You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Little Cottage In Suffolk

Real Ghost Stories

Little Cottage In Suffolk

 

This happened about a year ago. Again it was on holiday, what's with me and holidays? It was a beautiful day, right as rain and it was again time for me to go on holiday to Suffolk. But this time we took our adorable puppy Sprinkles. She was just as excited as me. Still I always found something different about her, she always seemed to act differently.

So we arrived to the little cottage and met the owners. Sprinkles was running everywhere she looked, She was just so hyper active. So the owners showed us around the place, it was mint. But the place was a bit freaky, right at the end of the corridor was a room, and the owner told us not to go in there. I really did want to open that door to see what was inside, but I didn't (just in case).

The place was actually awesome, although my brother and I had to share a bedroom (my luck). My brother is 2 years older then me, so he was 17 at the time, I was 15. He was teasing me about the time we were in Turkey (my other story). I just ignored him and went outside to get some fresh air, I was boiling. When I went to open the door I swear I saw Sprinkles running outside, but then I realised it was her reflection in the window (phew). I grabbed her lead and we went for a little walk around the garden. Every time I looked at her, tears came to my eyes because she always brought me happiness. We were outside for probably about an hour, and it started to get dark, so we went back inside. I was really tired so I decided to go to bed, and I said goodnight to my parents and Sprinkles. When I got into bed, my brother was bugging me and telling me all these stupid stories about a man who used to live there, and one day he got murdered. I just told him to shut up, because honestly I didn't want to hear any stupid tales.

The next few days of the holiday were really enjoyable. We went to the beach, shopping (with mum obviously) and we enjoyed going to all the little Cafe's. Later on we came back, and dad started cooking dinner, I helped him because I do love cooking. My brother as usual was texting his girlfriend (Chantelle). Sprinkles was just her usual self, rolling about and barking (aw). Two hours later (8:00) we all watched a movie (nightmare on elm street) oh lucky me.

So we were all watching it and like me I was screaming, hiding away and clinging to my brother (poor him). And after the film we all decided to go to bed. I picked up Sprinkles and put her in the kitchen, I also closed the door tightly (so it couldn't be opened) and went off to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and then went to the bedroom, as I was walking I felt something, I swear someone was walking through me. I just ignored it and went to bed, still had feelings I was going to get nightmares. But finally I did fall asleep (hooray), but then I woke up because I needed the toilet. My brother was asleep (and snoring), I quietly went past him and traveled to the bathroom.

When I was done I opened the door, but guess who was sitting there right in front of me, Sprinkles. I laughed at her and then picked her up to take her back to where she belonged, but I got a massive shock. The kitchen door was closed (and I mean fully closed) I was wetting myself. How the hell did she get out of there without opening the door, I mean hello she couldn't of just walked through the wall. I looked at the wall and there was no hole, I was freaked.

I took her to the bedroom and layed her down on the floor, she was going to sleep with me for the night. I was going to explain everything to my parents in the morning, but then I had second thoughts, they wouldn't believe me. So in the end I just decided not to say anything and keep it all to myself.

Strangely the rest of the holiday was normal, nothing else happened (nothing weird) and I just tried to enjoy it, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking about that night. What exactly happened to my Sprinkles?

However I had a feeling, I remembered about that room, right at the end of the corridor and we were told not to set foot in it. And then that night I felt something go through me, a person perhaps, maybe the guy my brother was telling me about. And then he could have opened the kitchen door to let out Sprinkles, and then he could have closed it again. I know it sounds crazy, but I had no other ideas.

Please help me on this one, am just imagining things or do you think it really happened.

Thanks for reading. SophXx

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Blacktears, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Instant BS on the grounds that it was written by Blacktears/SophXX who couldn't figure out which account to lie from. Filed in the "yeah right" pile, sorry.

This comment from rdarwish is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Thank you for your story! First of all, I love the name Sprinkles! It describes the dog without even having to see it lol.

What is not written is most likely the key to wether or not this is paranormal and I think you are asking for our opinion if we think it is or not. I can see how you would be creeped out by what you experienced though.

Just for the record lol, we rented a cabin at the beach yearly and were told not to go in the basement the first time we rented. We didnt. Turns out it was the owner's brother's winter apartment. (guess he fishes in the summer). Dont know if the door was locked, we didn't try it. So, the bedroom could have been an office, storage or whatever.

I don't think you will ever know if the dog getting out was paranormal or not, but you might want to ask your parents and brother if any of them got up that night and went into the kitchen. If so, there you go. The dog could have sneeked out or they just didn't care she was out of the kitchen. If no one went to the kitchen, then it makes it interesting.

The feeling of spirt going through you is from what my sister told me, is quite unique and unforgettable. It is possible with the sequence of events that maybe your dog could have been let loose. I have heard stories of cats and dogs being put in closets and bedrooms while people were out of the house.

A couple of explanations of what may have happened:

A) If it was hot and windows were opened in other parts of the home, air pressure could cause a lightly latched door to pop. My kitchen door does that all the time cause it opens to the deck and sometimes I forget to pull it tight and when the front door is open the cross ventilation makes it pops open and closed.
B) The latch was loose and the dog popped it by pushing it open. Cross ventalation or just gravity may have closed it.

C) If your brother and the creepy movie had already put you on edge you may have been reacting to a chill in the hallway or just realizing how spooked you were. That will cause a physical reaction that could make you think something paranormal just happened. Kind of like dejavu, you get that kind of time warped feeling but its not necessarly paranormal.

D) Lucky you, you had a paranormal experience!

Lastly...when we slept at the beach cabin, we all, 2 girls and 2 boys slept in one room, in bunk beds. We were 13,15,17 and 18 years of age with boys being the oldest. Those were our ages when we had our last vacation there so I don't think it odd you two sleeping in the same room lol!

Thanks for the story, glad you wrote.

Thanks for the story, let us know what you family says about that night!
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Also, dogs get into stuff all the time. They're smarter than they look, so I don't think Sprinkles was put in there by something.
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I have the feeling of walking through people all the time, but I never think of it as paranormal, because I'm walking in the dark, and it's hard to see. Granny and rephx are right, I find it hard to believe that they would tell you not to go in there, when your family is renting the cottage. Don't take this the wrong way. 😊
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I agree with taz890 on this. I didn't understand where the paranormal aspect of this story took place. I don't think a cold hallway and a moving dog make up a ghost story. Did you check for any vents or windows or anything. This whole thing could be easily explained away. I really don't think anything happened to you.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+7
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
ok here we go again with "blacktears" sorry to say but where is the paranormal part?
Dog escapes kitchen?
Slight chill in hallway?
Over active imagination after bro tells naff murder story?

And why would a 17 year old lad not be sleeping on sofa? I know I would not want to have had my sister in my room ever let alone at 17!

And the "dont go in there" comment from the renters? No if you don't want someone to enter a room ~
1) lock it up
2) don't rent out the place
Simple!
Granny well thrown blanky I think!
Carl
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
I agree with granny. I don't quite understandt this story at all. A dog figuring out how to get out of a room isn't a new occurance. You should see the crap my animals do
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+8
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
This story must have been in queue for a while...

Blacktears/SophXx: I find it hard to believe that anyone would rent out a cottage and restrict access to any of the rooms... If they didn't want you going in there, they probably would have padlocked it, and would have made no mention of it or excuses about their reasons... Just telling people not to do something makes them want to do it more, it's human nature...

I call B.S. 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Well, was Sprinkles still with you when you woke up? I only ask as I was thinking along the lines of a Doppelganger Sprinkles.
Anyways, great story, must of been scary. I make it a rule to never watch scary movies before I go to bed, or now I have my Husband to keep me company, haha (not being mean to you, just laughing at myself).
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: