You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Strange Life

Real Ghost Stories

My Strange Life

 

I have already posted a story on here detailing some events that took place last summer, I am still seeing shadows around my room and hall and feel as though there is someone watching me, and it has gotten to the point where I am beginning to feel that this "presence" has followed me throughout my life.

My mum and dad lived in an apartment for a year before I was born with no strange happenings, it all started the night my mum went into labor with me, she claims that noises started, that sounded like a bowling ball rolling across the roof from left to

Right for hours; we lived on the top floor so there was no attic.

After I was born, books would go missing, presses were kicked in, footsteps would be heard one night I was in my pram and mum heard a musical hairbrush play so went to pick it off the floor, only to realize it was standing perfectly still, when my dad tried to achieve the same clear sound he had to shake the brush quite violently.

When I was still only 5/6 months my mum met me crawling down the stairs, somehow the base had collapsed and I slid out through it, even she says its a miracle I didn't get my head caught the space was so small, it was a heavy, sturdy cot that lasted 4kids after me, without the base ever collapsing again.

When I began to talk that's when things turned up a notch, I regularly spoke to an imaginary friend called "Mickey bad" and had full telephone conversations, sometimes with granda (my grandmother believed it to be my late grandfather of 3years at that point) when I was 1 year of age. My parents both confirmed I displayed psychic tendencies and would regularly announce a visitor just before they would arrive.

Before we left it wasn't uncommon for my family to find me screaming faced into my bedroom corner (at 2year of age) and often took hours to calm me down. Part of the bathroom in this apartment was petitioned off, it clearly had been much larger and anyone who used the toilet there went in twos.

Whenever I turned 2years of age my family moved from our energy filled apartment into a house as it was more practical since my brother was born. Not long after we moved in, my parents were fast asleep but my dad was woken up by a blinding bright light, thinking he had fallen asleep with the light on, he got up to turn it off and then realized the house was dark and not one light was on but as he was up he decided to check on my baby brother, to his shock my brothers blanket and changed from being tucked under him from left to right across his body to being tucked under his head to feet, suffocating him, my dad claims if he hadn't been woken by a light my brother might not have been okay.

Another incident with my baby brother, one day my mum was checking him in his cot, when she dropped the glass she was holding (she was cleaning at the time) so my mum claims the glass shattered above his face without touching him and all the glass landed around him, not one piece touched my brother, she explains it was like there was an invisible shield on him.

Yet another incident with my brother when we were teenagers, we closed our younger brother in his bedroom, being typical siblings, so my brother, trying to get out of the room kept kicking a football against the door and the window above the door, I was standing halfway down the stairs telling my brother to open the door when I heard a massive crash, my brother inside his room had smashed the window and all I could see was shards of glass coming down on top of my brother who was still holding onto the handle, the glass shattered mid air about 4 inches above his head, I ran up to him to see how injured he was, but when he moved there was a clear complete circle, again like an invisible force field around him, I was covered in glass so I'm finding this impossible.

I'm forever seeing shadows here in this house and have a major thing about our back garden,

A few friends have claimed they have seen people in my house when I have been alone, and anytime I'm in the bath, things move on their own across the shelf,

Just last week I was lying in bed, wide awake and trying to gather myself for college when I heard the loudest scream right next to me on my bed, followed by a feeling of somebody sitting on the bed, a dead weight next to me.

Oh and one last thing, stuff happened up until my parents divorced and then stopped but started up again when I was about 13 or 14, myself and my dad are extremely sensitive.

Other hauntings by serenity27

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, serenity27, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
serenity27,
The only thing really worrying me at this point, and I have yet to read part two, is why your parents would tell you about things like this in such a way as to make it sound as if you brought these activities with you upon your birth.
Am I reading this wrong? That doesn't sound right at all.
Well, on to part two I guess.
😕
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
I do agree with Devious on this part. Your story kind of trails off.
They say kids can communicate with Spirits as they are more open-minded, and don't have the blocks in place as Adults do.
My first thought was maybe its demonic, or maybe with your birth, things finally started happening.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Sorry, but it's really difficult for me to understand some elements of your story because most of your sentences run on and have details left out. I had to read this at least three times to figure out what you were trying to say.

The thing about your cot collapsing, I don't see how that's paranormal.

Imaginary friends is another thing. I've heard a lot of kids have them and I don't believe they're all imaginary. Mickey Bad sounds to me like Mickey Mouse, so I have to ask, did you have any MM stuff when you were a kid? Kids pronounce things funny when they're still learing how to talk, and perhaps this "friend" you named after something you were familiar with.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: