You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Night In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Night In My Room

 

I was a young girl. Around 10 to 12. I've never believed in the paranormal what's so ever... Until this one night. I fell asleep in my room and woke up around 3 to 4 am. I always woke up in the middle of night and don't know why. The lights were off so it was very dark but it was not my imagination because this definitely was not a shadow or a dream at all. I was sure of that at the moment it was happening.

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was a person. But not just a normal person (which would have been way scarier). It was a ghost of a person (still scary). The ghost was white and kind of see through. I was able to see my dresser on the other side of him when looking at him. It was an old man. All his features were visible. He had hair, facial hair, glasses. I saw his nose, mouth eyes, ears, etc.

He was also wearing a button down shirt and his pants were kind of visible but it was more blurry at his lower legs and lower arms. I remember watching him in fear at the fact that there was a presence in my room and what if it really was a ghost. I put my head under the blankets closing my eyes, shaking my head, pinching myself, hoping it would just vanish. But when I took my head out from under the blankets, it was still there and instead of waking up from the pinching, it just hurt.

All of a sudden the ghost vanished, but then reappeared again in a second right next to my bed, next to where my head was. He wasn't looking at me though this whole time. He was just looking at the walls in my room. I was so scared when he was next to me but then he vanished again and reappeared in the middle of my room again. That's when I thought that I couldn't just stay here panicking all night. I wouldn't watch this ghost all night in fear. God only knows what would happen. I decided that I would count to three and then sprint out of my room into my parent's room, across the hall. I mean, if this wasn't real it couldn't do anything anyway, right? Not that I thought it wasn't real, but I was trying to make myself feel better. And the whole time before my plan I had my blanket up above my nose, so only my eyes were out and my eyes were wide open in fear.

Well, in my head I went 1...2...3! And I jumped so fast out of my bed and as I sprinted right by it, I saw that it turned its head looking at me as I sprinted by and that scared me too. As I ran to my parent's room my bedroom door was still open and I kept looking behind me to make sure it wasn't following me. It wasn't but he was staring at me still. I jumped onto their bed gasping for breath.

My dad didn't wake up but my mom did. She said "Are you ok?" And I said "Yea." while getting under the blankets closing my eyes. The last thing I wanted to do was talk about it. I just wanted to go to sleep and forget about it. I woke up in the morning in my parent's bed and went to my room and it was gone. I've never seen this ghost ever again. That day I tried telling my mom, dad, and sister the story but each one of them didn't believe me. They just thought I was crazy.

I realize that I made a mistake that night. I should have told my mom to go look in my room or that there was someone in my room so she would look. Maybe she wouldn't see anything or it would have vanished by then but it would have been at least a try. I mean, she said she would never believe it unless she saw it for herself but hey, I get to now say I believe in ghosts. I have no idea why he was there either but if I wasn't so scared maybe I would have tried talking to him to really know if it was real or not but then again, maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea. I don't know how it would have reacted.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dogzrlifeso31, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Blaqwynter (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
When I was that age, I used to live with 2 ghosts, one was a suicide, and another was a murder (given the history of the house) Despite this feat of both men who died in this house, where not violent ghosts at all as most who die a violent death are usually angry spirits...
NativeSpiritTracker (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
I believe the way he manifests himself in several spots in your room, there is a very strong possibility that this man is from your past generations... Meaning that he is a family member who may just have been there to see over you and the family. He may have already been in your parents room or he could have went there after you were there. Either way, I feel this was a harmless visit. My first experience was when I had my first son. He was a newborn sleeping in his crib. I woke up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. There sat my grandfather in the glider rocker next to my sons crib. My grandfather was looking in on him. He turned to look at me and I saw what looked like a single tear in his eye. I was squinting my eyes in disbelief. When I looked back he was gone.
midnight1105 (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
Have you ever looked through some old family photos to see if there were any similar men in your family history? It could have just been an old family member who was checking up on you and the family. If he was not being harmful in any way and just staring at you, he was probably just there to see you for some unknown reason. It's common that ghosts from within the family can turn up now and again just to let you know that they are there for you and that they are watching over you and protecting you. I hope this helps! 😊
MysteryVin (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Scarryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! 😭 😭 😭
evilkitty75 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
😊 Nice thx for sharing.
I think you was brave to stay there as long as you did! 😁
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
The 3am "Devil's Hour" can be put down to a number of things. I personally think its because you are trying to relax and get to sleep, so Spirits tend to try and communicate that way, as you don't have any blocks/barriers up.
Dogzrlifeso31: Sorry for hijacking your story. Don't be afraid of Spirits, nine times out of ten, they will not harm you. I have to agree with Javelina on this one, this Spirit was probably lost and confused. Maybe you can research the land.
And remember, trust your instincts.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
firstly great story thanks for sharing 😊
Now I have to agree with miracles and javelina on the "devil hour" I have in the past know a fare few spiritual people and the odd white witch too and I had never heard of the devil hour until a watched a movie a few years back (exorsism of emily rose) all of a sudden there is this devil hour going around personaly I would say dismiss it.
Carl
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
dogzrlifeso31,
Disregard all the talk of the "Devil's hour", it's just a bunch of noise if you ask me. If that was how it worked then how do you explain the stuff that happens during daylight hours? Besides, it all sounded very innocent, like he was lost or confused. I certainly wouldn't associate what you experienced as an evil spirit. Not all hauntings are bad spirits and yours sounded too innocuous to do any harm to anyone.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
Lollipop - I don't mean to contradict your statement about 3-4 am being the time when spirits are very active, but I don't necessarily agree. It's been my experience, and it's lots of year's worth of experience, ghosts show up whenever they want and can. I've seen them in evening, I've heard them in the afternoon and I've heard them in the wee hours of the morning. I can go on, but I don't think I need to.

I don't think anyone can pinpoint a time when they are more active. I know lots of people say that's the "devil's hour" or whatever, but seriously. After living with ghosts, spirits for over 30 years, I can tell you this for certain. Mine aren't on a time schedule. And I think you'll find that a lot of people on this site can say the same.
Lollipop101 (8 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
yes 3-4am is the time wen spirits are very active. I know this next bit sounds like I'm trying to make it sound scary but midnight is too. Xxx ❤
folorn (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
this was an apparition of someone but the strange thing is some stories say they show up before something tragic
iloveyoulogan (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
Did you look at him very closely? Sometimes they say that your deseased friends or family members look after you because they have unfinished business
supernatural_princess (1 stories) (13 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
interesting story... But did you know aroun 3-4am is the devils hour... More like the time when ghost are most active in manifesting themselves. Thanks for sharing!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
I truely believe that some ghosts just wander in and out and randomly manifest themselves. Its not uncommon for kids to not want to talk about it. Thanks for sharing.
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
Maybe the ghost was just lost and looking for something. Well anyways he doesn't seem to be a bad ghost. Good story! 😊
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-20)
I agree! You should have told your mom! Great story though! Did he ever show up to you again?

Best Wishes
~Aiafaith1

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: