You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Coincidence?

Real Ghost Stories

Coincidence?

 

Hey guys. I'm new to this but I really want your view on things. Lately my home hasn't been the same. My mam recently got diagnosed with Schizophrenia Paranoia. She always has the feeling someone is watching her and I often find her talking to herself or so it seems. The reason she hasn't been committed to an asylum is because my dad has control of what happens to her.

Well anyway, we were in the kitchen one day and my mam was taking something out of the micro-wave. I could see her mouth moving as if she were silently talking. When she was about to put the plate on the counter the glass chopping board flew into shiny pieces. We both just stood there in shock. And we ruled out the idea that it was the plate because my mam was still holding it. There were shards of glass all over the kitchen floor. But when we looked at the chopping board pieces that were still on the counter they were big chunks of glass unlike the shards on the floor.

As well as this every so often I get this strong musky smell of tobacco and no one in our house smokes. And every Thursday and Monday night I wake up in the middle of the night shaking and end up not being able to sleep.

I appreciate you reading this. I really need another persons input

Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Squeakers95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Hmm that does sound strange. I remember our bathroom had two sliding glass doors that were about a 1/4" thick and very heavy. We had a family member staying over who was taking a shower, and one of the doors completely exploded into hundreds of tiny shards. We still can't figure out why it happened. It was in the summer time and fairly warm in the room before turning on the hot water, and he wasn't touching it or anything when it happened. I have no idea why glass would randomly shatter in your case or mine.
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
This may sound a bit out of place here, but it has been widely reported Squeakers95 - in the context of the UFO phenomena - that tobacco smoke is often smelled in relation to the contact experience. Even psychic phenomena occur in this context too. Food for thought. Also, I'm sorry about your Mother. With the right care and support, everything will be okay.
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
I was about to explain the tobacco thingy when I saw that Squeakers95 had beaten me to it but explained better than I could have, probably saving me abit of embarrassment, LOL. I'd seen something like this on Ghost Hunters on TV some months back and it was debunked when they set up the room and recreated the conditions that would set off the smell. SO, if nothing else, you can atleast elimate that as anything ghosty...I'd also be guessing that the chopping board thing could be explained too. Maybe someone could come up with a rational explanation. 😊

I'm sorry to read about your mums schizophrenia. Must be tough on all of you's 😢
guestus (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
Hi, I hope you and your mom are ok. I'm glad she's not in an asylum because those places are awful and lonely from what I know/heard! Lots of psychologists say it is better for a person to stay with their family. Lots of people with schizophrenia get better and end up finding work etc, but it takes time and lots of support, and the right medication. I know some:) Anyway when your mom gets better maybe introduce her to some psychic protection stuff, perhaps she is sensitive to spirits or something like that, but for now I wouldn't incase it makes her more scared. I'm no professional or anything, just experience from reading etc. Also I read usually when someone with schizophrenia is talking to themselves, they are not talking to an imaginary person, but are just rehearsing stuff in their head so that they are ready for future events, because they are so sensitive. Good luck!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
Hi, I'm sorry about you mom. Just curious, how did your mom react to the chopping board exploding? I was wondering if maybe your mom was sensitive and has been seeing, sensing and communicating with something no one else has seen, until now? I wouldn't worry about the wake up thing, I wake up at 300am alot, nothing ever happens. But the smoke, hmmm phantom smell, I was wondering about the possibility of someone sneaking a smoke too. The cutting board is freaky though, that was definantly a message of some kind, been there, done that and come to think of it, the shards were unnatural in my situation too! (see my story) let us know if anything else happens!❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Squeakers95,
One thing about tobacco smoke smell is that it gets into everything. The residue is sticky too. If you have wooden posts or pillars that haven't been refinished in a long time, if ever, you can bet that any tobacco smell could have ingrained itself into and even below the surface of the wood. On a humid day those scents can be released just by someone rubbing up against that surface. The same goes with any porous surface in the home. Carpets, upholstery, drapery, it can and will find it's way in and only a good and thorough cleaning of fabrics will get it out. The wood would have to be treated and either varnished or painted to seal any remain odors in.
Sorry for the long explanation. As it is, everything else you've mentioned cannot be so easily brushed aside. And I agree with JustCurious on all the rest.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Well done JustCurious, exactly what I was going to ask. I am thinking that maybe a past relative who had smoked in there previous life is there maybe as a protector and to make sure your mum copes the best she can. I would take comfort in this, it doesn't seem as though anything negative is occuring. All the best to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Only things to do is Pray and like justcurious say looking a history on your land before your house was build or after also blessed the house if its bad spirit...
ICanHandleIt (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Well, maybe she is psychic and someone sneaks tobacco at night? If neither, then it was your mom's problem, but I guess its yours too. Visualize light flowing through your house like a smoke and in colors of the mood. Practice that and later you can make the colors what you wish it to be. That is the best I can do to help.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Do you know if there has been a family member that is deceased that used any sort of tabacco product? If so, it could be them hanging around. If not, then you may be able to find something out by doing some research into the history of the land the house was built on (or if the house is old enough do some research into the house) to see if there was anything that had happened in the past that may have led to someone wanting to hang around after their death.

Peace
JustCurious
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Well, that is really freaky. I want to say sorry for your mam's diagonis, can't be easy for you guys. I do think that it is quite unusual that you wake up in the middle of the night, but only on certain days. Maybe try and get your house blessed or something.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: