You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: An Unknown Force Steps In With A Warning

Real Ghost Stories

An Unknown Force Steps In With A Warning

 

My ghost story does not revolve around a haunted place. I have had some strange dealings with unknown entities at various locations since I was 21, so I can only assume I am somewhat physic and these entities choose to contact me when they are in the area or the time is right. I can only hear or see evidence of their presence such as lights and TV's going on and off or manipulation of personal items. I have also had a few dreams that contained "video" of events unfolding while I was sleeping, like a plane in route that would later crash and a friend's car accident I actually saw though his eyes as it occurred.

This story takes place in the apartment I shared with my first ex husband. It was a two story town home; the main living quarters where in the upper half, the bedroom in the lower part. Since you had to go down a few steps to the bedroom, it had a basement like feel to it. The downstairs bathroom was connected to the bedroom by a short lighted hallway lined with closets.

My ex was preparing to go out with a friend of his from work, a man named "Scratch". I got an uncomfortable feeling around this person and the things my ex told me about him regarding goings on at work only added to my anxiety. As my ex brushed his teeth and talked about his plans for the evening I stood in the hallway with my arms crossed, listening with foreboding. Movement above me interrupted the conversation, I ducked as I saw the hallway light globe descend and shatter in mid-air, the large shards of glass dropping straight down. The light bulb was still intact and lighted. We both stared at the shards, about 6 in number, speechless. The round rim of the globe was still completely intact. My ex had to leave then, when he did I cleaned up the mess noting that the glass wasn't everywhere, just in a neat pile. Odd.

I tried to put the incident out of mind, convincing myself it was a result of a hairline fracture that weakened and finally exploded with the heat of the bulb. I went to bed and slept soundly until my ex crawled into bed 4 hours later. He told me Scratch was upstairs on the couch, he was going to sleep over as he had too much to drink to drive him home. I went back to sleep until I was awakened by the noise our sliding glass door opening upstairs. This glass door led out onto a patio which also connected to a path to the parking lot. I went back to sleep, too tired to try and make sense of the sound.

The next day when my ex got home from work he told me some fellow workers had seen our car on the strip late the night before (we lived near an airport) and it looked like the occupant was soliciting or dealing. My ex assured them he was home in bed at the time of the incident; it could not have been our car. Upon inspecting the car when he left work he found things in it that weren't there the night before. I told my ex about the sliding glass door sound I heard the night before. Scratch must have taken our car while we were sleeping; the keys had been left in the kitchen.

I had an "ah ha" moment, I immediately got a small step ladder out of the closet and pulled it under the hall fixture so I could examine it. As I expected, the screws that hold the rim of the globe covering were still fully screwed in. I had changed the light bulb myself a few weeks before and was especially careful with the screw placement for fear of chipping the rim. I tested it, the cover was secure. There was no way the globe could have dropped on its own out of the fixture, I knew then it had been a colossal warning about the subject of our conversation, Scratch. I showed my ex the screws and told him based on my experiences in the past, someone, or something, was warning us about Scratch and to not go out with him again. He didn't. Later that week Scratch was fired from work for theft. We never saw him again.

Other hauntings by otteer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, otteer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Thanks for sharing!
Even without your psychic ability, I think your instincts enough could tell you who to run from.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
Derock, sorry for taking so long to reply. Yes it was interesting how it exploded in mid air. If we didn't have near 15 foot ceilings...but, it was like a force field was around the globe, containing the glass in a small radius. Ahh, I dunno, it is just unexplainable.
Im glad I didn't react to the sliding glass door too. I'm surprised I didnt, just as I haven't reacted to other loud noises in the night, I never know if I have dreamt it, or it really happened. 😨 Glad my last warning wasn't so...explosive. 😆
derock7711 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
Hmm. That was a interesting story. But the most interesting is that the bulb fell and exploded in mid air before it even hit the ground. Thats just to freaky for me to imagine. It's also a good thing that you didn't manage to get up and follow Scratch when he was opening the slider and going to your car. Because he might have killed you in the process in hi-jacking your car. But I think the ghosts would have stopped you before you did anything to pricey.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Javelina, are you psychic? Just wondering...

Best Wishes
~Aiafaith1 😆
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Very good point Javelina! If I hadnt of fallen back asleep, I bet he wouldn't have stopped seeing him and I bet Scratch wouldn't have gotten fired. My ex relayed to some co workers what he thought happened, so they started watching him more closely at work. I never thought of that. Unfortunantly, Scratch was just one of many bad choices he was making... Hence the "ex" lol!
Weird about that glass, I think that would frighten me because there is no immediate explaination excuse available to calm the panic. With a glass blowing up on a counter... There is no explaination and that... Would have blown me away!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
otteer,
I can relate to this experience! It wasn't that long ago that I was doing just as I am now, reading and posting comments here, when one story I had just finished reading and was going to comment something I perceived as clever but apparently something or someone did not. Right as I'm beginning to post and put in what I now see was a silly comment, a glass that was sitting on the countertop in the kitchen just broke into hundreds of tiny pieces. No one was in there the counter and kitchen were atmospherically neutral, as far as I could tell. Nothing whatsoever had occured to make thas happen. So I figured I had just been schooled on trying to be clever.
So yes, it was a sign alright. It's just too bad you fell back to sleep after hearing the slider open, or maybe it wasn't. After all, your ex really only stopped hanging out with the guy after he had heard about the car being used in a possible drug transaction.
Thanks for sharing your story.
😉
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
lonely2...yes, very helpful. Nice to know something is watching over me, even if its my inner self lol! I'm going to post my key story, That was baffling, even to me!
lonely2 (5 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
that was a helpful spirit! Nothing scarey, its great to have spirits around like that 😉
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
Thank you for the kind comments Miracles. Fortunantly, these were the only "violent" so to speak incidents. I would have freaked out if it was night when the vase happened but it was a beautiful sunny day. I wasn't alone when the globe happened so it just startled me. The missing items in my home, well, that just ticked me off lol!

510mot, I think you have something there, the vase incident happened after my ex left to go out with friends. Hmmmm I liked very few of my ex's friends, they did drugs and stupid things. I was aware of the name Scratch and it's meaning. He LOOKED like a Scratch!
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
You know, I can't disagree with the Idea that you have a guardian of sort. I have to say though that the poltergeist theory could also fit. By poltergeist, I am refering to the to the more psychic explanation rather that the classic spirtual one. You have prophetic dreams and an strong mistrust of your ex's co-worker.Its not a far stretch to believe your feelings on the matter might not have manifested in a psychokenetic outburst. By the way, down here on the Mississippi Delta we refer to the Devil as Scratch!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
otteer - wow, gotta say, you definitely have someone who has a "Pay attention to me, I'm trying to tell you something" way of trying to get your attention, huh? Most people would completely freak out and assume they have a poltergeist, demon or just a mean ghost and try to get rid of them. I'm glad you now know what's going on when these things start happening.

I enjoyed your story and look forward to more.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Carl,
I had the dream about my friend on a ferry crossing Puget Sound late at night, on my way out of town. It was early Saturday morning, it startled me awake, I told my boyfriend about it immediately. I got home early Monday morning, a message was waiting for me when I got to work later that morning to call the hospital, my friend was there and asking for me. He was lucky to be alive. I'll write about it.
I agree about the manner of warning lol. Before my globe warning I had a vase on a shelf above my sink rock back and forth then slide to the edge and drop over on top of me. I caught it, thank heaven. At that time I didn't understand it was a warning but I did understood it was paranormal. I will have to write about my "key" warning.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
interesting story thanks for sharing.
These dream videos you mention did you mention it to your friend that had the accident or was it a case of realising it was them afterwards?
As for the glass falling then breaking in midair that would have been too freeky to have happen, you would expect it to break then fall (obviously I know) personaly I would ask the spirits to give you warnings in a less strange way if possible.
Hope you post more of your experiances enjoyed reading this one
Carl

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: