You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Man In The Chair

Real Ghost Stories

Man In The Chair

 

When I was about 5 or 6 I was living in a house in Goulburn NSW Australia. While in that house I would suffer a number of haunting almost every night.

On the nights when I would rarely sleep in my mothers bed, (I was 5 or 6; don't judge me) I would see a man sitting in the chair in front of me, he was a shadowy figure but I saw him. I would see this every time I slept in my mum's bed and every night I asked who the man was but she never saw him and would just shrug off the question with the words I don't know.

But this is where it gets creepy I continued to say, who is the man in the chair until one night I got up to get my teddy bear and walked into the living room then everything went dark and I remember hearing shouting and then being brought back to reality from my mother she says that when she walked in I was pointing at the wall shouting faces! Over and over.

Anyway we moved out of the house a few months later although I do not believe these haunting have stopped due to the fact that I still feel something watching me whenever I turn the lights off and I continue to feel something watching me.

The only people who have ever actually believed me about this are my mother because she witnessed it and my sister.

That's my story I have told very few people about this and very few people believe me so please give me answers to what is haunting me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, folorn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
well your very brave for telling the internet about it
Also the fact you feel your being watched is because if the "man" I'll assume it was only appeared in the dark and because you were 5/6 this had a after effect on you
Plus its normal for 5/6 year olds to be scared of the dark
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
GeminiGoat - why in the world would you come around to this site and start leaving a comment that could make someone more afraid or fearful of a ghost that they may already be afraid of the spirit?

Now Forlorn. I have to comment that sometimes the feeling you get from a spirit may not always be caused by you or be caused intentionally by the spirit. What I am trying to say is that when the spirit passed away, that sometimes the feeling they had before they passed away could be the feeling you feel when you see the spirit.

For example, if the spirit you see felt fearful when it passed away, then that may explain why you felt fearful while the spirit was around. I'm not saying that's what causes it just say it may be a possibility.

Peace
JustCurious
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
folorn,
Just because you weren't comfortable around this spirit does not mean it's bad. The way we're constantly barraged by the movies and TV it's a wonder anyone has a non-frightening experience at all. Don't think it's a bad spirit just because you don't know who it is. After all, the only thing you've reported to us is that you don't know who or what it is. Not that any harm has been perpetrated upon you by this entity, only that it is there and you seem to be the only one aware of it.
This is not a rare phenomenon, it happens every day somewhere on this planet and people have been surviving these encounters for as far back as they have been reported. Once you get past your fear of the unknown you'll be better prepared.
Try asking your mother to go through the family pictures with you. Learn your family history. At some point in this process things may come to light about who this person was. Give it a chance at least. What could it hurt? You may find the answers your looking for, but even if you don't, the time won't be wasted because you will be learning things now that you may miss out on if you wait any longer.
GeminiGoat (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
No, it is not a dead relative watching over you. Why would anyone who cared about you or your family make sure you're okay while disturbing your peace? Have you ever felt comfortable, reassured, or protected when you know there is another presence with you? Another thing that sounds wrong, you said your mom found you shouting and pointing at walls saying faces. Yet you lost your senses and your memory blacked out while this was all happening and returned to reality because of your mom. Spirits know exactly how people feel when they make contact with us. Think about it, your an innocent little kid who sees this shadow man only when you sleep in the same bed as your mom. Why dosen't she ever see it? No one else saw anything when you were shouting faces for no reason. This spirit only reveals itself to you, is that something you want in your life? In my opinion, it is a menancing spirit that needs to be tolded to leave, that it's not welcomed. Even if it was a dead relative I'd still tell them to get lost. I don't want them watching me as I try to sleep, tell them to get a new life or they'll be exorcised into the pits of Hell.
Gregtheking (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Hello!

Over the past few months I've been hearing more and more stories like this... I think it might be shadow people. If you want to know more about them, ask. I know a fair amount.

Good luck,
Greg
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
5 or 6. That is nothing at all. When I was growing up there were times that I slept with my mom and sister in the same bed when I was 15. Yes my house was that freaking scary that we all three had to share a bed.

I also assume that maybe it is a deceased relative just watching.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Hi there I do believe and I don't judge your story I just simple read and Understand... Also you not the only one who that problem Glad your mom and sister believe you some parent don't believe their child who have a expericence. Also whoever could be something there on the land before the building... I really do hate that feeling as being watched that gets on my nervous... Thank for the story.
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Hello folorn,

This indeed could be a deceased family member keeping an eye on you two. Describe him to your mother, like Isandhu said. And together with justcurious I wonder if you feel a negative fibe when you see him or not? Nice and spooky sharing!

Greetings,
Peter
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
There is, like Isandhu, a possibility that it may be a deceased family member watching over you. You say that you feel watched when you turn lights out, etc. Do you feel fearful, or scared when this happens?

Peace
JustCurious
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Could be a relative watching over you and/or your mom, as you say you continue to feel watched although it sounds like you don't see the man anymore. Have you tried describing him to your mother? Has her father or another close male relative passed away? Maybe they have stopped appearing to you so as not to frighten you unnecessarily. Young children seem prone to seeing spirits, and maybe this has faded with time for you. It doesn't sound like whoever or whatever it is meant you any harm. As for sleeping with your mom, I slept with my grandma and/or grandpa a lot longer than 5 or 6, so don't worry about it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: