after sometime it just popped up giving a sound. With mattress on the cot you will feel like a kick on your back.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-26)
Hmmmm...is this house a brand new house built by you, or a second hand one?
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
From your story, let me tell you if such things are taking place in your house, in our culture, we call it as a 'Bira's work- They are not actually 'ghosts' that you can 'see',but their 'presence' in the house lead to paranormal activities. Perform a holy Yagya in your house,, and put the ash 'tika' on all the room doors,windows,walls,ceilings and every nook and corners of the house. Observe if this creates a difference. And do let us know.
ram (25 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
hey rupa, just read your story and may be just my comment might help you. You better consult a psychiatrist because I feel something is wrong (dont feel bad I am not offending you) but these things may be even due to multiple personality disorders. Because the way you have explained your story just tells me something of the disorder
Lollipop101 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
well I think this is an 'evil' spirit because all of these things are quite bad to do usually god pirits help with thingsxx

This comment from lenin_is_here is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

90thst (1 stories) (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
I believe you have a demon not a ghost.
From a Christian point of view, The head of house hold should pray, bless over every room in the house.
Not to bash the bible in your head, but it may not work if you don't pray to God.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
I agree with JustCurious. It's your choice if you wish the spirit to stay or not, but if you wish him/her to leave, tell him/her. If you are willing to let them stay, then tell them their rules that they have to follow.

Best Wishes
angel81 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
hello Rupa,

Nice story. I agree with both Justcurious and sunsetsphere. Even I suggest you, just go through the history of the land. Findings would reveal something regarding the land and may guide you in right direction. You should ask your neighbors about those incidents. Do some Pooja. My prayers are with you.

Angel 😊
sunsetsphere (2 stories) (6 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
To Rupa:

I believe your story and that is good enough reason for me to post a comment which I very seldom do.

All the weird events but the kicking on your back and your husband's from underneath your mattress might be man-made. My suggestion is you tightly secure every entrance into your house. Replace all previous locks and never let anybody else but your husband have a duplicate key. Install padlocks if you can. Installing intrusion detection device is also an assuring option.

If the strange or unusual events occur soon after you had tightly secured your house (1 or 8 hours or 1 day), then they were indeed the doings of a ghost. If it takes several days, weeks or months before weird events happen again, then you are being fooled by intruders. Beware they can ruin your mind as well as your self-confidence. They need time to break your security. If they cannot, the events will never happen again!

As far as the kicking on your back, that too should be investigated by you. If you are sure the kicking comes from right under the mattress and not under the floor, then a ghost could be sending you a message. If it is under the floor, then some prankster could be bashing the floor under your house. You must check that out too for your confidence.

Once you are absolutely sure the events are impossible to be man-made, then definitely a ghost dwells in your house. There are many readers in this website who posses knowledge of ghosts and can advise you appropriately.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
First thing I feel like mentioning is that, no one may have died in the house, but one thing might also be in the history of the land. If someone died in the past on that land they may be displeased that the house was built there, and therefore bringing up why the activity is showing up in the house.

Now there are a few things I can think of that could help you in this situation but they are things I have heard from other people, and figured I could pass it along to you:

1) If you want the activity to stop, but want the ghost to hang around still you can stand your ground, be firm, and tell it that it is free to hang out in the house as long as it follows your rules.

2) If you want the activity to stop and the ghost to leave, then you have to be firm, stand your ground, and tell the spirit/ghost to leave at once.

Only other thing I can add is that if you do this, be prepared for the spirit/ghost may turn violent and can start acting out more when it feels like this is happening to it, so just be prepared for what can happen in response.

And a last note. Do not use a ouija board! I'm not going to go into a whole rant on how bad they are, just that if the users don't know what their doing it can turn out bad!

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: