You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is There Something In My House?

Real Ghost Stories

Is There Something In My House?

 

I love living in my house. It was built 5 years ago in rural Ireland so what history could this house possibly have? It could just be my imagination but I would love to hear other people's opinions on my experiences.

June 2010, I had lived here a month at this stage. I called my boyfriend Liam on the phone to come home quick as I thought there was a mouse or a rat in my kitchen. As soon as I heard the rattling of the bin bag sitting at the back door waiting to be put in the bin I had closed the two doors leading into the kitchen to trap whatever was routing through my kitchen. It took Liam 10 minutes to get home and he went into the kitchen. The bin bag was sitting there untouched by the look of it but all the bottom press doors opened. No mouse anywhere. I thought nothing of it at the time.

August 2010, It was around half three in the morning. I have a two and a half year old son that sleeps in between myself and my boyfriend every night so I am a very light sleeper. This particular night I woke up hearing somebody running from one end of the attic to the other at least three times. The footsteps were too close together to be an adult it definitely sounded like a small child. My son and Liam were fast asleep beside me; I tried to wake Liam up but to no avail. I just went back to sleep.

September 2010, Once again around three or half three in the morning something had disturbed me. It was very loud scratching on my bedroom wall under the window. The sound of scratching was going from one end of the wall to the other. This time Liam woke up and heard it too. It lasted about two minutes and Liam told me to go back to sleep. I asked him about it the next morning and he said he could not remember even waking up.

February 2011, I had gone to see a psychic about two weeks before this incident. She got a lot of things right about my past but I am skeptical about everything! She told me to get out of the house I was currently living in. She told me my son see's spirits but they mean him no harm. She kept talking about something being wrong with my water but this house is perfect I insisted. Two weeks later again three in the morning I was woken up to the sound of something flooding.

I woke Liam up frantic thinking it was the old woman's house next door as we could hear someone walking through the water. Clear sounds of footsteps splashing though the water. We followed the noise and it was our house. The attic. Liam went up with a flashlight and when he got up all the sounds of flooding had stopped. The water tank was full and not overflowing. He said the water was calm not one ripple through it. I went outside to check if anybody was awake next door but there wasn't even a light on.

I know some unfortunate things have happened to the past two families that have rented this house, in particular their children and my son was unfortunate enough to get meningitis and septicemia one month prior to the last story we were home three days when this happened. I would love to know if I am over thinking things about this house or there is actually something much deeper. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Louise21

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Louise21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

spectravondergeist (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-11)
I suggest that you get out before things get out of hand I don't know why I'm putting this I just feel like something is telling me to so GET OUT!
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
Think I know what is wrong with the whole water thing.! I'm currently moving out and its the immersion. It has never worked but I never turn it on as we all have showers with the electric shower. If I need hot water I half boil the kettle because you would be waiting at least an hour for hot water with my experiences with immersion! I found a letter dated 3 years ago from a plumber saying he could fix it but it will cost a lot of money to previous renters so MAYBE that's what the psychic was talking about.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
I should add to my post that it is possible you have a leak or break somewhere along the line that is allowing ground water to seep in and contaminate the water. It also states more easily contracted when a small child, also when immune system is down, such as a cold etc. Just an fyi... ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
im not trying to be a doctor but because we have had occasional outbreaks of menigitis in our High Schools and you referred to it as something not that serious, I did some research (one of our kids died) Seems bacterial menigitis is almost always fatal if not treated. Viral types of menigitis are often spontanious in healing and easily treated. One part caught my eye though...

Aseptic Menigitis, all Menigitis that cannot be confirmed as bacterial - usually viral (and most easily treated) one such form is:

Amobic meningitis - due to infection with amoebae such as Naegleria fowleri, is contracted from freshwater sources. Source: wikipedia

Septicimia: It may come before or at the same time as infections of the bone (osteomyelitis), central nervous system (meningitis), heart (endocarditis), or other tissues.

So, there is a water link. What would it hurt to have a health official test it? Maybe this ghost is trying to warn you!
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Javelina, I know what tested means...! I live in an estate with 50 other houses and water comes from a mains. And I don't think you can contract the disease my son got through water, it was simply a sore throat, that caused it, trust me I have read a serious amount into it. I'm not saying that possibly a ghost gave him this that's a bit ridiculous I'm just suggesting that the house could be jinxed, maybe a little bit cursed I don't believe in demons either supernatural princess I believe you make your own demons.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
I'm going to echo what BadJuuJuu has said even though you've already replied. Her advice was to have the water TESTED, filtering will not remove the tiniest microbes that can cause diseases to occur. This is probably the best advice I've seen of all the comments seeing as your child contracted two illnesses from somewhere as yet unknown. Spirits are non-corporeal, no body means no germs to pass on.
Sorry that you've experienced such hard times lately with this and I do hope everything works out for the best in your future.
supernatural_princess (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
as again I also agree the land may be the problem... Please do look up your local history,, it may have been a indian burial ground. And also are experiencing most activities around 3am? If so, 3am is know as devils hour... It means that spirits, ghost, demons are most active at that time. Be safe. And thanz for sharing.
Lisa66 (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
I have to agree with some of the posters on here. It definitely sounds like the land may be the problem and not the house itself. You may want to check with your local library or a historian to see if you can find anything out about it. Good luck!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
Hi Louise21, I would also agree with the other posters that the activity is probably/possibly linked with the land. Do try and research the land if you can.
Also, it coulld possibly be something demonic. You said that you woke up at 3 or half 3 in the morning, that is generally thought of as demons hour.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Thanks for commenting, any information is fantastic. Otteer: I never thought of any of the furniture being haunted I know the woman who own's this house definietly bought things second hand.Isandhu: I am trying to buy a house at the mo so I would move but its a fantastic place to live iv moved towns 9 times in my life and I would hate that for my son. The priests here are different I think they would laugh at me if I got them to bless the house. BadJuuJuu: the mains water is riddled with lime in this area too but I filter it anyway. ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
First of all, I am so glad your son is alright after his illness! Those ailments would scare me more than the entity!
I agree with badjuujuu this entity could be attached to the land, or, maybe something you brought home, a used item perhaps. My sister brought home an old ghost gentleman when she purchased an old hatbox. Once it left the home, he went with it.
Perhaps have someone come bless the home. Hopefully you will get some more help from others here.
Best Wishes
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
I know you start off by saying you love living in your home, but would it be possible for you to move? If so, I would certainly consider it. I don't know if I could take these incidents (I'm a bit of a fraidy cat when it comes to the paranormal). On the other hand, it seems your son is sensitive, and whatever is going on may follow you if you move. Perhaps seek further spiritual help (have a priest in to bless the house, for example).
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
After the psychic told you there was something wrong with the water, did you have it tested? Being a germophobe I would've had it tested for contaminants right away. 😳
How old a house is doesn't really indicate how likely it is to be haunted. An entity can attach to land as well as a house, so it may not be the house itself that is haunted. If you can find any history on what may have been there before the house was built, that may shed some light on events.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: