You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Evil Presence?

Real Ghost Stories

Evil Presence?

 

I had a nightmare as soon as my fiancé left for work at 6 am... Actually I'm not even sure what it was now... I think it was something possibly worse... I remember looking to my right as I was laying straight on my back trying to sleep a little longer and I saw a man, or it was disguised to look like a man and I thought it was my fiancé, but realized it was bald because it had a glare on its head, so I decided to test it and asked, "mike"? It replied, "Think again" in a very low, scratchy, and deep voice. That's when I knew it was something else and it said it was going to get me and my baby... I am pregnant now too.

Then before it tried grabbing me I felt for my covers and realized I was naked when I had my clothes on and the covers were pulled way off the bed that's when the thing tried pinning me down and I felt non-stop pressure on my chest to the point to where I couldn't move and I was shaking very violently. As this was happening, my leg got very numb and it felt like a 100 pounds as I was trying to lift it to kick the thing, which I finally was able to lift my leg. Then I got to the half left side trying to get out of the bed and that's when a black mass appeared right in front of me and it said, "I'm awake now". Then it got closer to my face making a scary noise, so I tried biting and then I growled, but I think I really snored. I really don't know what I was doing, but I finally was able to speak and yelled, "GOD"! That's when I got out of it and started crying very hard to the point to where I thought I was going to vomit and that's when I called my mom, which I thought my sister still had her cell, but my mom really had it and as soon as my mom answered my fiancé walked through the door saying he forget his belt, then realized I didn't look very hot anymore and asked what happened and of course he was more worried about being on time for work, but he took me over to my mom's house and then me and her went over to my grandparents' house and told them what happened to me.

My grandma wasn't too sure, but my grandpa said that he watched a show the other night about a Indian who had the same thing happen to him, but wasn't sure if there was a message like mine had.

What do you all think this was? Just a scary vision possibly or what...? For the fact that I couldn't get out of whatever it was without yelling GOD! I know for a fact it had to be evil, but I just need someone else to assure me or prove me wrong. Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wildangel_2121, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
Thank goodness there are some people with brains, yes, pregnancy does affect your dreams in a way no man or a woman who has never been pregnant could imagine, I was dreaming things like I'd left my baby in my dresser drawer for months and only just realised, opening that drawer was an experience I'll never forget! And yes I also had very frightening dreams of all sorts of monsters and lucid dreams truly thinking I was awake, I lucid dream now but when your pregnant its like x100 worse. I have already posted before because there is a reverend on this site and every answer he gives is 'its sounds like demons' and then quotes loads of parts of the bible! Most true ghosts are just people like us who haven't crossed over therefore they are confused, can be angry etc and if someone does have a frightening encounter most of the time it's just a spirit trying to get attention and become calmer once they are taken notice of. Of course there are some nasty evil spirits, same as there are nasty evil people. Apparently you are the same personality after you die than in life unless you've recongnised the error of your ways and repented. This has nothing to do with lucid pregnant dreaming though. There are not demons lurking around every bloody corner waiting for 'bait'
wildangel_2121 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
I didn't realize how confusing I made it...haha...I was in a hurry. I was still dressed when I got out of the weirdness and it happened two other times but not during a nightmare... Which is still very freaky... I mean to lay down and then all the sudden you can't move anything but your head... Think about it. I am saved already by the way... I think being prego has peaked my over protectiveness... I know God will take care of me and my lil peanut... I was just freaking out a lil bit. A lot of the comments helped me think other ways, others helped reassure me or encourage me, while others were ok... Oh and I did forget to mention something else in my story... I did have red hand marks on my chest and my wrists did have little bruises... Like something with small fingers had pinned me down. That just makes me sicker to my tummy, so I try to just forget about it... Oh I also found out that Citranatal Assure causes neurological manifestations... Its a big list of side effects and one was paralysis. Suprise! Now I don't know which Prenatal to take cause I'm afraid to take them, but I am calling my doc today to see which ones do not have the side effects.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-05)
I agree with everyone, it was a vivid dream. The way you explained it, it was hard to understand. I don't know what you were dreaming or what really happened. I don't think I understand what you're trying to say well enough to really know what happened. I was quite confused the entire time. However, I still agree that is was just a dream.
breakingdawn (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
Hi, I think that what happened to you was scary! I would be freaked right out if something ever happened to me, even if it was a dream! I could understand your fear. I would pray more... I mean what else could you do? Having the lord in your heart and mind will put you at ease and cast away evil things.
Francyne28 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
I would be scared too if I had a dream like that. I just hope you stay calm because your pregnant and if nothing else has happened it was probably a one time thing. If it was evil though do not make a big deal about it because it feeds off that energy. Good luck! 😁 😁 😁
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-01)
hi, thankyou for sharing your story, I too would be scared if I had a dream like that, try staying a prayer or two before sleep, just a question when you saw the black mass were you awake or asleep, also psalm 23 is the prayer for protection, all the best with the baby. Di. Xx ❤
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
I think God wanted you to cry out to Him:) He let's evil go only so far. Even with the saved. When I was pregnant I was super sensitive and had crazy dreams. I had one dream that I left my baby out in the sun and she melted, it was one of those stressful nightmares. I hate them. But keep cryin out to the Lord and you'll be saved. Bless you & yours.

LSD
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
Vulcan10 did make a rather good point at the end of their comment...

Where were your clothes when you looked for them?

Were they folded up and off to the side or were they just thrown about?

Hope to hear the answers to these questions soon, nad it would be interesting to see what others come up with that may help you?

Peace
JustCurious
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
I've read in books several accounts of where a spirit fled after some one evoked the name of God. It was some type of sleep paralysis but possibly not just a dream. The Lord and angels have worked through dreams as it says in the word, and I have even had a question I needed answered straight forward in a dream, and I've had many precognitive dreams that when dreamed more than once always come true, so the sleeping physical brain would seem to be more open spiritually to information out there. If you haven't had anything else happen it would be hard to say at this point, other than the fact that you were naked. Where were your cloths when you got up, a place you'd normally put them? And were they folded like you would or just thrown about?
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
Lou and Mario just to jump into your debate. I understand what's mario is saying. Regardless of being pregnant or having a hormonal imbalance. When you experience something like that, the feeling has to come from somewhere. When you think of the word baby you think of Blessing, you think of Jesus, you think of heaven, When you experiece something that this woman did, you think of scary, you think of mean, you think of evil. You are battling Good and Evil on a daily basis. I believe possibly when a woman is pregnant, you have something Beautiful,, amazing, and good inside you, so it makes sence that Evil will try and make its presence known in this time. And everyone has a choice how to take it or what to do about it. This lady was unsure of what it meant or what to do so she came on here looking for anyones views. I think you did exactly the right thing in the situation girl! Let it be known God is on your side! And don't read to much into all our silly comments. We all just like to sound like we know what were talking about haha when really we all have no idea becasue none of this is truly in our control.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
MarioChavez: This author was unsure of her experience from the very begining... The last line of her account reads: "I just need someone else to assure me or prove me wrong. Thanks"...

'Nuff said...
MarioChavez (11 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
An honest person can tell the difference between a vivid dream, attack of nerves, etc., and an experience of a completely different sort. Every rational person knows in their heart of hearts when they are experiencing something natural, yet out of the ordinary, and something which can only be described as supernatural or preternatural. The woman in the story was honest enough to trust her instincts and conclude that this was no ordinary occurence. Why do you think she's sharing it on a paranormal site? No, I don't consider everything to be demonic, I only consider to be demonic things containing the obvious mark of demons. As far as not wanting to "scare" people with the truth, I say that they are already terrified in most cases, and have suffered enough without another person telling them not to worry, it's all their mind.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
Whoa, scary incident. I have had sleep paralysis incidents myself that were frightening, although I didn't have any when I was preggers, slept like an ole hound dog, deep and impossible to wake up. My dreams were extremely vivid during that time however, so I have to agree with the others. Sounds like yours combined with your sleep paralysis episode, no wonder it scared you so much. Lots of information on this subject on the internet, and I like the recommendation you talk to your doctor next time you are in for a check up, it may further reassure you.

Oh, and Congratulations to you! ❤ ❤
MidnightRose (1 stories) (15 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
At MarioChaves... It really infuriated me to read the remarks that you made against the posters here, one who happens to be a mod (late grats on that granny:) *bangs head on desk*). Also, I have a question for you: When was the last time YOU were pregnant? If the answer is never then you REALLY should NOT be saying anything because you know NOT of what you speak!

I would like to say to wildangel that I am sure everything will be fine! I am sure it has nothing to do with demonic anything as some posters here would want you to believe. I would also suggest that if you are worried to maybe follow grannys advice and see your doctor.

Take care and let us know how you are doing:)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
MarioChavez: Just so you can see and understand that certain individuals have insight, and are not dishonest as you claim, I've a couple of links for YOU to visit in your spare time:

Http://www.webmd.com/baby/.../vivid-dreams-of-pregnant-women

Http://www.babyzone.com/.../health...pregnant/.../pregnancy-dreams

Http://www.babycenter.com
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
At MarioChavez: With all due respect, I find it "rediculously absurd" (and quite annoying too) when someone comes here looking for some kind of reassurance following a strange experience they have had, something, atleast in this case, that is so obviously (in my humble opinion and as others have suggested) sleep/dream related only to have people jump in with "Its DEFINATELY AN EVIL DEMON... YOU ARE IN DANGER, IT WANTS YOUR SOUL, IT CAN'T BE ANYTHING ELSE BLAH BLAH BLAH!.

I found this site by accident and decided to share an experience I had a few years back (which hasn't been approved yet) but I've enjoyed reading some of the stories posted and seen quite a few posts where young people are asking for some help/reassurance? Because of their own experience, and a lot of the time all I see are comments that don't even attempt to reassure the young person, don't attempt to offer possible rational explanations for their experience, they just dive in "YOU HAVE A DEMON FOLLOWING YOU, AN EVIL SPIRIT!"...Can you imagine how terrifying this could be to some people (and not just young people),...sorry, I just think its disgusting. You have to look at all possibilities before concluding that what someones experience is of a paranormal nature.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
MarioChavez,
I realize that you feel that God is the answer to everything... And that is good, because ultimately he is. But not every dream or nightmare that occurs during our sleep or partial sleep is paranormal... And if it isn't paranormal, it is not demonic.
If your advice to people is err on the side of caution and prepare for the worst, just in case something bad actually happens, your comments will be appropriately weighed by posters on their merit for that individual's situation and beliefs.
But until you find a way to get pregnant, maybe you ought to study up a bit on what happens to a female's body during pregnancy, before you spout off telling everyone who actually knows what they are talking about to stop being absurd and dishonest. Scan through any of the regular posters' profiles on this site and you will see they ARE here to help, regardless of the author's beliefs, condition, or attitude.
This woman had one dream on one day and you've already diagnosed demonic oppression. I assume morning sickness is full possession. This woman, as does every woman who becomes pregnant, has enough to worry about... So let's wait to save her soul after the baby is born...

Lou
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
hi wildangel have to agree with the comments here it was most likly a vivid dream.
Being pregnant you will be checking everything you do to keep baby safe and a dream of a thing threatening your baby would be so frighening but as you said you called on the one person you felt could protect you god!
Now I am not religious at all but I do believe in the power of positive thinking and you calling out to god gave you the mental strenth to protect your baby and your self from this thing (in your dream) and more than likely woke you up at the same time but with such a dream still fresh in your mind it could feel like an experiance you did go through.
Personaly I don't think you have anything to worry about at all, enjoy the pregnancy, and I wish you the best with your growing family ❤
Carl

This comment from MarioChavez is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Well, it probably is something to do with the pregnancy. It is probably an hormanal imbalance/problem. I wouldn't worry too much.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Well, it could be a nightmare due to your pregancy... Or it could be something else. Just watch, observe, and wait to see if anything else happens. Only time will tell.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
I agree that this does sound like vivid dreaming. I don't think that you have anything to worry about.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
I'm in agreement with Lou. Pregnant women are under a lot of stress, physical, emotional, and hormonal. What you describe sounds more like a very vivid nightmare than an evil visitation. Your statement that you might have growled, but think you really snored, supports the nightmare idea.
Another thing you said, your fiance noticed you didn't look very hot anymore? Are you indicating by this that before he left, you were physically hot? If so, you may kicked off the covers and taken your clothing off in your sleep trying to cool off. Just a thought.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
wildangel: Unfortunately, vivid dreaming is a side effect of hormonal imbalance... In the early stages of pregnancy, hGC levels will double every 72 to 96 hours... The levels will peak at approximately 8-12 weeks gestation, and then begin to level off, or even decline... This is the main cause of morning sickness, as your body is not accustomed to such levels, and is basically rejecting those hormones that are unnecessary... I take it this is your first pregnancy?...

Also, as your maternal instinct kicks into high gear, your baby is the only thing on your mind, consciously and subconsciously... The fear of losing your baby, or someone causing strife or stress in your life will, without a doubt, make you hyper-aware of perceived threats whether real or imagined...

Though it's not uncommon for women to become more aware of paranormal occurances during pregnancy, they usually happen when the person is wide awake, and otherwise occupied... I suggest you talk to your doctor, and get his/her insight into vivid dreaming while pregnant... ❤
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
wildangel,
Personally, I don't think you have much to worry about. Although what you described would be unnerving for anyone, remember the condition you are in. No offense intended, but as a father, I've seen what pregnancy does to a woman, physically, emotionally, hormonally, etc.
You are not exclusively "yourself" anymore... And I think you experienced a momentary overload. Physically, you were not marked or injured in any way, correct?

Lou

This comment from JustinEckert is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: