You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Intranquil Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Intranquil Spirit

 

My sister in law had come to live with me and my husband due to the fact that my brother left her pregnant and with a 1 year old. As a woman, I understood and felt her pain but as a sister I still loved my brother even for what he did. For a few months, all she did was cry and there was nothing I could do to help her. One weekend I went to get my cards read (which I don't do anymore) and she tagged along, after that day she became obsessed with getting my brother back through witchcraft. I know a lot about it because of my grandmother and mother and so I told her what she needed to do (big mistake!). We went to a "candle shop" and she talked to the people there as to what she could do, I never once stopped and asked because I felt like it wasn't my place, it was personal. Later that night, she told me that they gave her the Intranquil Spirit candle; I didn't like that idea because that spirit isn't something you mess around with. It's almost close to the Santa Muerte spirit (you can Google both and get a feel for what I'm talking about) I told her that she needed to light a white candle for protection for not only herself, but for the household. I'm guessing she never did.

A couple of weeks later, we started hearing footsteps around the house; loud heavy walking, at one point her and I were in the restroom cleaning makeup brushes and we both turned around really fast, looking behind us, I asked her if she heard that and she looked scared but said she did. What we heard was someone walking down the hall and into the restroom with us (please note that my house sits on cinder blocks so any walking, paranormal or not, we're going to hear it); and stopped directly behind me. Since she was pregnant she would wake up in the middle of the night and eat cereal, one morning she had told me that the night before she woke up to have some cereal and she said she heard the cat under the sink, but when she went to go look the cat wasn't there. She went back to eating the cereal and heard it again, she got scared and went back to her room; her room light brought enough light for her to see that our cat was asleep with me on the bed. And no, we don't have rats; it wasn't a possum or anything like that. Even my husband started to become aggressive and that's not his nature, nothing was ever peaceful, everything seemed strained. I don't know if it was that candle or just her vibes rubbing off on me and him.

Things happened to her more than to me or my husband, she told us that she would see black spots in the living room when she would come from outside late at night and they seemed to be gliding on the wall. Before any of the candle business was brought into play, yes, we did hear things in that house but it never made me feel uncomfortable, the door knobs would turn and we always would hear the front door open and close. But like I said nothing had an evil feel to it, until she lit that candle. I'd hear voices, but there weren't voices, something like moans maybe? I have no idea. My niece hated being in her room, she would scream bloody murder when it was time to go to bed and would be ok when she was out of the room. I asked her if she ever lit the white candle and she told me no, so I told her to just get rid of it, and once she did, it stopped. She continued to do other things in the house to get what she wanted (which I had no idea), eventually her and my brother did get back together but this was after she decided to plunk down money for an experienced cunadera who, I guess successfully brought them back together. I'm not sure what was in the house, but she's gone and that's the last time I help anyone or do anything like that.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jhoutx83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jhoutx83 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
[at] Vulcan, I don't know of anyone personally that kills animals, I mean once I ran over this cat and cried for like days on end, but it wasn't intentional:)

[at] DeviousAngel, before she came to the house, we had things happen but nothing fearful, nothing that made us tense or anything like that, a very calm feeling...yes, it stopped after she left.

[at] Rook, in Houston, where I'm from... And like many heavily populated Hispanic cities, there are a lot of women and men who come from Mexico (and other countries) that practice all kind of "magic"...of course they don't advertise but you know from someone who has went and so forth. She was and probably still is a very negative, evil person, and I don't say evil in the sense she's the devil worshiper (she could be) but she always had mean and ugly ways.

[at] Badjuujuu, I've read about Wiccan and Pagan followers and what they do practice, no, they don't believe in killing animals and such, so I never think ill towards them, that's what they believe and I can't be prejudice, so basically I'm with you on that

[at] Unfriendly, I don't know what you are asking... Sorry 😕
Unfriendly (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-04)
I'm at a bit of a loss as to how this candle was made in a modern day western nation. I too have come across an evil artifact that was crafted with cruel actions, but it was an old thing from an indiginous tribe in papua new guinae, the slaughter needed to make it couldn't have gone unnoticed in a developed nation. This makes me wonder where this candle shop gets the candles from.
Also from what you've said about the effects of this candle is it a very crude thing, very poorly made. The candle itself is nothing but who or what is infusing them with these properties and how? What are they being exposed to?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
I do think it was her negative energy that encouraged this activity. Did it stop after she left? I'm just glad nothing worse happened, really. I've heard so many stories, and not all of them can be made-up, about people being attacked by bad entities attracted by these types of rituals.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
I'm happy that things have calmed down around your home, and feel truly bad for your brother and even more so for your sister in law. Not to mention whomever she went to that may have 'completed' the return of your brother to her.

I'm surprised that she even found someone who practiced that 'shade' of spell casting...

Your insight was correct, burning the white candles with the intention of ridding your home of this negativity worked... With out the negative energy the spirit didn't hang around and continue to bother your family.

MHO is this... A negative spirit was attracted by her intentions... Not the 'candle' she lit. This 'ritual' is designed to harass and torment the spirit of the 'run away lover' until they return... With out knowing fully what she was doing however the ritual failed in this matter. However her intentions were felt and a negative spirit was attracted to the energy of her intentions... While spirits may not 'feed' like we here in the world... There are energies that they can draw upon for strength (negative for negative... Positive for positive... It's pretty basic).

As far as Heavenly Father and Christ are concerned... Who or what was called upon before Heavenly Father chose to reveal Himself... There is to much evidence and too many pre-christian faiths that have prayers and ceremonies that work... Look at some of the Native American and/or African Tribes... I can also point to research that shows part of the christian faith may have been suppressed in order to make it more appealing to the Romans... Just ask, I'll do my best to provide links... (gotta love PBS...)

Negative attracts Negative, Positive attracts positive (unless you are a magnate) You reap what you sow...

Spiritual beings are attracted to our energy... They respond to the attention that we provide them and in order to get more of that attention (energy) they will do things to 'aid' us. Spirits respond to the strength/conviction of our faith so as far as Biblical stories go... That particular spirit recognized the strength/conviction of Christ's faith and responded to it... Those 'non-believers'...well they didn't have the strength/conviction that real Faith can bring and therefore the spirit ignored them and attacked...

I hope I haven't highjacked this thread... Be well jhoutx83, I wish you the best and thank you for sharing this experience with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
What your sister-in-law did was wrong. She practiced black magic and she changed the natural course of things. Your brother may have had other things to do in life and his course was changed. That is plain a$$ wrong. One is NOT supposed to do that.

Shame on her. I can't even begin to say how much that irks me and I feel very bad for your brother. This was a woman obssessed and not thinking clearly. She is going to get what is coming to her. She did not research clearly how to do these types of spells. There is an art to it that doesn't get one into the kind of trouble she got herself into. Karma is a b&%#^ and she eventually comes for everyone.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
I know that some practices are not peaceful, I just feel... Disappointed when all practices get lumped under animal sacrifice. Wicca and modern Paganism are peaceful paths. I guess I'm just trying to spread awareness that alternate religious beliefs are not bad.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
Hi jhoutx83, what your sister in law did was very selfish and wrong. She invited negative energy into your home with her plans to manipulate your brother against his will. I believe in the old saying that you can bring the horse to the water but you can't make it drink. My point is that no matter what she does if your brother is strong enough he will not be caught by her net. It is still his choice what he wants to do. I know because my sister is so evil and she hates me because her spells doesn't work on me. Yes I fight against it by praying a lot and one of the guys here on YGS taught me how to shield my home, and it works. I still want to write about that experience though because it will be helpful to many.
I would like to add to BadJuuJuu that I think vulcan10 sees witchcraft like I do. In Africa they do kill animals for their muti, and I think it's cruel and evil. Some sangomas even kill humans for body parts here in Africa. They call it muti murders. It is disgusting to read in the papers about a murder when the headline is:"Muti murder,...Woman found dead without hands and eyes ext." Even children are brutally killed by these evil sangomas for body parts to make their muti. I don't think Wiccans or Pagans is part of this witchcraft stuff if you say you don't hurt animals. Take care. Trix.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
Vulcan, I don't want to start a riot here, but killing small animals? There are true Pagans and Wiccans here, we don't do animal sacrifice, it's against our beliefs to cause harm. Try to remember in the future, causing suffering of any kind is not what we are about.
The actions of the sister in law in this story would be frowned upon by the majority of Pagans and Wiccans as her behavior was shortsighted and selfish.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
I don't know about the 3 fold return or why on earth a spiritual being would have any inclination to listen to a single word a human said no matter what chant or candle they burned or small animal they killed, I mean hey, if I'm a spirit, it's not like I'm hungry anyway and you'd have no power over me except by the name of Jesus and only then if you were a true christian believer with a lot of faith, remember what the demon told a group who acted pious but was not a true follower of christ, "paul I know and Jesus I know but who art thou?" then proceeded to beat them close to death. It sure sounds like she invited a fallen spirit into your midst. I wouldn't mess with any of it if I was you.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
hi jhoutx83 interesting story thanks for sharing.
Sorry to say but agree with granny your sister in law has played with things she should have left well alone and one day it will come back on her and it will be worse than it was the first time, like granny said 3 fold return.
Even though the noises and other things have stopped could I surgest you light white candles and thank the spirits for leaving.
You might want to light one for your sister in law too, it might help.
Carl
jhoutx83 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
[at] zzsgranny, I hope that he does see the light and for [at] Lislani, I am beyond horrified that I was part of all that... I just wasn't thinking at the time and now I wish I would have stopped her 😢
Lislani (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
It seems that she did more than use candles to get your brother back. I feel for you and sorry that you had to go through that, it must had been horrible. Its just a shame that she didn't think of you guys, and you of your brother. For letting her do him harm. 😢
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+9
13 years ago (2011-04-28)
jhoutx83: Yeah, um, what her actions boil down to is interfering with your brother's free will... The use of an "intranquil spirit" candle or spell doesn't conjure a spirit, it causes the spirit of the person at whom the spell is aimed to become tormented until whatever is wished by the caster is accomplished... Since we don't know what else she may have done though, sounds like the candle spell is the least of her problems...

Eventually, your brother will see the "light" when the power of her spell wears off...It's the "law of three"...What goes around comes around, but when someone's free will is messed with, this compounds the repercussions to "three times three"...

I feel that some of your experiences were indeed your brother's spirit, doing what it was bid to do: return to her... I feel sorry for your brother, this must have been a very difficult time for him...

I'm glad you made the decision to not meddle in such things again... But for your sister-in-law, there are hard times ahead...I'm sorry ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: