You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Bad House

Real Ghost Stories

A Bad House

 

This is my first ghost experience eve that I can remember. It happened around three years ago, so I can't recall everything.

Okay, so we were staying with my friends at a condo in Lost Key, Florida. Some other people were there, too, although I can't remember who they were.

At first it seemed like it was going to be a normal visit. We went down to the pool, swam for about an hour, and then went back up to the room.

Now this whole ghost thing could have just brought on by paranoia, since my friend, my sister, and I were watching "The Haunting". But other people seemed to notice it too.

So we were watching our show, when I decided to go to the bathroom. Now there's a cooler next to the toilet and when I had first seen it, it was open. However, when I walked into the bathroom, the lid was closed.

I asked my friend, "Wasn't the lid on that cooler open just a minute ago?" He said it was, and then we realized that there was someone or something else in the house.

So after I went, I opened the cooler again, just to see if it would close again. Sure enough, during the next commercial, we went back in the bathroom, and it was closed again. And everyone else was in the kitchen, and we didn't see any of them walk into the bathroom while we were watching TV.

After it happened again, we tried to think of logical explanations as to why it was happening. We figured someone could have walked in there while we weren't looking, but then we would have heard the toilet flush, so that was pretty much ruled out.

Eventually we decided to forget it, because the cooler lid could have just fallen down by itself.

Okay, so the whole cooler thing could have been caused by many different things, but here where it gets freaky.

We were spending the night there, so apparently while we were sleeping, the ghost decided to come out again.

The next morning we heard someone cry out inside a room. It was one of the other people we were staying with, the ones I couldn't remember. And then people started saying, "There are scratch marks on the table!" Now remember, this was a pretty large group, because each of our families had at least four people. And all of them were clearly seeing the marks.

Now, it was pretty dark in the room, but I could still clearly see the scratch marks that table. And the part that had been scratched had been made out glass, so no ordinary person could have left scratch marks. And just remember, nobody had noticed scratch marks on the table the day before.

Well, I only had two ghost experiences in that condo, so it's not the most haunted place on Earth. Still the scratch marks on the table were enough to give everybody there goose bumps.

If you ask me, maybe the scratch marks were made by the ghost of an animal. Who knows? If you have an idea, leave it in the comments below.

However, to this day, I am still puzzled as to what left the scratch marks on the table.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EthanGhostly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Interesting account, it's hard to tell what could have left the scratches on the table. But the lid definitely suggests a childish or at the very least, playful entity looking to play a game.
KatalinaMesaru (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
as midnight1105 said, it is probally a ghost child that wants to be seen and heard. Most ghost children don't understand what happened and doesn't know why others can't see or hear them. Most ghost children will play with toys or open and close doors. This childs seems to have tried that already with another group of people and is fed up with the toys. So it tried something else, it used something to get your attention. By scratching the table, it has gotten your attention and now that you know that it is there, you should get some one to cleanse the house, because the child seems fed up and is willing to hurt some one to get attention. Hope that this helped.
agentloco (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
i had kind of the same experience. I might write a story about it 😁
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
Hello EthanGhostly,

A ghost at my brothers apartment kept opening their doors. Each time when they came back from shopping or just from a walk, all of their doors were opened. I believe this is, most of the time, a way for spirits to play with the living. Also a way to say: "hey, I exist!" Spooky sharing, nice read.

Greetings,
Peter
midnight1105 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
Hey,

I am not an experienced psychic even though I have been told I have intuitive skills (which I am trying to grow) and I try my best to help other people but I have the feeling that this ghost is of a child that wants to play and make their presence known. It is not something to be frightened of but this child is possibly confused and needs some direction. Whoever it is, maybe you should try getting a priest or psychic to cleanse the place for you or you could ask a medium about who it is and strategies to help them move on. I really hope this helps! 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
great story enjoyed this one 😊
You say this is the first experiance do you have more? If so I hope your planning to add them too
Carl
aiafaith1 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
Very interesting story.

However, how the ghost got there, I don't know. Did the land have some history to it? Or did somebody die there?

Thanks for sharing!

Best Wishes
~Aiafaith1

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: